Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144295 times)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

First picture I've seen of the album cover with the "Parental Advisory" warning label.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2008, 01:25:07 AM »

Well, I don't know about monumental but my feeling is that this campaign lacks pictures. I'd like to see the band in the flesh & in action for a change.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2008, 02:20:14 AM »

Well, I don't know about monumental but my feeling is that this campaign lacks pictures. I'd like to see the band in the flesh & in action for a change.

in other words,
a live performance or a music video.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:45 AM »

I did not realise we had sooo many marketing experts on this board....

I think an important point maybe, monumental does not have to mean an overload on outdoor and instore promotion....  there are other methods of communicating and raising awareness

that said - given the very short attention span of consumer society, I would expect a spike in activity before and during the launch week of the album, currentl its really been a bit of a drip, drip campaign, with little bits happening over regualr intervals, possibly building to launch - that is where I would concentrate my marketing spend in terms of TV, radio and getting in-store comms in place.  I think they have relied on newspaper and internet articles to generate some rise about the album - and the leak court case has helped with PR. 

So possible further TV exposure during high audience events might occur in this timeframe, not sure about US but in Uk and Germany the England vs Germany football match next Wednesday will get high viewer figures in those countries, I'd be looking at buying a spot or two in or around that event to hit a large audience..... 
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2008, 04:47:51 AM »

in other words,
a live performance or a music video.

Well, yeah. Just something to watch, really. I thought the air-guitar video on chinesedemocracy.co.uk was rather anticlimatic. Or just new pictures on the various websites...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 05:59:59 AM »

unfortunately, at the moment, the monumental campaign doesn't exist.

jesus christ man... did you fail to notice that bbf was on danny bondeduce today, talking about the album?  so we've got commecials and print ads and band members doing interviews on the biggest shows, and your still not happy?

what's a monumental campaign to you?  axl paints the moon with a picture of his face?  some people will never be happy. 

also, we still have a little over a week until the album comes out.  that's a time for way more interviews and way more commercials.  try and relax man!!!

i'm relaxed! my point is the same as the one young gunner has made.

Here in the UK, there was at least 3 to 4 ac/dc tv ad's PER NIGHT on PRIMETIME TV, PRIMETIME TV CHANNELS. And still i see at least one advert per night for ac/dc.

In the uk (certainly the cities i have been in), i have not seen one single poster, advert, or anything in the record stores to say this album is coming, zip, nada.
I have not seen anything on TV either.
the only GnR we're getting over hjere is in the gossip columns, or a small piece in the music section of tabloid newspapers.

and if i'm being honest, the lack of promo (imo) in the uk, is reflected in sales for the uk.

dont get me wrong, i really hope they make me eat my words next week.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »

same here.................ive seen sweet F.A ........nothing on telly, posters, flyers...........FUCK ALL.
i tell a lie........a saw an advert in the paper a few weeks ago.. theres loads of hype on the net but fuck all in reality.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 06:41:53 AM »

Working in the Advertising Industry, tells me that the 2 days before release and the week-10 days after is released will be the peak for advertising this. jarmo was right when he said people have short memories when it comes to advertising. Think of it like a dripping tap....

the longer the dripping goes on the quicker the flow gets, it will have its max appeal window and its not yet - chill out - Thursdays the day it will kick off IMO

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »

unfortunately, at the moment, the monumental campaign doesn't exist.

jesus christ man... did you fail to notice that bbf was on danny bondeduce today, talking about the album?  so we've got commecials and print ads and band members doing interviews on the biggest shows, and your still not happy?

what's a monumental campaign to you?  axl paints the moon with a picture of his face?  some people will never be happy. 

also, we still have a little over a week until the album comes out.  that's a time for way more interviews and way more commercials.  try and relax man!!!

i'm relaxed! my point is the same as the one young gunner has made.

Here in the UK, there was at least 3 to 4 ac/dc tv ad's PER NIGHT on PRIMETIME TV, PRIMETIME TV CHANNELS. And still i see at least one advert per night for ac/dc.

In the uk (certainly the cities i have been in), i have not seen one single poster, advert, or anything in the record stores to say this album is coming, zip, nada.
I have not seen anything on TV either.
the only GnR we're getting over hjere is in the gossip columns, or a small piece in the music section of tabloid newspapers.

and if i'm being honest, the lack of promo (imo) in the uk, is reflected in sales for the uk.

dont get me wrong, i really hope they make me eat my words next week.

yeah, but on the other hand ac/dc probably didn't spend 14 million bucks on black ice, so their label was probably more willing/capable of investing in advertising.

seems like cd will live or die on the strength of the gnr brand and the mystique of axl's album.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »

yeah, but on the other hand ac/dc probably didn't spend 14 million bucks on black ice, so their label was probably more willing/capable of investing in advertising.

seems like cd will live or die on the strength of the gnr brand and the mystique of axl's album.

I think You are totally wrong... because gnr (supposedly) spent 14 million the label is/will be more willing to invest in advertising... also for how many days one can push 'monumental campaign' before it starts getting on people's nerves? 3-5 days... blitz-krieg and CD will be there... and You will go and buy it. You won't have to wait for another weeks or months. You won't loose interest because You have to wait...

v. ..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »

Anyone know who the musical guest is on Saturday Night Live for November 22?

Because I don't.

Just saying....what a way to kick-start Chinese Democracy Day on the 23rd, by playing SNL the night before.

I know, wishful thinking.

Could happen, minus Robin  crying  BUT I WOULD CRAP MY PANTS IF I STAYED UP AND IT HAPPEND !
T-Pain is the musical guest on SNL the 22nd.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »

Well I was thinking about this today and I came up with this.  Maybe Axl won't be doing any promotional apperances ? why you ask ? Im sure he doesn't wanna go around and around anwsering the NUMBER 1 QUESTION ! why it took so long, ect.  Well all know he's not the type to be in the limelight so I now realize that this is probaly why there's been no promotion from Axl or the band.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2008, 06:47:47 PM »

Speaking of campaign.  Any word if there will be a Chinese Democracy ringtone?  I would love to hear the track screaming from my phone.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

I don't about any where else in the world, but here in Canada the commercial for the album is being played heavily on a lot of channels. It seems it's being played almost every time there is a commercial break.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

Sweet I guess I need to watch more TV.
mikec
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »

gnrrock,

Go to www.phonezoo.com and you can take MP3's off your computer and upload to your phone.  Already have'em most of them on there.  It let's you pick the part you like for up to 30 seconds.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2008, 12:11:07 AM »

Thanks, I will check it out...
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »

Not being funny but Michael Jacksons History was a monumental campaign, Oasis' Be Here Now was a monumental campaign, the only advertising I would have seen for Chinese Democracy had I not gone out of my way to find it on the internet was the full page advert in The Sun last month!
I really hope by monumental campaign they meant a prolonged campaign with many singles in the future.

I have personnally talked about the album to so many of my mates that my own campaign has seen at least 20 copys pre-ordered!!

I mean hell, I know Kayne West has an album out next week and I don't even listen to the dude, the avarage man in the street has no idea that this album is coming so soon. atleast that's my point of view outside of Radio One in the UK.

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »

Not being funny but Michael Jacksons History was a monumental campaign, Oasis' Be Here Now was a monumental campaign, the only advertising I would have seen for Chinese Democracy had I not gone out of my way to find it on the internet was the full page advert in The Sun last month!
I really hope by monumental campaign they meant a prolonged campaign with many singles in the future.

I have personnally talked about the album to so many of my mates that my own campaign has seen at least 20 copys pre-ordered!!

I mean hell, I know Kayne West has an album out next week and I don't even listen to the dude, the avarage man in the street has no idea that this album is coming so soon. atleast that's my point of view outside of Radio One in the UK.

This pretty much sums it up.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

In comparison to efforts from 50 Cent, Kanye West, Britney and other mainstream acts, GN'R hasn't gotten into everyone's faces about promotion. I don't think they need to.

I think credibility/art is always Axl's main concern. He could easily sell his soul to MTV, FOX and other bullshit organizations that know shit about music... they know about music business but not music.

Since day 1, Axl has knocked bands that try to be commercial. GN'R doesn't want to be commercial... commercial comes to GN'R and GN'R can pick and choose what it wants to do.

Unlike Metallica who try to pinch a penny anyway they can... GN'R is about the music. Not the money.

So am I suprised I don't hear or see a CD ad every 20 seconds?? Nope.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: