Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144720 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »

Any ever smoked "creeper" pot? That's what this campaign feels like. Started slowly, but it's ever so surely going to hit hard and when it does you'll be on your ass all night.

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »

I'll agree to call it monumental when it matches that of the campaign used to promote the shitty game everyone loves, Halo 3. Once I see Axl singing on a Burger King cup, then you can it monumental.

Oh good lord I hope they don't turn GNR into the Jonas Brothers.  Monumental doesn't have to equal sellout.  The day I see Axl on my BK cup is the day I despair of life completely and go join a monastery somewhere.
Jada
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »

Monumental doesn't have to equal sellout.  The day I see Axl on my BK cup is the day I despair of life completely and go join a monastery somewhere.

You're absolutely right. Sometimes 'monumental' equals plain ridiculous. I'm sure that's not the case with gnr though.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »

You would think a press release or a public appearance would be in order.  Hopefully it's all part of a larger picture that we can't see yet.  Either way I'm happy, because on the 23rd we will have CD.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »

jesus what a bunch of babies.  never happy with anything.  i think the ad campaign has been pretty fucking monumental.  they released the biggest single of the year, put commercails on tv and in the newspaper and had posters along the wall.  what more do you want?  for them to tattoo AXL WUZ HERE on obama's face? 
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »

I want Axl to hand deliver me my CD at my house, with Tracy & Roberta standing behind him singing softly.   Tongue 

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »

Most people do press to promote their music, movies, tv, books, etc.  I anticipate something big on that front soon.  Would be hard to believe 'monumental' would exclude Axl doing some form of interviews.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »

I want Axl to hand deliver me my CD at my house, with Tracy & Roberta standing behind him singing softly.   Tongue 

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCKIN' ON PRAIRIE'S DOOR...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

I think promotion will start on Monday....can't wait.
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCKIN' ON PRAIRIE'S DOOR...

hahaha, good stuff.  So does that make you Tracy or Roberta?  hihi

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »

jesus what a bunch of babies.  never happy with anything.  i think the ad campaign has been pretty fucking monumental.  they released the biggest single of the year, put commercails on tv and in the newspaper and had posters along the wall.  what more do you want?  for them to tattoo AXL WUZ HERE on obama's face? 

...biggest single of the year?

Biggest Guns N' Roses single of the year maybe. Biggest single of the year featuring Buckethead. I don't know which "biggest single" category you're referring to.

Bunch of babies?

All I said was that it hasn't been a "monumental" campaign. The promo activities you just accurately listed are not "monumental". They are part for the course for any average record release. That was my point. Sheesh.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »

how many albums have you seen advertised during nfl games?  last time i remember was the eagles reunion.  that was pretty monumental if you ask me. 

biggest single of the year?  there's incredible buzz.  it's getting played all over the world, sometimes ever hour.  and it's only been out for a short while.  so yeah, don't worry.  it's going to be the single of the year.

some fans will never be happy.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2008, 02:21:55 AM »

I'll agree to call it monumental when it matches that of the campaign used to promote the shitty game everyone loves, Halo 3. Once I see Axl singing on a Burger King cup, then you can it monumental.

Oh good lord I hope they don't turn GNR into the Jonas Brothers.  Monumental doesn't have to equal sellout.  The day I see Axl on my BK cup is the day I despair of life completely and go join a monastery somewhere.

you said it!, we dont want Axl to sell out, he is a rockstar , we dont need happy meals with toys of GNR, i know this wont happen but i will be happy if he just ignores MTV and makes a more independent(i dont mean the crappy indie-music) aproach with the cd.  but he and MTV have a pretty good relationship and it would be a bad move to ignore them.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:31 AM »

how many albums have you seen advertised during nfl games?  last time i remember was the eagles reunion.  that was pretty monumental if you ask me. 

biggest single of the year?  there's incredible buzz.  it's getting played all over the world, sometimes ever hour.  and it's only been out for a short while.  so yeah, don't worry.  it's going to be the single of the year.

some fans will never be happy.

I'm plenty happy, thrilled actually. Go take a Xanax or something.

I've seen plenty of albums advertised during NFL games. Christina Aguilera just the other week actually.

It is not, was not, nor will it be the single of the year. Despite what you and I think that it's the 'best single' to be released this year.

Since you don't seem to understand the difference, these are observations, not complaints. Again, your "some people will never be happy" thing is just ridiculous. Get over yourself. Thanks.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:08 AM »

In all fairness though, the normal thing is to promote the hell out of an album, TV ads etc, when the product is actually available for purchase. I remember the TV ads for Live Era flooding my TV set after the album hit stores, and it sure as hell sparked a popular interest in Guns N' Roses again, as far as I can remember. I don't expect anything less for an album of Chinese Democracy's magnitude. In fact I expect a lot more, so get ready to be besieged bigtime by GN'R in the coming few weeks! beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:08 AM »

Topic Summary
Posted on: Today at 01:26:08 AMPosted by: The Shackler 
Insert Quote
In all fairness though, the normal thing is to promote the hell out of an album, TV ads etc, when the product is actually available for purchase. I remember the TV ads for Live Era flooding my TV set after the album hit stores, and it sure as hell sparked a popular interest in Guns N' Roses again, as far as I can remember. I don't expect anything less for an album of Chinese Democracy's magnitude. In fact I expect a lot more, so get ready to be besieged bigtime by GN'R in the coming few weeks! 

right on!!! ok

scraped
overmatik
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2008, 11:06:08 AM »

What most people including me aren't getting is that they said 'Monumental', and it has been just a regular promotion, nothing special. That's it. Nobody's complaining... ok
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »

"Monumental" probably leans more towards promotion throughout the first year of the release of CD.

Into the new year, then while promoting the tour in '09.......

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
georgie_beans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2008, 05:24:52 AM »

Im not sure if there have been others, but there was a Chinese Democracy ad aired here in the UK last night during the new episode of Two and a Half Men on Paramount. It was the first time I have seen one on UK TV (although I dont watch it much). The beginning of Shacklers Revenge was playing in the background.

Maybe this is not "monumental" in the usual sense of the word, but it was certainly a monumental moment for me to see an advert for the album I have been looking forward to so much!  beer
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »

Nothing on Australian tv whatsoever in regards to the album,
and its been released here next friday...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: