Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144705 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2008, 12:02:08 AM »

maybe they're just waiting for all the hype of "the most anticipated album" to die down before they bring out the big-guns promotion blitz.  this way the initial release days are for all of us who have been so looking forward to this (the release) day then when all the commercials, interviews, etc. goes into overdrive, it'll take us to that next level of euphoria while attracting new fans at the same time.  yes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 12:48:27 AM »

I hope you're right.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2008, 12:53:01 AM »

Somebody said it has nothing to do w/ more albumns.  I think it might.  The last two times i saw GnR, Axl mentioned that he had enough material for 3 albums/he was working on 3 albumns. 

The next time he tours, listen for him to mention it.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2008, 01:00:32 AM »

Somebody said it has nothing to do w/ more albumns.  I think it might.  The last two times i saw GnR, Axl mentioned that he had enough material for 3 albums/he was working on 3 albumns. 

The next time he tours, listen for him to mention it.

On the 3 albums thing... I was just listening to the Eddie Trunk interview from a few years ago, and Axl talks about how the band was working on a song from the third album while they were rehearsing for the Hammerstein shows.  The albums definitely exist, but I wouldn't expect to hear them anytime soon!
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2008, 01:02:38 AM »

I am assuming that the albums are done by now.  Maybe not fully mixed and mastered. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2008, 01:05:12 AM »

I am assuming that the albums are done by now.  Maybe not fully mixed and mastered. 

He probably has 3 more albums worth of material to drop on us in the next 3 years.  The vids will come with a whole new world stadium tour soon.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:25 AM »

I remember Axl mentioning other albums of material a couple of times (I think). Plus Baz said this:

In a 2007 interview, Axl Rose's close friend Sebastian Bach stated that Chinese Democracy will be the first installment in a trilogy of new albums. Bach also remarked that Rose had told him the third, as yet untitled, album has been slated for 2012.[2]

Who knows though. I've waited so long for Chinese Democracy that I'm going to be on the CD high for a few years now so whatever comes next is just a huge bonus! Imagine, the first Guns N' Roses album of new material since 1991! The significance of this moment can't be overstated! drool smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
sukeberon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2008, 05:19:19 AM »

The campaign seems to be picking up here in Australia. I just saw the end of a 15 seconder during prime time (8:45pm) here in Melbourne on Channel 10. The ad seemed to be similar to the short commercial on Myspace without the BestBuy references.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2008, 05:46:02 AM »

Hey was that during NCIS??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2008, 05:50:45 AM »

when can we expect the monumental campaign,

will they wait until the sales die down a bit, to kick it off again,

or ride the wave of the huge sales ?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2008, 05:54:38 AM »

I havent heard 1 new guns song on the radio in Australia ..I saw 1 album review but i havent seen 1 ad yet..
They need a video clip showing the new awesome band.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:02 AM »

Best Buy has by no means redefined how to do this stuff--Walmart did that with AC/DC. But they are giving a good push and that's more than a lot of music gets. A lot of their work was already done years ago. This album had so much hype by 2001. I wouldn't expect too much more out of Best Buy. If the music videos surface that will maybe tie in somehow.
sukeberon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2008, 06:47:21 AM »

Hey was that during NCIS??

Yeah, it was. I was in another room when I heard Axl's Chinese Democracy scream. I rushed in and nearly took out my 2 year old daughter, who was standing in the door way staring at the TV. She must have been wondering why that scream, which she's heard a million times over the last few days, was coming from the TV and not daddy's stereo.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2008, 07:01:34 AM »

Very strange campaign if you ask me....
It seems they are letting the fans do the marketing   Wink (online reactions on reviews etc...)

On TV  I don't see any advertisement or interview or anything else to promote the new album. Only on some radio stations they play the CD single (very rarely...)

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »

Patience...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »

Maybe they are waiting out the 1st week with the big promotion until the album is eligible to be counted on the billboard charts.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »

so I went into HMV yesterday morning to buy the album. And there it was, at number 1 on the album charts, but there was no posters or displays in the window or anything in the store. Where's all the instore point of sale stuff?! This was on the day or release! I was at the very least expecting a massive poster of the album cover in the HMV windows.

The advertising and general promo campaign in the UK for CD has been practically non-existant!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »

CD is losing momentum fast. I do not know anyone whi has bought the CD. I have told all my friends who are casual GNR fans about it, but no one is rushing out to buy it. The local radio station never plays the song. The other day I spent hours waiting to listen to CD and when they finally played GNR they played Don't Cry this was one day before the release. Then the DJ did not even say anything about GNR or CD when the song was done.

There are no interviews by the band members or Axl, no videos, no live performances, no tour announcement, we do not even know who is in the band at this very moment. CD will sell decently because even Live Era sold well with no promotion just on the GNR name alone, but this is a waste of the most anticipated album of all time to just sit there and do nothing.

CD will fade fast off the charts with no promotion and become just another irrelevant album. And yes Axl needs to get out there and be the face of this band, this is his baby and he needs to prove to the world that this version of GNR is a bad ass band better than anything out there right now. So go out on Kimmel, Letterman, Leno, 60 min., MTV, VH1, Fuse, 20/20 with Barbra Walters, Howard Stern, Bill Oreilly, Matt Laurer, whoever and promote the shit out of this album. The world has been waiting 17 years for this and this is historical!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »

I couldn't agree more. There is very little promotion here in the UK for it. I have loads of friends who were unaware it was coming out! It seems very bizaare that there has been so little.

I would suggest perhaps it has something to do with behine the scences arguments? That's speculation of course.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »

Only Axl would release the most anticipated album in history and still stay in hiding . . .

I like to think that right now he's letting the music speak for itself. I'm disappointed by the lack of promotion, but the album is going to sell like crazy the first couple weeks just based on the GNR name and the myth of Chinese Democracy. Eventually we'll have to see some music videos, though; GNR will probably play on a few award shows/late night shows. I expect Axl to do an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone at some point . . .

But you never know with Axl Rose. He's always been unpredictable.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: