Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144099 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #600 on: December 09, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »

Selfishly I must admit, I just want to hear from Axl. I'd love to hear about the recording process, what he has been doing, let him set straight a lot of different things.

There's a time and place for everything.

It's been two weeks.

By looking at some of the posts, it's like the album hasn't even been released.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #601 on: December 09, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

Selfishly I must admit, I just want to hear from Axl. I'd love to hear about the recording process, what he has been doing, let him set straight a lot of different things.

It's been two weeks.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Actually the only person I can see acting like the album hasn't been released is Axl.

(Post soon to be deleted)  peace
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:49:56 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »

It's been two weeks.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

You and I don't have a history of seeing eye-to-eye, but in this case I couldn't agree with you any more!  ok People are acting as if Axl made a formal statement saying "CD is never coming and I quit music forever". Let me clue the new fans into something, "This is GNR, not Bon Jovi" there is no normality or conventionality to this band! GNR has always been "different", they will never "play the game" Axl will never be on Opra, he probably won't play SNL, and he sure as shit won't be playing the "Super Bowl". This is GNR, prepare for pain!  smoking
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:08:46 PM by GNRBABY » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »

Actually the only person I can see acting like the album hasn't been released is Axl.

Yeah, because you're the one who knows how he should act.

Because it's up to you to decide....

He put out the music some of you thought would never come out only to have some of his "fans" continue the whining.

Why not just be a man and admit that you will never be happy with anything Axl does?

You'll always find something to whine about. It's how you are.

I'm not surprised at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »

Yeah, because you're the one who knows how he should act.

Because it's up to you to decide....

He put out the music some of you thought would never come out only to have some of his "fans" continue the whining.

Why not just be a man and admit that you will never be happy with anything Axl does?

You'll always find something to whine about. It's how you are.

I'm not surprised at all.

/jarmo

Glad you know me so well, it must be a real gift to be so perceptive that you can judge someone so easily.
I do wonder why you hold such utter contempt for GNR fans, Jarmo.

I'm more than happy with what Axl's done. I just find it curious that he's not said or done a thing in relation to the album since it's release, and wonder whether he in fact endorses/approves the release as it stands as a result.

You really do have a passive-aggressive attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you, don't you?

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

I just find it curious that he's not said or done a thing in relation to the album since it's release, and wonder whether he in fact endorses/approves the release as it stands as a result.

This guy releases his album after holding onto it for 10+ years and you question weather or not he endorses it?  Shocked 

I think it's safe to assume he does!  yes

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #606 on: December 09, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »

Glad you know me so well, it must be a real gift to be so perceptive that you can judge someone so easily.

Likewise!

I don't hold any contempt for the real fans who are actually excited about having the album and being able to listen to the music.

It's just the whiny bastards I can't relate to at all.

It's not 2005 anymore!

Sorry if I didn't sugar coat that enough for you and you feel insulted.

You really do have a passive-aggressive attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you, don't you?

Well Dr Freud, I don't get the attitude that some of you have. Trying to kill others' excitement with constant whining.

Somebody posts something positive in a thread and some of you will try to divert the focus to something negative.

Somebody posts a list that GN'R made it onto, and one of you will point out "how stupid the lyrics" are in a song. I do not fucking get that mindset.

It's GN'R, your supposed favorite band. Yet, the posts remind me of people who couldn't give a fuck about GN'R.

It's a mystery to me.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »

I disagree with that part Jarmo. If we didn't care, then we wouldn't be on here concerned with how the album has been released and it's free fall down the charts.

Are we suppose to not care how the album is doing?

I think true fans care about all aspect  of the band, not just how great the music is.  if wanting GNR to be a huge band again and wanting to see Axl get the acclaim and accolades he deserves makes me a whiny, negative, non fan.

I guess I am a whiny, negative, non-fan.

I like how you can act so nonchalant about how bad this album has been handled so far.

Being honest, is not being negative. How anyone can say this album has been released and promoted right is beyond me. now, if they do start doing that, the second they do, u will see a complete 180 from the fan base and everything will be positive.

U have to ask yourself what happened? the first few days after CD's release, the GNR community was positive and excited.  fast forward 2 weeks, and it has changed.  Is that the fan's fault for wanting a little communication from someone they've supported through thick and thin regardless?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:33:54 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »

Likewise!

I don't hold any contempt for the real fans who are actually excited about having the album and being able to listen to the music.

It's not 2005 anymore!

Sorry if I didn't sugar coat that enough for you and you feel insulted.

Well Dr Freud, I don't get the attitude that some of you have. Trying to kill others' excitement with constant whining.

Somebody posts something positive in a thread and some of you will try to divert the focus to something negative.

Somebody posts a list that GN'R made it onto, and one of you will point out "how stupid the lyrics" are in a song. I do not fucking get that mindset.

It's GN'R, your supposed favorite band. Yet, the posts remind me of people who couldn't give a fuck about GN'R.

It's a mystery to me.

/jarmo

Perhaps its a mystery to you because you'd rather delete people's posts and insult them in some strange hero-worshipping mock 'Get In The Ring' style rather than read them and make an attempt to understand any opinion other than your own.

I just find it curious that he's not said or done a thing in relation to the album since it's release, and wonder whether he in fact endorses/approves the release as it stands as a result.

This guy releases his album after holding onto it for 10+ years and you question weather or not he endorses it?  Shocked 

I think it's safe to assume he does!  yes

No, it isn't. Geffen tried to force Axl's hand before with the Greatest Hits album, which was by many accounts, released as a result of C.D. not being delivered on time. The fact that we've not had a single word from Axl in the lead up to the release, or the couple of weeks since, combined with the lack of any presence of him in the promotional material (i.e. 2 year old live shots rather than a photoshoot, quotes from management rather than band members in the press release).

It's not 2005 anymore!

Who said it was? Can't someone be excited about having the album, enjoying listening to it, and still concerned about whether it has been released under the preferred terms of its creator? Is that so wrong to you? Am I a bad fan in the hallowed eyes of Jarmo?

Try to bear in mind we don't all have the privilege of any hush hush inside-track you may have.

I disagree with that part Jarmo. If we didn't care, then we wouldn't be on here concerned with how the album has been released and it's free fall down the charts.

I think true fans care about all aspect  of the band, not just how great the music is.  if wanting GNR to be a huge band again and wanting to see Axl get the acclaim and accolades he deserves makes me a whiny, negative, non fan.

I like how you can act so nonchalant about how bad this album has been handled so far.

Being honest, is not being negative. How anyone can say this album has been released and promoted right is beyond me. now, if they do start doing that, the second they do, u will see a complete 180 from the fan base and everything will be positive.

U have to ask yourself what happened? the first few days after CD's release, the GNR community was positive and excited.  fast forward 2 weeks, and it has changed.  Is that the fan's fault for wanting a little communication from someone they've supported through thick and thin regardless?

Great post, but I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. I would expect "Who are you to decide what fans should get? Why should you get what you want? Why should you decide how Axl promotes his album?" to be posted here right about now.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:35:10 PM by TomFriend » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »

Are we suppose to not care how the album is doing?

I agree with you for the most part,
and I dont think its selfish for those that have supported gnr over the past few years when we didn't know how far we were from having chinese democracy in our hands, wanting to see this cd being properly promoted, and more importantly getting its deserved time in the sun and allowing this great cd to reach the masses in a proper way, whether it be a music video/interviews whatever,

Alot of us GNR fans want this because yes we want to see our favourite band give interviews that we are interested in for ourselves,
but on the other side of the coin, we want this album to succeed after taking the length of time it has, we dont want it to just fade out, we want to see the general public at least experiencing the music in some form.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #610 on: December 09, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »

That's because I believe things are ahead that we don't know about.

Instead of getting all upset and blaming Axl for the past two weeks.

Axl does what he feels like doing. I respect that.

He made sure the music was there the way he wanted it to before releasing it and I'm sure once he feels he has something to say, he will.

People are acting like Axl hasn't said a word, the funny thing is he wished us all happy Thanksgiving not too long ago...

Perhaps its a mystery to you because you'd rather delete people's posts and insult them in some strange hero-worshipping mock 'Get In The Ring' style rather than read them and make an attempt to understand any opinion other than your own.

Yeah. I'm so evil.

You want understanding?

Sorry, I don't have time to try to understand why everything has to fucking suck year after year at a time when I'm enjoying the album.

It's very obvious that some of you will never be happy and you just try to hide that fact with your "it's my opinion" slogans.

Why not fucking admit it already so we can move on? Why not be honest and admit that some of you are the kind of persons who will always go and look for faults in the way GN'R is?

Who said it was? Can't someone be excited about having the album, enjoying listening to it, and still concerned about whether it has been released under the preferred terms of its creator? Is that so wrong to you? Am I a bad fan in the hallowed eyes of Jarmo?

Try to bear in mind we don't all have the privilege of any hush hush inside-track you may have.

Oh yes, the famous "inside track".

That's always the answer to everything....

and I dont think its selfish for those that have supported gnr over the past few years when we didn't know how far we were from having chinese democracy in our hands, wanting to see this cd being properly promoted, and more importantly getting its deserved time in the sun and allowing this great cd to reach the masses in a proper way, whether it be a music video/interviews whatever,form.

And what are you doing to help?

Are you requesting songs on the radio? Telling all your friends to buy the album?

Buying it as Christmas presents?

I hope you are.

Otherwise you're not helping, you're just complaining!

The same old shit that's been done for years.

But I understand that it's way easier to sit at a computer and complain instead of being constructive and do something.

"He should, they should" is way easier than "what can I do?".

/jarmo

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #611 on: December 09, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

For a majority of the fans, I think, the release of Chinese Democracy wasnt only about finally hearing the music. A good portion of the fans had already heard most of it in one form or another.  It was about having the band back.  Maybe seeing them on tour, hearing what they have to say, buying a new t-shirt or two, and talking about GnR with the casual public.  Yes, having the actual CD released was beyond huge, but thats not all we were waiting for.  And now with nothing going on people are understandably let down.  It isnt whining.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #612 on: December 09, 2008, 06:15:36 PM »

Isn't that pure speculation on your part? The exact same thing you deride other people for?

He made sure the music was there the way he wanted it to before releasing it and I'm sure once he feels he has something to say, he will.

How do you know it was released the way he wanted? He certainly hasn't said so publicly, and Geffen has tried to force his hand before.

People are acting like Axl hasn't said a word, the funny thing is he wished us all happy Thanksgiving not too long ago...

What on earth does that have to do with the album release, future promotion, or whether Axl approves the way the album has been released or not?

Are you serious? What, we're supposed to act as unpaid members of the GNR promotional team now?

Well, for my own part I'm proud to say I've done precisely as many public appearances, music videos, press releases and interviews for the album as the band's frontman has. Neat, eh?

Funny how you'll criticize fans for not 'helping' promotion, but when Axl visibly does nothing to promote his own album, he's beyond reproach.

Who said it was? Can't someone be excited about having the album, enjoying listening to it, and still concerned about whether it has been released under the preferred terms of its creator? Is that so wrong to you?

Oh yes, the famous "inside track".

That's always the answer to everything....

So you're avoiding answering my actual question then? And yes, it is the answer to everything when you're criticizing  and dubbing people 'bastards' for wondering about things you apparently either already know the answer to or simply don't care about.

Everything always seems to come down to "Why can't you all be perfect fans like me?" with you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:26:55 PM by TomFriend » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #613 on: December 09, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »

I think the GNR fanbase have done an amazing job. I don't know any GNR community fan that bought less than 2 copies of the album.

I have faith Axl and Co. will do something also, but will it be too late to save the album? It's like you have all this fanfare and you have all this anticipation. Once the CD comes out, I'm not sure 2 months later if everybody still has the same anticipation. Especially in today's age or wanting everything quick and now.

Like I said, I will admit to being selfish and wanting certain things. I guess we are too doom and gloom considering it has been only 2 weeks, but how about a message from Axl just saying "We plan on this and this early next year" instead of just leaving everyone guessing and wondering?

What that has done, is open himself for all sorts of extravagant rumors * u know the ones I am talking about* and it is unfair to a great album that should be front and center.

leifhv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #614 on: December 09, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »

Are we supposed to help? I've bought the record for myself (and I think it's quite good) but except for that I'm not planning on going on a GNR crusade like some fanatical religious nut case.

Daring to criticize Axl/GNR here is a bit like daring to criticize islamic prophets in muslin countries. I should think that most people here are grown ups so I don't really understand the fanatical attitude some people display here.

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #615 on: December 09, 2008, 06:24:26 PM »

Just fuck off and buy something from the New-Age section.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: December 09, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »

I bought the album.
And when its an appropriate topic of conversation, I tell people I think it's pretty good.

But I fail to see much reason why a fan should be expected to do anymore when the band hasn't done anything.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #617 on: December 09, 2008, 06:29:45 PM »

Are we supposed to help? I've bought the record for myself (and I think it's quite good) but except for that I'm not planning on going on a GNR crusade like some fanatical religious nut case.

Daring to criticize Axl/GNR here is a bit like daring to criticize islamic prophets in muslin countries. I should think that most people here are grown ups so I don't really understand the fanatical attitude some people display here.

I think by definition Fan's are fanatical...but maybe I have just grown too familiar with the English language.  This being a Fan site, you can expect all kinds of opinions.  Some may conflict with yours, some may be factually wrong...but we are all here for the same reason...we are FANS of GnR in some form or another.  peace

Edit: I must agree with your response 'Demo', it was posted while I was writing...'fans' have no obligation to push this CD, some just chose to do so as their tribute to the band they love...I have shared CD with everyone I know - some liked it, some didn't...sadly, none were aware of CD until I tild them about it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:33:59 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #618 on: December 09, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »

For a majority of the fans, I think, the release of Chinese Democracy wasnt only about finally hearing the music. A good portion of the fans had already heard most of it in one form or another.  It was about having the band back. 

If that's the honest truth, then it's basically what I've been saying all along.

Some will never be happy.

For years, all I read was "we just want an release date and the album". Having the band on tour wasn't good enough.

And now you're saying having the album out, which was supposed to be everything some of you ever wanted, isn't enough either....

So, you basically proved my point.

Isn't that pure speculation on your part? The exact same thing you deride other people for?

Sure. You can call it that if you're negative.

Lookig ahead and being positive about the future is speculation and I should shut up. Instead we should all focus on what you're doing, whining about how there's no tour within two weeks of the album's release.

That's what's important and interesting!

How do you know it was released the way he wanted? He certainly hasn't said so publicly, and Geffen has tried to force his hand before.

Well, the fact that Shackler's Revenge was in Rock Band 2, If The World in Body Of Lies and the album being out, I think Axl wanted the music out.

So you're avoiding answering my actual question then?

Everything always seems to come down to "Why can't you all be perfect fans like me?" with you.

There's nothing to answer. Your answer to everything I say is "you know stuff I don't".

No matter what I say, you won't pay attention because your fantasies are way more interesting.

I never said I was perfect. Once again, that's your own little image in your head about how I see myself.

We never met or spoke, yet you have this weird image of me in your head just because I actually support the band instead of constantly trying to put them down.

I don't understand why I should let something I created be used as a tool to put down the band by people I can't relate to.

Talking about avoiding questions, you didn't answer me regarding the suspicion I have that some of you will never be happy.  Smiley

Of course you're not.

Imagine if you would actually seem like somebody who loves the band.

How uncool and scary!

But I fail to see much reason why a fan should be expected to do anymore when the band hasn't done anything.

Of course you don't. It's easier to just complain.

Being constructive takes effort.

Horrible though.

Have any of you noticed how the focus is now on sales and the so called lack of promotion?

This is somewhat amusing since most of you always claimed to want to hear the music.

Maybe you didn't want the music, you just wanted GN'R to be promoted and talk about sales figures.

The music is secondary.   no

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:36:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #619 on: December 09, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »

Yeah, I can see that point jarmo. If they do a tour, we will start complaining about the set list, if they do different set lists we will be looking for the next album......... I guess it can be difficult to satisfy fans.

With the promotion thing, maybe we have jumped the gun, but GNR are more than a "band" for most of us. they mean a lot more to us than just some dudes that make music. I guess maybe we want it to be more successful than even GNR do and when we see something not being as successful as it should be and them doing doing absolutely nothing, it gets frustrating.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: