Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144610 times)
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:40 AM »

In all fairness though, the normal thing is to promote the hell out of an album, TV ads etc, when the product is actually available for purchase. I remember the TV ads for Live Era flooding my TV set after the album hit stores, and it sure as hell sparked a popular interest in Guns N' Roses again, as far as I can remember. I don't expect anything less for an album of Chinese Democracy's magnitude. In fact I expect a lot more, so get ready to be besieged bigtime by GN'R in the coming few weeks! beer

True, remember seeing the new WTTJ clip alot on tv here!

Like peeing clouds!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »

Anything in Scandinavia yet?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

Rumor over at CD.com is that Axl is rumored to appear on the David Letterman show Nov 24.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

Rumor over at CD.com is that Axl is rumored to appear on the David Letterman show Nov 24.

Rumor + rumored = truth?  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

I haven't seen any promotion in Ireland yet. I listen to the radio all day at work and I've only heard Chinese Democracy once. I haven't seen any ads on TV or any posters, and I go into Zavvi, formerly Virgin (music shop), every day. If I wasn't a fan or online I wouldn't be very aware of Chinese Democracy :S

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

As much as I would LOVE to see that (would probably wait in line for stand-by tickets if it were true) I just can't see it happening...at least not in the 'main guest/interview' realm of possibilities. Letterman is notorious for prying into issues/mistakes/rumors with his guests and making some of them feel quite uncomfortable (for which, I love him for...but that's besides the point). I just can't see Axl sitting down with Dave and Dave saying "So, so, so...so what took you so damn long?" and Axl laughing it off like it's fairgame.

As a musical guest, perhaps...but I would figure Saturday Night Live would slightly trump Letterman as far as good exposure. That said...anyone know who's schedualed to be the musical guest on SNL on the 22nd?

EDIT: Nevermind...T-Pain is the musical guest on SNL for the 22nd. Sad

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:51:56 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »

Well, news is that there'll be a release party on London at that same day... maybe the band, including Axl, will be there, so. Letterman maybe will get his chance sooner than later.. or just later. Remember soon... ah, forget that word.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »

To me I would rather see Axl talking frankly about the making of the music but done in a documentary style where you do not hear the question.  Reports will be paid to ask the dumb gen population questions I think Axl has being there bit on the ass and is not going to do it again.  

Very similar to TR who does interviews rarely instead speaks directly to his fans through blog posts ect.  
Brendan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »

I haven't seen any promotion in Ireland yet. I listen to the radio all day at work and I've only heard Chinese Democracy once. I haven't seen any ads on TV or any posters, and I go into Zavvi, formerly Virgin (music shop), every day. If I wasn't a fan or online I wouldn't be very aware of Chinese Democracy :S

Do you know if Zavvi in Ireland are releasing it on the shelves for the 21st or the 24th? I haven't seem much promotion here either. heard it once on the radio also. But now that the single is out on iTunes this week perhaps we'll hear it more often.
cai666
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

Hi, I am from Argentina, and here in Buenos Aires is going to be a release party the 22nd of November at 00:00 hs, and Dizzy Reed is going to be present!!!

Well, news is that there'll be a release party on London at that same day... maybe the band, including Axl, will be there, so. Letterman maybe will get his chance sooner than later.. or just later. Remember soon... ah, forget that word.

"...If there's nothing I can gain from this,
or anything at all,
it'd be the knowledge that ya gave me,
when I thought I'd heard it all..."
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »

Well, news is that there'll be a release party on London at that same day... maybe the band, including Axl, will be there

There'll be a official world premiere release party in Gothenburg Nov 21. but I guess Axl won't show up.  Wink

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »

Do you know if Zavvi in Ireland are releasing it on the shelves for the 21st or the 24th? I haven't seem much promotion here either. heard it once on the radio also. But now that the single is out on iTunes this week perhaps we'll hear it more often.
I don't actually know but I'm guessing we'll see it in the shops on the 21st. I was talking to a guy in Zaffi and he said it's not on their system yet but they usually get their new stuff on the shelves as soon as they get it.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »

Well their is a guest named Mr. Brownstone, when you click it takes you to a GNR tribute band profile. Letterman doesn't book coverbands and nobodies. Usually when this is done, it a guest that may or may not show up - and they have something put up where it usually hints to who it is.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:53 AM »

Seems like everyone in the states, including the band (as a whole), is lying low. Best Buy included. The last commercial was over a week ago, the album isn't featured on the front page of bestbuy.com anymore etc. I assume there's a reason for this... but there may not be much more "intense" promotion, as strange as that may sound. The single is doing well, the preorders are doing well, album was reviewed well etc. Maybe they don't need to promote it more heavily... or they're waiting for the video to finish up. Who knows? 10 more days or so.
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2008, 08:23:15 AM »

I'm waiting for BONUS tracks
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »

Seems like everyone in the states, including the band (as a whole), is lying low. Best Buy included. The last commercial was over a week ago, the album isn't featured on the front page of bestbuy.com anymore etc. I assume there's a reason for this... but there may not be much more "intense" promotion, as strange as that may sound. The single is doing well, the preorders are doing well, album was reviewed well etc. Maybe they don't need to promote it more heavily... or they're waiting for the video to finish up. Who knows? 10 more days or so.

Walmart made their push a week before the new ACDC album came out. I am assuming there will be a big push starting this weekend. Then a mild push to advertise during the holiday season.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2008, 09:26:16 AM »

Well their is a guest named Mr. Brownstone, when you click it takes you to a GNR tribute band profile. Letterman doesn't book coverbands and nobodies. Usually when this is done, it a guest that may or may not show up - and they have something put up where it usually hints to who it is.
Where do you see that?  I only see guests listed for this week on the shows site.

Edit:  Just saw this posted by Von Solo over at www.gnrevolution.com

Looks like we jumped the gun. I did some digging.

It's Tribute Band Week on Letterman!
By Thomas Conner

They do this in Chicago on Halloween -- the tribute bands get a lot of club bookings, and we all have fun grooving to fake musicians. Next week, on Letterman's late-night talk show, the tribute bands hit the big time ...

From Monday through Nov. 21 next week, "The Late Show with David Letterman" (10:35 p.m. weeknights on CBS) will feature Tribute Bands Week. They're billing it as a means of "celebrating some of the most iconic names in music."

Here's a list of the bands scheduled, and the icons they ape:

-- Monday: Purple Reign (Prince tribute band)

-- Tuesday: The Cold Hard Cash (Johnny Cash tribute band)

-- Wednesday: Mr. Brownstone (Guns N' Roses tribute band) ... what the real band couldn't show up to promote the long-awaited, anticlimactic "Chinese Democracy"?!

-- Thursday: Super Diamond (Neil Diamond tribute band)

-- Friday: The Allstarz (James Brown tribue band)

http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/2008/11/it ? lette.html

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:34:32 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »

Where do you see that?  I only see guests listed for this week on the shows site.

From Monday through Nov. 21 next week, "The Late Show with David Letterman" (10:35 p.m. weeknights on CBS) will feature Tribute Bands Week. They're billing it as a means of "celebrating some of the most iconic names in music."

Here's a list of the bands scheduled, and the icons they ape:

-- Monday: Purple Reign (Prince tribute band)

-- Tuesday: The Cold Hard Cash (Johnny Cash tribute band)

-- Wednesday: Mr. Brownstone (Guns N' Roses tribute band) ... what the real band couldn't show up to promote the long-awaited, anticlimactic "Chinese Democracy"?!

-- Thursday: Super Diamond (Neil Diamond tribute band)

-- Friday: The Allstarz (James Brown tribue band)

That was from some Chicago paper, but you can see confirmation on the Letterman website in the 'Upcoming Music Guests' box here http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/live/

So yeah, not GnR it would seem unless it is a particularly elaborate charade.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

From CBS/Late Show...

Unfortunately, we are not able to give out information of our guest schedule that far in advance because it is always subject to change.  I can tell you that as of right now, Axl is not scheduled to appear on that date.

ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

From CBS/Late Show...

Unfortunately, we are not able to give out information of our guest schedule that far in advance because it is always subject to change.  I can tell you that as of right now, Axl is not scheduled to appear on that date.

ok

so is that on tonight then?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: