Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 155769 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »

I believe the label has a plan, but I think they are missing out on a window of opportunity to explode back onto the scene. BY NOW...GNR should be on the cover of Rolling Stone, Spin, Guitar World, Guitar One, Time, Axl on GQ, Esquire, etc.  

Instead we have Britney Spears on the cover of Rolling Stone! Do you not see anything wrong with this picture? We have the most anticipated album out and Rolling Stone has a crazy, unstable pop star that the most important thing that she has done lately is lose 20 pounds and grow her hair back. WOW! I am really excited to read about how Britneys Back Bitch!

The problem is as crazy as Ms. Spears is and all the dumb and embarrassing shit she has done in the recent past she gave RS an interview. Unfortunately Axl will not do an interview which is ironic considering they gave CD a great review, so they understandably will not give him the cover. If Brittney is willing to answer questions about her past I think Axl should be ok and realize that there could be worse questions being asked than what guitarist is going on tour with you.

For being such a bad ass rock star I think he needs to man up a little bit and get out there. One of the reasons I used to be drawn to Axl was that he was always in your face and not afraid of anyone or anything. I hate this hiding shit and being scared of answering so called tough questions like if he was afraid something.... Do you mean to tell me he is afraid of Kurt Loader all of a sudden?

Come on Axl get out there and show the world you have balls of steel and you are not afraid of shit. If people don't like something fuck it. I mean think about it... what are the tough questions? So what happened with Slash? He was fired? He left. Why? Creative differences. Do you think you will ever work with him again? No or Yes. Why did you take 17 years to finish CD? Because I fuckin felt like it. Because I could. Because I'm Axl Rose! How fuckin Bad Ass would that be! Everyone would be thrown for a loop and be like holy shit this guy is a Rock Star!

The point is it needs to be done period, but is better to do it sooner than later when the fire is still hot and everyone is excited about the realease of the album not in March when everyone already forgot what CD is.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »

I believe the label has a plan, but I think they are missing out on a window of opportunity to explode back onto the scene. BY NOW...GNR should be on the cover of Rolling Stone, Spin, Guitar World, Guitar One, Time, Axl on GQ, Esquire, etc.  

Instead we have Britney Spears on the cover of Rolling Stone! Do you not see anything wrong with this picture? We have the most anticipated album out and Rolling Stone has a crazy, unstable pop star that the most important thing that she has done lately is lose 20 pounds and grow her hair back. WOW! I am really excited to read about how Britneys Back Bitch!

The problem is as crazy as Ms. Spears is and all the dumb and embarrassing shit she has done in the recent past she gave RS an interview. Unfortunately Axl will not do an interview which is ironic considering they gave CD a great review, so they understandably will not give him the cover. If Brittney is willing to answer questions about her past I think Axl should be ok and realize that there could be worse questions being asked than what guitarist is going on tour with you.

For being such a bad ass rock star I think he needs to man up a little bit and get out there. One of the reasons I used to be drawn to Axl was that he was always in your face and not afraid of anyone or anything. I hate this hiding shit and being scared of answering so called tough questions like if he was afraid something.... Do you mean to tell me he is afraid of Kurt Loader all of a sudden?

Come on Axl get out there and show the world you have balls of steel and you are not afraid of shit. If people don't like something fuck it. I mean think about it... what are the tough questions? So what happened with Slash? He was fired? He left. Why? Creative differences. Do you think you will ever work with him again? No or Yes. Why did you take 17 years to finish CD? Because I fuckin felt like it. Because I could. Because I'm Axl Rose! How fuckin Bad Ass would that be! Everyone would be thrown for a loop and be like holy shit this guy is a Rock Star!

The point is it needs to be done period, but is better to do it sooner than later when the fire is still hot and everyone is excited about the realease of the album not in March when everyone already forgot what CD is.

The point is that there are some things behind the scene we (fans) are not aware of. So... without looking at the wider picture all the talk is just producing of sounds from our mouth and nothing else. Yes it would be cool if..., but it is not like that.

So we can only enjoy music for now... yes there are errors in booklet, yes there are no interviews, yes some people hear skip on Scraped (I don't), but there are also other things... in the end there is GN'R, Black Frog, Management, Geffen (Universal), Best Buy and many parties involved... sure some problems are expected and some tensions are involved, but all will come to the place... soon...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »

I guarantee that all of this has been very well thought out thousands of times.

If every guitar note, if every drum beat/loop guitar, vocal, piano, strings etc. has been disected, twisted, turned over, played backwards, produced, deleted, re-recorded, re-produced...etc. etc.

Shit after how many years of being "The Blues" the song was changed to the "Street of Dreams".

We know Axl is famous for his perfectionism in his song/music/art, why would he not be as strategic/perfect in other aspects of his creation/s? 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »

I guarantee that all of this has been very well thought out thousands of times.

If every guitar note, if every drum beat/loop guitar, vocal, piano, strings etc. has been disected, twisted, turned over, played backwards, produced, deleted, re-recorded, re-produced...etc. etc.

Shit after how many years of being "The Blues" the song was changed to the "Street of Dreams".

We know Axl is famous for his perfectionism in his song/music/art, why would he not be as strategic/perfect in other aspects of his creation/s? 

Until evidence exists that there is a plan beyond a knock down display at Best Buy and a free MySpace stream, doubt will persist that the marketing effort is not effective.

Let's see what the first week numbers hold. I suspect Kanye will outsell the GnR record by quite a wide margin.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »

I don't think first week sales are "so" relevent. Sure it would be great if Guns debuts at #1 but Kanye is a big Star right now. I would be more concerned if in 3-6 months Kanye has and still is outselling GNR.

Great albums are just that, Great albums. Kanye and his album will die off like the movie Godzilla in no time and CD will march on like AFD etc.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »

I don't think first week sales are "so" relevent.

I think they're massively important. Failing to make No.1 in the UK puts future sales at risk because music buyers are like sheep over here. However, it looks like it will come in at No.2 behind The Killers and the real important thing now is for it to hang around in the top ten for the next two weeks, and ideally until Christmas. If it falls badly next week, that's it.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2008, 11:21:15 AM »

Because he doesn't like to do interviews or come out in the sunlight, and he's not the type to compromise, even if it would be in his best interest to do so.  Perhaps the marketing has been well planned out, who knows?  But they can't make Axl go out and push his album if he doesn't want to do it . . .  And it appears he doesn't want to do it!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »

maybe they're just 'playing possum' so to speak.  they put the album out against huge competition, expecting all the haters and asshole shit heads to tear it down and make fun of axl.  then when teh shit storm has settled, they roll out the 4th and 5th singles, which are the real big guns. by then, everyone will be sick of trashing cd and axl,a nd will be open to hearing the new music with unbiased ears. 

and THOSE are teh singles for which they'll make videos and do interviews and promotions.  then the album will rocket to the top of the charts because everyone will also have had time to realize how much kanye and new artsists suck. 

it's actually a diabolically brilliant plan.  axl has great managers.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »

maybe they're just 'playing possum' so to speak.  they put the album out against huge competition, expecting all the haters and asshole shit heads to tear it down and make fun of axl.  then when teh shit storm has settled, they roll out the 4th and 5th singles, which are the real big guns. by then, everyone will be sick of trashing cd and axl,a nd will be open to hearing the new music with unbiased ears. 

and THOSE are teh singles for which they'll make videos and do interviews and promotions.  then the album will rocket to the top of the charts because everyone will also have had time to realize how much kanye and new artsists suck. 

as Steven Tyler eloquently put it "Dream on ..."

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2008, 01:31:57 PM »

well to me www.kerrang.com looks pretty monumental at the moment  Wink

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »

Now that's cool!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »

Wow! O_O

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »

Kerrang's site must be down - I got nuthin'

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TWT
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »

Well, I suppose Kerrang deserves some kind of respect for giving the album a poor review in the face of all that advertising money it received.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »

Well, I suppose Kerrang deserves some kind of respect for giving the album a poor review in the face of all that advertising money it received.

so the album should be judged by the amount of money you receive for ads? well I paid for album and no one paid me and I think it is great. there must be something wrong with me.

and no I am not defending kerrang, but raising my voice against above statement
TWT
Rocker

« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »

so the album should be judged by the amount of money you receive for ads?

No, because that's the opposite of what Kerrang did and is what I was commending them for. Q gives out five stars for favours. The management backed the wrong publication  ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »

Because he doesn't like to do interviews or come out in the sunlight, and he's not the type to compromise, even if it would be in his best interest to do so.  Perhaps the marketing has been well planned out, who knows?  But they can't make Axl go out and push his album if he doesn't want to do it . . .  And it appears he doesn't want to do it!
Could this be the inside joke behind over-annunciated "and I don't want to do it"?   hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »

so the album should be judged by the amount of money you receive for ads?

Of course it shouldn't, but it so often is...
Magazines give good reviews in the hope of/in return for advertising and exclusives.
All TWT is saying is that it's obvious Kerrang!'s review was not influenced by advertising $$$.
makane
Legend

« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »

Reminds me of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSduE3WIvl0

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

Reminds me of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSduE3WIvl0

priceless, I don't know which plan shows more enhanced vivid imagination

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: