Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155881 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »

Very sad I'm seeing Britney Spears all over the place as she makes yet another come back, but the only thing GNR is a lame law suit against a soda pop company (that is getting made fun of).

very disappointing.

Maybe the point is that Axl doesn't want to be like Britney Spears. Maybe the point is that Axl Rose has already been the biggest thing in the world, and he doesn't need that anymore. MTV, Rolling Stone, VH1, AMA's, Grammys--whatever he wanted, he could do, and he'd do it well because he is a born showman. At some point he's going to get out there, but on his own terms.

Exactly.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #361 on: December 03, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »

These line from Sorry should sum up Axl's thinking IMHO "You don't know why I won't give in, the hell with the pressure I'm not caving in" and "You thought they'd make me behave and submit, what were you thinking, I don't forget."

I think those lines perfectly describe why Axl isn't doing press.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2008, 06:32:53 PM »

or the lines from Prostittute: "Ask yourself why i would choose to prostittute myself, to live in fortune and shame"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #363 on: December 03, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »

Yeah I forgot about that one.

I look at it like this, Axl worked on the album for a long time. It's a very personal album, if he doesn't want to support the album that is fine. Maybe he didn't want to give interviews or anything. Maybe he decided to wait until January to promote it.  It's not really our place to bitch and moan about it though. It's obvious he wanted it to come out or it wouldn't be out, so just enjoy it. I know I sure as hell am.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #364 on: December 03, 2008, 07:00:27 PM »

You guys are right.
Axl once said he wanted to let the music do the talking.
Well, that music is here. Listen to the lyrics on CD and you will start to slowly understand.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #365 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »

These line from Sorry should sum up Axl's thinking IMHO "You don't know why I won't give in, the hell with the pressure I'm not caving in" and "You thought they'd make me behave and submit, what were you thinking, I don't forget."

I think those lines perfectly describe why Axl isn't doing press.
^ that is completely different from ...

or the lines from Prostittute: "Ask yourself why i would choose to prostittute myself, to live in fortune and shame"

Doing an interview or two isnt prostituting.
Its called promotion

If Axl is boycotting the media I can live with that. I think we are going to hear from Axl soon but its going to come  from an unexpected source.

You guys are right.
Axl once said he wanted to let the music do the talking.
Well, that music is here. Listen to the lyrics on CD and you will start to slowly understand.
the problem is that the music needs to be presented to the avg fan. It cant talk to them if it never gets to them
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:42:05 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #366 on: December 03, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »

Just noticed this beaut on my last.fm page:

No idea if they put that there randomly or because I'm a fuckin' GNR nut.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: December 03, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »

I can't believe that this CD only sold 250K copies so far.  I love this album, in the end, I guess that is all that matters.  However, IMO this statistic is pathetic considering who released the album and the anticipation and controversy that naturally follows Axl.  I know that sales could take off when a tour, more singles, video, etc. happens.  But at the same time, I think this was a missed opportunity to sell 3 times the product in the opening week.  I was expecting a huge campaign and push as the album approached.  IMO, this released should have been an explosion of GNR and they should have been everywhere.  Not to preach to the choir here, but damn, I am disappointed in the following:

1) Axl decided to do zero promotion for this album.  I know, and love Axl for what he stands for.  However, I think he could have still done a few promotional things without crossing the line and "pimping himself out"
2) While I love the Best Buy Exclusive....their promotion was a joke.  They should have advertised this much more and earlier.
3) I can't believe that GNR singles were pushed harder for radio play.  This could have been done much better if promoted properly.
4) We have not see any members of the band out promoting this album
5) I would have liked to see articles and photos of the band in almost every music magazine and newspaper this month
6) I can't imagine how or why GNR's top notch management team decided that his was the best way or enough promotion for an album like this one
7) At a minimum, I would have thought that an interview and cover of Rollingstone would have been done

I hope more is to come from the band...but damn, this was a poor start IMO
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #368 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:21 PM »

Nah

They did sell the album to the highest bidder and when did promoting your album constitute being a prostitute?

he had no problem selling the band back in the 90's doing million dollar videos.

I think he wasn't ready to release it or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #369 on: December 03, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »

Nah

They did sell the album to the highest bidder and when did promoting your album constitute being a prostitute?

he had no problem selling the band back in the 90's doing million dollar videos.

I think it's more that he's changed since then

Bach, in one of his many interviews where he spoke on the subject, said something along the lines of Axl no longer caring about fame and attention and in fact would rather avoid it.  He said that what Axl loves and what drives him is making music, but that he doesn't like a lot of the stuff that comes along with it
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #370 on: December 03, 2008, 10:04:59 PM »

Nah

I think it's more that he's changed since then

Bach, in one of his many interviews where he spoke on the subject, said something along the lines of Axl no longer caring about fame and attention and in fact would rather avoid it.  He said that what Axl loves and what drives him is making music, but that he doesn't like a lot of the stuff that comes along with it

we can all only hope that the he has spent last decade wisely then. i.e there is more music waiting in the wings

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #371 on: December 03, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »

Axl will do his talking onstage when the Tour starts up in 2009.  I can just picture it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #372 on: December 03, 2008, 10:38:59 PM »

Axl will do his talking onstage when the Tour starts up in 2009.  I can just picture it.

{freedom78 crosses fingers}

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #373 on: December 03, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »

Maybe Axl should consider going on the Opray Winfrey Show.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #374 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »

"UNDER EVERYONE'S SEAT IS A COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY!"  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »

"UNDER EVERYONE'S SEAT IS A COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY!"  rofl
Oh my god, I think I'd have to turn in my Guns N' Roses fan club card if that happened.  I'm all for promotion, but not THAT kind of promotion.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2008, 12:35:12 AM »

yeah, i want an Axl rose toy in the happy meals of mcdonalds.  if you press the button on his back he shouts "you know where you are?"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2008, 05:25:55 AM »

yeah, i want an Axl rose toy in the happy meals of mcdonalds.  if you press the button on his back he shouts "you know where you are?"

well You have to educate the Younger population, but I don't think it should be "you know where you are?", that is so 80's... maybe something like "it don't really matter"  hihi
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2008, 05:30:28 AM »

I  didn't see this but

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJXpk5U1NI&eurl=http://blog.livedoor.jp/airyfairies/archives/65116586.html
Truck advertising The Chinese Democracy album on the streets of Tokyo.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »

Whatever strange moral stance Axl has against promoting his own work, the fact of the matter is that unless he gets out there soon the sales for this album will be dead in the water and Chinese Democracy will go down as one of the biggest commercial flops in music history.

It's already out of the UK top 5, and the US iTunes top 10.

A huge shame, in my opinion at least, when so much time and effort has gone into its production and the end result is such an excellent piece of work.

And there goes the challenger...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: