Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 143872 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #640 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »

Why can't it be the other way around TomFriend?  Why don't you BELIEVE the album was released the way Axl intended it to be unless he says otherwise.  Why do you feel this was against his will?  I'm sure you're gonna say, the lack of promotion, no word from Axl.  It's possible he's working on other things (getting the lineup in order for one) before he addresses us.  Maybe, like he said, he wants the music to do the talking and he'll speak when he's good and ready.

You're right, it could be either way. But taking into account Geffen's track record of trying to squeeze this album out of him before he's ready, and his sudden silence - while he's a man of few words these days, we have even had press releases in the past from him to say that the album wasn't coming out - it seems odd that we've not had so much as an "Enjoy the album folks, W.A.R.".

I'm not saying it couldn't be the other way around. I sincerely hope it is.

And there goes the challenger...
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #641 on: December 09, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »

Monumental my ass!

They're wasting the best album ever made in 17 years.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #642 on: December 09, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

I think certain things are happening:

1. I think Axl is just gonna enjoy the holidays seeing as once Guns N Roses start back, his life will be hectic and he won't have these carefree moments anymore

2. maybe he is waiting on Obama to become President and maybe the economy to get better before touring.  Right now is probably not the best time for a comeback tour.

3. Just further building the anticipation. Use the initial album anticipation and once that is over, kick his end in high gear to give the album another gear.
Just to harp on your second point there.  Artie Lange (of the Howard Stern Show) announced yesterday on the show that his New Year's Eve show had been cancelled because they couldn't come close to selling out.  For those not familiar with Lange, his autobiography was #1 on the recent NY Times Best Sellers List.  He has had NO problem selling out shows in the past.  He's sold out shows in a matter of days if not hours.  Certainly seems to be a sign of the horrendous economy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #643 on: December 09, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »

It pretty sad that some people turn on the band because of the failing industry, I am sure the band would of loved to sell alot more copies but in the end it dosen't really matter because we have all got a great album that we can listen too and enjoy...... there was 8 million people who listened to the album online which is mind blowing and this shows that there is a appetite for GN'R still but again some arssholes put the rest of the fans and the band down by bringing up what they deem bad record sales.... all in all it getting to the point where it fucking impossible to come onto these boards without having a arse trying to ruin the positive feeling.  Sad

Thanks Giant Robot...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »

It pretty sad that some people turn on the band because of the failing industry, I am sure the band would of loved to sell alot more copies but in the end it dosen't really matter because we have all got a great album that we can listen too and enjoy...... there was 8 million people who listened to the album online which is mind blowing and this shows that there is a appetite for GN'R still but again some arssholes put the rest of the fans and the band down by bringing up what they deem bad record sales.... all in all it getting to the point where it fucking impossible to come onto these boards without having a arse trying to ruin the positive feeling.  Sad

Who the hell has turned on the band?

if they had a monumental campaign and the album failed, no one would say anything. When something is failing BECAUSE so far, no one has tried, that is when u get some criticism.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #645 on: December 09, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

Two weeks in and you guys are in panic mode  hihi  What would you say if all eyes where on Axl and he didn't show up for a concert, or if he left halfway through a show?

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: December 10, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »

I should think that most people here are grown ups

Just fuck off and buy something from the New-Age section.

Guess not!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #647 on: December 10, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »

I don't see this turn of events as the album is failing.

It is not doing as well as it could due to several factors, one being the lack of promotion by Best Buy and Axl/the band.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #648 on: December 10, 2008, 05:34:32 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" by Guns N Roses is the official theme song for the WWE's forthcoming Armageddon Event.

Please check the links below to see "Chinese Democracy" featured in the promos.

http://interscope.edgeboss.net/wmedia/interscope/gunsnroses/video/edgehardy/hi.asx
http://interscope.edgeboss.net/wmedia/interscope/gunsnroses/video/promo/hi.asx

Armageddon will air on December 14th @ 8PM EST/5PM PST on pay per view

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #649 on: December 10, 2008, 07:50:53 AM »

Guess not!

I see you like dissing your favorite band.
You must be either young or dumb or both.
Hint: Buy the back catalogue on something other than iTunes.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
variant
Headliner

« Reply #650 on: December 10, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »

I think the biggest problem with the campaign is that there has been a lack of focus and direction. Sure, interviews, videos and PAs would have helped sales but I think the release of the singles has been haphazard to say the least. I think Chinese Democracy (the single) should have been available to buy at least 2 weeks prior to the album release. Better could have been released 2 weeks after. Chin Dem should have also had a physical release (with Shacklers as B-side) to whet everyones appetite.

At the moment it isn't very clear to radio stations what is and isn't a single. Radio 1 have said that Better is the new single (but don't play it) and Absolute Radio have playlisted Street Of Dreams...

There doesn't need to be big announcements from Axl but a couple of quick updates on the website to clarify 'what the fuck is going on' wouldn't go amiss.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #651 on: December 10, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »

Guess not!

Haha....I was thinking something similar.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #652 on: December 10, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »

maybe axl wanted the album to express itself becasuse he was worried if the directly promote it
people will focus on the delay or axls problems

now the critics have talked and the jury put the disc on trial.. and critically had most great reviews by the real pro critics
axl will promote it

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »

And what are you doing to help?

Are we supposed to help? I've bought the record for myself (and I think it's quite good) but except for that I'm not planning on going on a GNR crusade like some fanatical religious nut case.

Daring to criticize Axl/GNR here is a bit like daring to criticize islamic prophets in muslin countries. I should think that most people here are grown ups so I don't really understand the fanatical attitude some people display here.

Guess not!

I don't see the above post as dissing the band.  What I do see is your child like response to something you don't agree with.  Then your child like response to me when I pointed out your child like attitude.

Also you have no clue about me.  I bought Appetite when it came out on vinyl then I had to buy it on cassette multiple times from wearing the motherfucker out.  As soon as Lies hit the shelves I was there to scoop it up.  I was one of the fans to stand in line at midnight for the UYI release.  Spaghetti Incident, got that the day of release. 

I went to see the original line up three times (only actually got to see them once but that's a story for another time).  Seen the 02 lineup.  Flew from Illinois to NY for the first 2 nights of the 06 shows.  Seen them twice more in 06 when they came to my area.  Hell I drove through a nasty ass snowstorm for 4 hours the last time in 06 and didn't make it back home until 8 AM the next day because the band was also travelling through the dreck and couldn't make the stage until 2 AM.

I don't know how old you are or when you discovered this band but do not assume you think you know me or how much of a fan I am.  Nor should you resort to insults when you don't agree with someone, just shows you do not have anything really relevant to say except to call people names.

Disagreeing itself is not a bad thing.  I think everyone should have their own opinion and not everyones is the same.  Even if the other persons opinion is that Axl isn't doing what they think he should do or what they want him to do.  Respect that!

Actually, I'm not sure how the owner of this site lets some people get away with name calling and just general insults and not others if they do not share the general consensus here.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #654 on: December 10, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »

cd would be the number one album even if the beatles were resurrected and released a new album.  come the fuck on man... this is CHINESE DEMOCRACY, the most anticipated album of all time.  it honestly doesn't need a bit of marketing, but the truth is it's had tons!

stop being a nay-sayer.  this album will not flop beacuase the music is amazing and inspirational.  in a week, you're going to feel foolish for having these fears.

still feel that way Huh
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #655 on: December 10, 2008, 10:44:41 AM »

cd would be the number one album even if the beatles were resurrected and released a new album.  come the fuck on man... this is CHINESE DEMOCRACY, the most anticipated album of all time.  it honestly doesn't need a bit of marketing, but the truth is it's had tons!

stop being a nay-sayer.  this album will not flop beacuase the music is amazing and inspirational.  in a week, you're going to feel foolish for having these fears.

still feel that way Huh

See how much the fans over hyped this album?  I remember reading here predictions of 2 million copies in week 1.  Funny how everyone now says there was no promotion.  Everyone on the planet that wasn't under a rock knew the album was coming out.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #656 on: December 10, 2008, 11:13:34 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" by Guns N Roses is the official theme song for the WWE's forthcoming Armageddon Event.

Please check the links below to see "Chinese Democracy" featured in the promos.

http://interscope.edgeboss.net/wmedia/interscope/gunsnroses/video/edgehardy/hi.asx
http://interscope.edgeboss.net/wmedia/interscope/gunsnroses/video/promo/hi.asx

Armageddon will air on December 14th @ 8PM EST/5PM PST on pay per view

Thanks willow!!!  Those are soooo fuckin cool!!! (especially the second one)
It's an awesome feeling watching these plus hearing Better all over the ESPN Monday Night Football game!!! headbanger

(unfortunately, I missed the pre-game show where Chris Berman plugged Guns n' Roses and Chinese Democracy)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #657 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »

Are we supposed to help? I've bought the record for myself (and I think it's quite good) but except for that I'm not planning on going on a GNR crusade like some fanatical religious nut case.

Daring to criticize Axl/GNR here is a bit like daring to criticize islamic prophets in muslin countries. I should think that most people here are grown ups so I don't really understand the fanatical attitude some people display here.

Guess not!

I don't see the above post as dissing the band.  What I do see is your child like response to something you don't agree with.  Then your child like response to me when I pointed out your child like attitude.

Also you have no clue about me.  I bought Appetite when it came out on vinyl then I had to buy it on cassette multiple times from wearing the motherfucker out.  As soon as Lies hit the shelves I was there to scoop it up.  I was one of the fans to stand in line at midnight for the UYI release.  Spaghetti Incident, got that the day of release. 

I went to see the original line up three times (only actually got to see them once but that's a story for another time).  Seen the 02 lineup.  Flew from Illinois to NY for the first 2 nights of the 06 shows.  Seen them twice more in 06 when they came to my area.  Hell I drove through a nasty ass snowstorm for 4 hours the last time in 06 and didn't make it back home until 8 AM the next day because the band was also travelling through the dreck and couldn't make the stage until 2 AM.

I don't know how old you are or when you discovered this band but do not assume you think you know me or how much of a fan I am.  Nor should you resort to insults when you don't agree with someone, just shows you do not have anything really relevant to say except to call people names.

Disagreeing itself is not a bad thing.  I think everyone should have their own opinion and not everyones is the same.  Even if the other persons opinion is that Axl isn't doing what they think he should do or what they want him to do.  Respect that!

Actually, I'm not sure how the owner of this site lets some people get away with name calling and just general insults and not others if they do not share the general consensus here.

Dude - just ignore the insults.  Seriously - just read his prior posts.  He's stuck in "Get in the Ring" mode.   Roll Eyes
We get it:  "Buy something from the New Age section" - hey!  wait!  That sticker was off the UYI albums when they came out!  How witty!

I've been a fan as long as anyone, and the insults to other posters who are making intelligent arguments really baffle me.   no
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #658 on: December 10, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »

Guess not!

If you had a clue, you would have known that I was talking about the Use Your Illusion cover sticker and and saved yourself that essay you just wrote.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #659 on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »

Guess not!

Dude - just ignore the insults.  Seriously - just read his prior posts.  He's stuck in "Get in the Ring" mode.   Roll Eyes
We get it:  "Buy something from the New Age section" - hey!  wait!  That sticker was off the UYI albums when they came out!  How witty!

I've been a fan as long as anyone, and the insults to other posters who are making intelligent arguments really baffle me.   no

How did I insult anybody? It's beyond belief that you guys take that quote personally nervous
I wrote it just for fun to tell anybody who don't like the record to fuck off just like GN'R in the old days, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Haha, why do I even bother defending myself on this one, this is absurd. Cya and good luck.

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: