Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155924 times)
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:43 AM »

Big promotion set aside. I was hoping for some in depth interviews with Axl and all the other current and former members working on Chinese Democracy. How did it happen? How did it all come together? Why has it been taking so long? At least at press release should have been a minimum of information. Althoug it was very nice of Axl to wish us a happy thanks giving beer

I am very much looking forward to a tv-documentary. "The making of Chinese Democracy" That would be good promotion to sell that to tv-stations world wide. Or atleast sell it as a dvd so we can buy it. I really hope that happens peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2008, 07:29:33 AM »

when did axl wish us a happy thanksgiving?? anyways if axl doesnt wana be in the spotlight..thats fine..but the managers and their crew should have done abit MORE..alot MORE....this album should be number 1..everywhere...you work so hard for 10years on a masterpiece. britney spears comeback is all everyones talking about..BORING!!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2008, 07:31:12 AM »

when did axl wish us a happy thanksgiving??

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54866.0
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: December 04, 2008, 07:37:34 AM »

by the way i think it would be great to see the WHOLE GNR crew including the management have an amazing promotional marketing campaign after the new year. that will shut everyone up. i know the albums already out with lame promotion. i think the album has sold pretty well considering the band hasnt done any kind of promotion.

LAME PROMOTION=CHINESE DEMOCRACY HAS SOLD PRETTY WELL

AWESOME PROMOTION AFTER THE NEW YEAR=CHINESE DEMOCRACY KEEPS ON SELLING WORLDWIDE...MILLIONS N MILLIONS OF COPIES.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »

by the way i think it would be great to see the WHOLE GNR crew including the management have an amazing promotional marketing campaign after the new year. that will shut everyone up. i know the albums already out with lame promotion. i think the album has sold pretty well considering the band hasnt done any kind of promotion.

LAME PROMOTION=CHINESE DEMOCRACY HAS SOLD PRETTY WELL

AWESOME PROMOTION AFTER THE NEW YEAR=CHINESE DEMOCRACY KEEPS ON SELLING WORLDWIDE...MILLIONS N MILLIONS OF COPIES.

thats what alof of us are hoping,
and would love to see gnr kick off the new year with some good promo
or a music video to bring in 09

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2008, 07:45:38 AM »

didnt appetitite for destruction sell low in the first year?? only when people starting hearing about the album...then it sold millions? i know that was over 20 years ago..but still!

im gona ring axl now and invite him round my house for an interview and a curry.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

when did axl wish us a happy thanksgiving?? anyways if axl doesnt wana be in the spotlight..thats fine..but the managers and their crew should have done abit MORE..alot MORE....this album should be number 1..everywhere...you work so hard for 10years on a masterpiece.

No way... If Axl doesn't want to do promo that's one thing... But you can't expect anyone else to break their neck for it in that case. The label have already sunk millions into it, why should they feel obliged to do and spend more when the low cost promotion (interviews etc) aren't being done? And management's job is to get the artist in front of the right people in order to ensure maximum exposure. But if the artist doesn't want exposure there's only so much they can do...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:47:42 AM by demo23nz » Logged
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #387 on: December 04, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »

You guys are right.
Axl once said he wanted to let the music do the talking.
Well, that music is here. Listen to the lyrics on CD and you will start to slowly understand.
the problem is that the music needs to be presented to the avg fan. It cant talk to them if it never gets to them

There's always a problem, isn't there... I mean, we only have the first Guns N' Roses record in 17 years in our hands, what's there to be happy about?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #388 on: December 04, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »

You guys are right.
Axl once said he wanted to let the music do the talking.
Well, that music is here. Listen to the lyrics on CD and you will start to slowly understand.
the problem is that the music needs to be presented to the avg fan. It cant talk to them if it never gets to them

There's always a problem, isn't there... I mean, we only have the first Guns N' Roses record in 17 years in our hands, what's there to be happy about?

One thing to be happy about is that we'll hopefully have three by the end 2012.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »

Very sad I'm seeing Britney Spears all over the place as she makes yet another come back, but the only thing GNR is a lame law suit against a soda pop company (that is getting made fun of).

very disappointing.

Maybe the point is that Axl doesn't want to be like Britney Spears. Maybe the point is that Axl Rose has already been the biggest thing in the world, and he doesn't need that anymore. MTV, Rolling Stone, VH1, AMA's, Grammys--whatever he wanted, he could do, and he'd do it well because he is a born showman. At some point he's going to get out there, but on his own terms.

oh please... give me a break.  YEARS in the making, beyond anticpated, millions of dollars spent on its creation, tons of "what's it going to sound like" questions, axl's first music without slash and the rest of the old gunners...   and he doesn't need to talk? or doesn't want a cover of RS? or as much buzz as possible? 

yet his legal team sues Dr. Pepper to get some headlines?

Roll Eyes

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #390 on: December 04, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

Very sad I'm seeing Britney Spears all over the place as she makes yet another come back, but the only thing GNR is a lame law suit against a soda pop company (that is getting made fun of).

very disappointing.

Maybe the point is that Axl doesn't want to be like Britney Spears. Maybe the point is that Axl Rose has already been the biggest thing in the world, and he doesn't need that anymore. MTV, Rolling Stone, VH1, AMA's, Grammys--whatever he wanted, he could do, and he'd do it well because he is a born showman. At some point he's going to get out there, but on his own terms.

oh please... give me a break.  YEARS in the making, beyond anticpated, millions of dollars spent on its creation, tons of "what's it going to sound like" questions, axl's first music without slash and the rest of the old gunners...   and he doesn't need to talk? or doesn't want a cover of RS? or as much buzz as possible? 

Roll Eyes

On the Eddie Trunk Radio Show back in 2006 (very cool listen), Axl says he wants the music to speak and he'll talk later.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

very disappointing.

Roll Eyes

On the Eddie Trunk Radio Show back in 2006 (very cool listen), Axl says he wants the music to speak and he'll talk later.

and the music spoke almost 3 years later....  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »

we all need to remember that axl never gave a fuck what we think.  at first it pissed me off, but i came to accept him for who he is...and in my opinion, he's the best frontman who ever lived and cd has solidified him in this manner.  i hope this album won't be his swan song (although i strongly feel it is)...but what he's given us is amazing to say the least.  honestly, the promotional part doesn't play that big a part for me.  we (the real loyal fans) got what we wanted...an awesome compilation of music.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:04 PM »

The monumental campaign statement was made by management.

Is it possible that Axl does not want the record to peak too soon?

Could he be planning for something bigger throughout the coming year?

Perhaps he wants CD to gain steam closer to the time period he's thinking of releasing Chinese Democracy II.

If the record peaks mid next year, it may lead to a bigger audience for a 2010 follow-up record.

At 7-800,000 records sold worldwide, this thing is already HUGE.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2008, 12:50:23 PM »

Perhaps he wants CD to gain steam closer to the time period he's thinking of releasing Chinese Democracy II.

If the record peaks mid next year, it may lead to a bigger audience for a 2010 follow-up record.

With virtually no promotion, I would call the worldwide sales spectacular smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #395 on: December 05, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »

we all need to remember that axl never gave a fuck what we think.  at first it pissed me off, but i came to accept him for who he is...and in my opinion, he's the best frontman who ever lived and cd has solidified him in this manner.  i hope this album won't be his swan song (although i strongly feel it is)...but what he's given us is amazing to say the least.  honestly, the promotional part doesn't play that big a part for me.  we (the real loyal fans) got what we wanted...an awesome compilation of music.

Yeah, he is what he is--that's exactly right. If he was in this for Rolling Stone covers and sit down chats with Jay Leno he wouldn't have made this album--he couldn't have made it. After 15 years and all of these second and third hand sources talking about how Axl is a personal guy, doesn't want the spotlight etc. If you've been through it, if you've been the biggest thing around, maybe you don't need it anymore. Maybe it just gets too much. I don't know--maybe he'll go against my every expectation and start doing a ton of interviews tomorrow, but I don't think we'll hear from him until the tour.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #396 on: December 05, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »

With virtually no promotion, I would call the worldwide sales spectacular smoking

i would go one step farther and call it a global phenomenon.  when was the last time an album with no promotion captured the wordl's attention?  probably never.  people just simply love this amazing music.  and i fully expect sales to go UP as everyone who bought this special album shares it with their friends and family.  the record industry is probably reeling right now, trying to figure out how this is happening.  one word, motherfuckers:  axl.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2008, 02:51:02 PM »

when did axl wish us a happy thanksgiving?? anyways if axl doesnt wana be in the spotlight..thats fine..but the managers and their crew should have done abit MORE..alot MORE....this album should be number 1..everywhere...you work so hard for 10years on a masterpiece. britney spears comeback is all everyones talking about..BORING!!!

Britney Spears is willing to walk around naked 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while selling out every inch of her private life--children included-- to be a star. When she decides to make a record she hires hitmakers to make her a record and then she hits the gym so she'll look better naked and airbrushed. This is what the American public likes--not masterpieces.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

Well... IF this album continues to power its way towards phenomenal global numbers... and picks up in the US.... with such minimal promotion... Axl has just increased his "legend" ten-fold IMHO. The UYI era of cd sales are long gone for everyone- but if Axl can go platinum (perhaps multiple times over globally) w/o lifting a finger... he's truly operates on a different plane than virtually the rest of the industry. He may be even "cooler" than many of us have long suspected. peace

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

Call me Mr Optimism, but maybe this IS part of the plan...

Get the CD out there and have everyone asking "Where the HELL is Axl?  Fucker drops a CD like this from out of nowhere in hermitville, then nobody can find him!??!"  But wait - after 4 weeks "...here is his first and only interview since the release of the CD.  Hear what he has to say.."

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: