Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155967 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

The silence is deafening... 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »

We all know the band isn't regrouping until January at the earliest--this is no secret.
Really?!  I can accept the excuse of band members having other commitments but they should all be kept together from now on.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »

and i dont think it's gonna get any louder.......the rumour mills are turning now, and imo its looking likely that Axl didnt want the record out at this time

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »

and i dont think it's gonna get any louder.......the rumour mills are turning now, and imo its looking likely that Axl didnt want the record out at this time

That makes some sense. I love the album, but the mixing/mastering seems rushed. The sound levels are all over the place and its very easy to hear exactly where parts of songs were cut and pasted into. Some of the songs don't flow smoothly.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

I think at the end of the day Best Buy made the valid, but ultimately incorrect, assumption that at the same time they were sitting on 3,000,000 copies of Chinese Democracy, the band (at least the Axl, Robin, Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, Chris version of 06-07) would be gearing up for attempted world domination (in typical GN'R style) with warm-up shows, interviews, surprise performances, videos and a hit singe (e.g. "Better") announcing their comeback. I wonder what guarantees if any were made to that effect by the label or management that may have lead Best Buy to make the deal. Huh

"Better" is just sort of getting going- so there's still time for a lot those things to come to pass- but the whole thing seems very odd at the moment. It will be a shame if this gorgeous album just quietly disappears from the charts and public consciousness and Best Buy and Universal/GN'R end up in some sort of nasty legal fight. At least it will do well internationally (hate to say it- but as an American- true rock n' roll fans these days are found elsewhere- good work guys! peace) and we'll always have it and know how good it is...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »

That makes some sense. I love the album, but the mixing/mastering seems rushed. The sound levels are all over the place and its very easy to hear exactly where parts of songs were cut and pasted into. Some of the songs don't flow smoothly.
[/quote]

you must be hearing things I can't hear, apart from that one bit on Scraped which I never noticed until it was pointed out, seems fine to me....
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2008, 01:12:23 PM »

I am sorry, but what You say is TOTAL ULTRA BULLSHIT. CD was mixed and mastered properly and much much more. There are few topics about it on this forum. This is not DEATH MAGNETIC...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »

I am sorry, but what You say is TOTAL ULTRA BULLSHIT. CD was mixed and mastered properly and much much more. There are few topics about it on this forum. This is not DEATH MAGNETIC...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54858.0
wadey
Legend

« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »

I AGREE 110%............i smell bullshit and lots of it! some of the songs in my opinion are not supposed to flow smoothly and its how they are supposed to sound, it gives them texture and makes them unique which is what the band was trying to create..

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2008, 02:46:02 PM »

Does anyone else feel that Axl would have been totally opposed to putting the songs on Rock Band 2 and Body of Lies.  I have a feeling that it could have lead to Axl being monumentally pissed off and fuck you to the execs.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »

Does anyone else feel that Axl would have been totally opposed to putting the songs on Rock Band 2 and Body of Lies.  I have a feeling that it could have lead to Axl being monumentally pissed off and fuck you to the execs.

Not really.  Apparently Axl worked directly with the Rock Band people and Shackler's was his personal choice for the game
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »

Not really.  Apparently Axl worked directly with the Rock Band people and Shackler's was his personal choice for the game

I remember reading that too, but I have a hard time buying it. 

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »

Does anyone else feel that Axl would have been totally opposed to putting the songs on Rock Band 2 and Body of Lies.

How come? He did put Oh My God into the End of Days soundtrack, as well...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »

Does anyone else feel that Axl would have been totally opposed to putting the songs on Rock Band 2 and Body of Lies.

How come? He did put Oh My God into the End of Days soundtrack, as well...

Plus WTTJ in GTA, YCBM in T2

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »

The problem is that Axl doesnt have a #2 guy to market this band and album around. One is playing in NIN and one is flying solo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »

But this is Chinese Democracy...the most anticipated album of all time.  It just seems like the decesion to include them in the game and movie was only for profit...capital to put toward the "13 million" it cost...it just seems like it was an executive decesion rather than an artistic decesion.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »

The game and movie was for promotion. I highly doubt Axl wasnt ok with those 2 agreements.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2008, 05:05:18 PM »

I'm sure I remember reading something saying Ridley Scott said Axl would sort him out, this was as Black Hawk Down couldn't get Jungle due to the VR ex-gunners not allowing it to be a re-recorded version or something..

I also think that without Dr.Pepper even less people would know it was out, I mean, that offer wasn't even valid in the UK and people I know that know nothing about GN'R knew about that! Makes me laugh that they're sueing them, should be thanking them!

Anyway, Update! Just seen a TV ad for CD here in the UK on channel 4, could this be the start of UK promotion!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:12:51 PM by Axl Z » Logged

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »

Very sad I'm seeing Britney Spears all over the place as she makes yet another come back, but the only thing GNR is a lame law suit against a soda pop company (that is getting made fun of).

very disappointing.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »

Very sad I'm seeing Britney Spears all over the place as she makes yet another come back, but the only thing GNR is a lame law suit against a soda pop company (that is getting made fun of).

very disappointing.

Maybe the point is that Axl doesn't want to be like Britney Spears. Maybe the point is that Axl Rose has already been the biggest thing in the world, and he doesn't need that anymore. MTV, Rolling Stone, VH1, AMA's, Grammys--whatever he wanted, he could do, and he'd do it well because he is a born showman. At some point he's going to get out there, but on his own terms.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: