Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144354 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »

axl doesn't have to do interviews.  he's a bigger star than kanye and the killers and ac/dc put together.  this album is easily the most anticipated music to be produced.  probably ever.  that's your promotion.  axl doesn't have to PROSTITUTE himself for fortune and fame by giving interviews with asshole journalists.  fame and money come to him, not the other way around.

Yea motherfucker. You fucking get it. Axl is such a badass crazy motherfucker, and just reinforced his pimp status producing this masterpiece. 

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

I'm just so shocked that Axl isn't involved in any promotional activities, happenings, interviews, nor anything.
And the rest of the band isn't doing much either, I mean if I had been involved in such a monster project, I would have been dripping blood, sweat and tears to make it the biggest launch in history.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »

I'm just so shocked that Axl isn't involved in any promotional activities, happenings, interviews, nor anything.
And the rest of the band isn't doing much either, I mean if I had been involved in such a monster project, I would have been dripping blood, sweat and tears to make it the biggest launch in history.

Problem is, the rest of the band is not very well known by the general public. Major outlets are only going to be interested in talking to Axl... And if he's not keen to do that stuff for whatever reason, then there's not much the label can do...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »

Maybe it is a soft opening intentionally?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »

Bumblefoot is all over the place, but he keeps giving non-answers, or hedging in favor of letting 'the band' make any and all statements...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »

Bumblefoot is all over the place, but he keeps giving non-answers, or hedging in favor of letting 'the band' make any and all statements...
Yeah, Bumblefoot is the only one really doing something - and the funny thing is that he is the newest member (... or is Frank a member).

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »

Problem is, the rest of the band is not very well known by the general public. Major outlets are only going to be interested in talking to Axl... And if he's not keen to do that stuff for whatever reason, then there's not much the label can do...

True, but I'm sure that a lot af radio stations and magazines would be interested to talk to the band, now that CD is out (who isn't interested in knowing how it was working with Axl all those years and all the shit the band has gone through) - and then there are in-store signings and stuff fans would love...

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »

True, but I'm sure that a lot of radio stations and magazines would be interested to talk to the band, now that CD is out (who isn't interested in knowing how it was working with Axl all those years and all the shit the band has gone through) - and then there are in-store signings and stuff fans would love...

Basically, the whole thing seems pretty half-assed/odd so far, both from Best-Buy and the band. Now strike me down if there is a master plan that we're not yet privy too that drives the hype through the roof... But so far it's been a pretty weak effort IMO.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »

Yeah, Bumblefoot is the only one really doing something - and the funny thing is that he is the newest member (... or is Frank a member).
Final ChiDem 'Talking Metal' (I am pretty sure - but it may have been another interview) either BBF, or one of the hosts said Frank had not even heard the completed CD yet!  We need Axl!

audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »

Let's just thank god (read: Axl) that that CD is as great as it is  ok

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »

you really have to wonder about whats going on behind the scenes......this album comes out after so many years and so many supposed legal entanglements, presumably with the label, then Axl gets these high powered agents come in and boom, the album comes out within months. The only word on the album's release is from said agents and a best buy exec. No word from Him or any insightful words from any of the band mates. The lead guitarist quits after 10-12 years, a month before the album comes out; does that sound rational? there's all this weird promotion type stuff (grey cup, WWE) but no band or artist promo of any sort whatsoever.

only thing i can come around to is wondering if Axl even wanted this album to come out when it has. How can he possibly be doing nothing at the time when he should be having his proudest moment as an artist?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »

Remember we are on Axl time...just because the flyer/ticket stub/promoter says they will take the stage at 9pm, doesn't mean they won't go on until 3am - likewise 11/23 may have been just another mark on the calendar for him, and he is planning on getting around to some interviews or such, soon...there is only one constant, when they do take the stage, or when Axl speaks, etc - it will all be worth the wait.  ok

Besides, Bumblefoot can only stall so much longer!  rofl

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »

axl doesn't have to do interviews.  he's a bigger star than kanye and the killers and ac/dc put together.  this album is easily the most anticipated music to be produced.  probably ever.  that's your promotion.  axl doesn't have to PROSTITUTE himself for fortune and fame by giving interviews with asshole journalists.  fame and money come to him, not the other way around.

Yea motherfucker. You fucking get it. Axl is such a badass crazy motherfucker, and just reinforced his pimp status producing this masterpiece. 

Buddha, dude...... I fucking love you.  Keep on keeping on!  You should have come to Chief's pad on Saturday!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2008, 10:17:31 PM »

True, but I'm sure that a lot of radio stations and magazines would be interested to talk to the band, now that CD is out (who isn't interested in knowing how it was working with Axl all those years and all the shit the band has gone through) - and then there are in-store signings and stuff fans would love...

Basically, the whole thing seems pretty half-assed/odd so far, both from Best-Buy and the band. Now strike me down if there is a master plan that we're not yet privy too that drives the hype through the roof... But so far it's been a pretty weak effort IMO.

I don't know what you people are talking about or expecting?Huh

The songs are all over the radio.   Log onto myspace, you can't miss the banners everywhere.   Seriously, you cannot walk into Best Buy without Chinese Democracy hitting you right across the face.   This is how its done these days.   

Fuck, lets just be glad us fans have finally gotten this incredible album.    Let the marketing experts do their job.   
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »

The songs are all over the radio.   Log onto myspace, you can't miss the banners everywhere.   Seriously, you cannot walk into Best Buy without Chinese Democracy hitting you right across the face.   This is how its done these days.   

Fuck, lets just be glad us fans have finally gotten this incredible album.    Let the marketing experts do their job.   

And word of mouth.  Wink

Word of mouth is key, so go play CD for all of your musically challenged friends!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2008, 10:21:18 PM »

Buy the album on vinyl, compact disc and as a digital download and Axl will personally come to your house and cook you breakfast in bed while singing 'This I love' to you?!

Frying eggs starts now!!

TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »

The new Rolling Stone is out on Friday in the U.S. Hopefully a G N' R or Axl article/interview will be included.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2008, 10:32:01 PM »

Buy the album on vinyl, compact disc and as a digital download and Axl will personally come to your house and cook you breakfast in bed while singing 'This I love' to you?!

Frying eggs starts now!!
I want Bumblefoot to deliver my Chinese Take-out!  hihi

I am surprised we have not seen Axl, and dissapointed in the half-assed effort on (certain local) BestBuys part...but I can't complain right now, too busy listenng to CD and watching for new online store to 'open'.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »

Best Buy had done a very uneven job with the promotion. From my experience, the end cap display was buried in the music section and no signage was evident anywhere.

Most bands perform or make appearances in advance or immediately following a release. I understand that may not be possible now, but at least a telling interview with someone Axl trusts would do wonders getting his story out there. He really hasn't done that in quite a few years.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2008, 11:59:07 PM »

We are launching with a monumental campaign but with no promotion and Axl going into hiding. Great job guys.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: