Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hetfield gives Axl props
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hetfield gives Axl props  (Read 9088 times)
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:36 AM »

James is a little bitter because of some little incident back in the days... Roll Eyes
and i think he is right with this.

Besides that : I'd wish to see Guns N' Metallica 2.0

That would rule

Haha I certainly prefer Axl to Hetfield but are you serious? Some little incident? If your face went up in flames, you might be kind of bitter towards someone who did nothing to help the situation.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2008, 01:27:46 AM »

James is a little bitter because of some little incident back in the days... Roll Eyes

That would rule

Haha I certainly prefer Axl to Hetfield but are you serious? Some little incident? If your face went up in flames, you might be kind of bitter towards someone who did nothing to help the situation.

I think there was more to that than just that one evening. I think James was always a little pissed that Axl and GN'R got so much attention and that his drummer practically had a man-crush on Axl since '87. Metallica's a great band- but I've always thought that a lot of what they have done since '92 has been an attempt to achieve the Use Your Illusion level of fame and influence of GN'R. More commercially accessible music. Check. "Double" (of sorts) album. Check. Attempts at artistic "deep" music videos. Check. Music with orchestra. Check. Controversy with fans (Napster). Check. Line-up changes. Check. Intra-band strife for all to see (Some Kind of Monster). Check. HAHAHA... I don't know. Maybe I'm reachin' there. Just a theory I've had. hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 01:30:47 AM »

That's high praise from Hetfield. I think it gives you a sense how good this album is when rivals inclined to really want to bash the thing... decide they better not (for fear of looking stupid).

Well said, and I think that is the case here.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 07:41:45 AM »

It's pretty funny how the media can turn things around to start shit between people. Look at this  http://www.gigwise.com/news/47619/Metallica-Mock-Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »

That would rule

I think there was more to that than just that one evening. I think James was always a little pissed that Axl and GN'R got so much attention and that his drummer practically had a man-crush on Axl since '87. Metallica's a great band- but I've always thought that a lot of what they have done since '92 has been an attempt to achieve the Use Your Illusion level of fame and influence of GN'R. More commercially accessible music. Check. "Double" (of sorts) album. Check. Attempts at artistic "deep" music videos. Check. Music with orchestra. Check. Controversy with fans (Napster). Check. Line-up changes. Check. Intra-band strife for all to see (Some Kind of Monster). Check. HAHAHA... I don't know. Maybe I'm reachin' there. Just a theory I've had. hihi

You gotta be kidding me right?
Metallica have no need to copy GN'R at all, they are highly successful in their own right, and comparisons you are making is simply clutching at straws.
As for lineup changes, there are 3 core members (James, Lars, Kirk) that have been there from the start, other than that, they've had 3 bass players in 25 years, one of which died.

I think it's great that James makes some nice sentiments about Axl here, but people still fucking turn it around into something negative.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »

[/quote]

I think it's great that James makes some nice sentiments about Axl here, but people still fucking turn it around into something negative.
[/quote]

Tell me about it. Have you seen the morons over at the Metallica message board? They all want Hetfield and Metallica to hate GN'R. I love Metallica and I've been a fan for yeard but these Hard core insane Metallica motherfuckers are fuckin angry people.

See for yourself. http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=95803

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD