Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:07:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're launching with a monumental campaign"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're launching with a monumental campaign"  (Read 144325 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »

cd would be the number one album even if the beatles were resurrected and released a new album.

You my friend are completely insane.
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »

GnR are everywhere. Streaming the entire CD on MYSPACE is brilliant. Stations are playing it in it's entirety this weekend. Listening parties all over the world. Releasing 2 singles in less then a month. I think they are doing a phenomenal job marketing this monster. On reviewer nailed it. Saying this is the last of it's kind album. One you have to purchase in CD form and not digital download. You've got to hold it in your hands.  I was skeptical about it being #1 but I'll be shocked if it doesn't sell 800,000 copies the 1st week.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2008, 11:46:22 AM »

GnR are everywhere. Streaming the entire CD on MYSPACE is brilliant. Stations are playing it in it's entirety this weekend. Listening parties all over the world. Releasing 2 singles in less then a month. I think they are doing a phenomenal job marketing this monster. On reviewer nailed it. Saying this is the last of it's kind album. One you have to purchase in CD form and not digital download. You've got to hold it in your hands.  I was skeptical about it being #1 but I'll be shocked if it doesn't sell 800,000 copies the 1st week.
I agree, people are still complainig about no videos being out.  I think it's possible that they're holding that back for now.  This thing is gonna sell on the curiosity factor alone, added with all the promotion they've already done.  Maybe after week one or a couple weeks the interest may die down a little, so THEN release a video.  Something to that effect, could be in the cards.  Why blow your load on everything right away?  Save some things for down the road.  This thing needs staying power on the charts.  If it debuts well then falls quickly, that wouldn't be good obviously.  Holding back on a few things may help prevent that from happening.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »

cd would be the number one album even if the beatles were resurrected and released a new album.

You my friend are completely insane.
Yeah, screw the beatles...if JC himself walked into the Vatican with a new version of the bible, it would sell less copies.   rofl

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
jar of dirt
Opening Act

this is not a tangerine bicycle

« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »

Speaking of campaign.  Any word if there will be a Chinese Democracy ringtone?  I would love to hear the track screaming from my phone.

verizon now has a chinese democracy ringtone. i just bought it yesterday morning. not sure about any other providers yet though.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2008, 02:41:23 AM »

Speaking of campaign.  Any word if there will be a Chinese Democracy ringtone?  I would love to hear the track screaming from my phone.

verizon now has a chinese democracy ringtone. i just bought it yesterday morning. not sure about any other providers yet though.

people still buy ringtones?  i use NERO to convert to mp3 from the CD and then send to my phone. Ive got the whole record on my phone now!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2008, 02:58:53 AM »

It would really suck if some phony like Kanye West beats out Chinese in sales. He's out there beating up paparazzi now to get back in the headlines and tabloids.

Well be prepared, because it's probably going to happen.

I don't want this to be the case, but it might not even be close.

On pre-orders ALONE...it looks like it will at least be "close".  It might even be a landslide...for GnR.  We'll see.....

The last time Kanye West released an album, he sold just shy of 1,000,000 copies in the first week alone. And that was with 50 Cent going against him the same day.

I'm not knocking Axl or GNR, I'm just saying don't be shocked if they get beat.

This new Kanye album doesn't seem to have nearly the hype as the last two though.  Plus CD has 2 extra days being out on Sunday.

It is now beating CD on iTunes.

My understanding is the itunes charting is not a normal charting process so it can be ignored. 
jar of dirt
Opening Act

this is not a tangerine bicycle

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2008, 03:00:19 AM »

people still buy ringtones?  i use NERO to convert to mp3 from the CD and then send to my phone. Ive got the whole record on my phone now!

i actually tried doing that with different software once and since they came out bad, i just gave up. not real good at that kind of stuff.
is nero fairly user friendly? maybe i should try that.
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

Try getting Audacity from download.com. You can cut any part of any song to make a ringtone. You need to download lamedll to get it working I think thou?

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »

yeah i got the whole album on my phone too an let me jus say

SCRAPED MAKES A FUCKIN ROCKIN RINGTONE  yes

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »

I have scraped as my ringtone too  ok as soon as i got the cd on thursday i put it on itunes (making it mp3's) onto my ipod and then my blackberry.

This i love is my morning alarm Cheesy

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
masterrecorder
Opening Act

That's called the blues...

« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »

Hey guys,

the management told us about a "monumental campaign". Well, there is no video, no concerts, no interviews, just a few posters in some cities, some release parties and some TV commercials.

The booklet contains some mistakes and just some solo-photographs of the members who were playing for GN'R in 2006 and 2007.

Is this really the way, Axl wanted to promote his new album?

Could it be that the record company made pressure on the band? Even Chris Pitman said something of a surprisingly release.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2008, 10:14:32 AM »

I have to agree, the promotion was a little bit of a letdown.  I'm glad the CD is out, but this was far from a monumental campaign.
john b!
Opening Act

Please live and let die!

« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »

people with verizon are FORCED to buy ringtones...  rant

"If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane..."
wadey
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »

people with verizon are FORCED to buy ringtones...  rant

verizon isnt something im familiar with. im in UK and its the easiest thing in the world to personalise your mobile with mp3 files etc

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »

Hey guys,

the management told us about a "monumental campaign". Well, there is no video, no concerts, no interviews, just a few posters in some cities, some release parties and some TV commercials.

The booklet contains some mistakes and just some solo-photographs of the members who were playing for GN'R in 2006 and 2007.

Could it be that the record company made pressure on the band? Even Chris Pitman said something of a surprisingly release.

Well when the main force behind the band has not done any interviews or released a statement or video on the web it is hard for a company to back an item.  I think the GnR managment team has done a great job considering Axl has stayed media silent. 
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »

Hey guys,

Well when the main force behind the band has not done any interviews or released a statement or video on the web it is hard for a company to back an item.  I think the GnR managment team has done a great job considering Axl has stayed media silent. 

As i have said before, the promo in some countries has been.....ok is what i'll call it.

Here in the uk, it's been nothing short of disgracefull, and i fully mean that. I have not seen any posters in any city or any record store, be it HMV, Zavvi, super-market chain, or otherwise.

I saw one advert last night while watchin bad boys 2. During the movie i saw two adverts for the killers and three for Kanye West. I still see regular adverts for the new ac/dc release. With GnR, i see nothing, diddly squat in the uk ,that suggests the promotional campaign could be called monumental.

btw no video, no interviews = limited success.

and as far as itunes in the uk goes, the killers were number 1, gnr number 2.

i wish it wasn't like this here, i just want to see GnR get the same sort of push that other artists are getting.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »

axl doesn't have to do interviews.  he's a bigger star than kanye and the killers and ac/dc put together.  this album is easily the most anticipated music to be produced.  probably ever.  that's your promotion.  axl doesn't have to PROSTITUTE himself for fortune and fame by giving interviews with asshole journalists.  fame and money come to him, not the other way around.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2008, 05:41:28 PM »

Hey guys,

As i have said before, the promo in some countries has been.....ok is what i'll call it.

Here in the uk, it's been nothing short of disgracefull, and i fully mean that. I have not seen any posters in any city or any record store, be it HMV, Zavvi, super-market chain, or otherwise.

I saw one advert last night while watchin bad boys 2. During the movie i saw two adverts for the killers and three for Kanye West. I still see regular adverts for the new ac/dc release. With GnR, i see nothing, diddly squat in the uk ,that suggests the promotional campaign could be called monumental.

btw no video, no interviews = limited success.

and as far as itunes in the uk goes, the killers were number 1, gnr number 2.

i wish it wasn't like this here, i just want to see GnR get the same sort of push that other artists are getting.

I've seen those TV spots a few times actually... But otherwise I agree. Zavvi actually had a big rack of GnR stuff near the front of the store including all the old discs, LPs, shirts, books and of course a boatload of Chi-Dem discs, and they were playing the album in store.

HMV just had the album on the new releases shelf, the 'christmas gifts' rack and the mainstream and metal sections. Lots and lots of copies, but no special GnR display that I saw. Did play a couple of Chi Dem tunes in the 20 minutes I was in there.

But yeah, given the backstory to the album, they could have got a lot of mileage out of a little bit more promotion.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Can't say Ive seen anything monumental with promotion from where I'm sitting.

I think the music speaks for itself, it is THAT good. But I'm sure the average person may not share my enthusiasm.

Maybe we'll hear something about tour dates hopefully soon?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: