Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Watchmen ( the movie)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watchmen ( the movie)  (Read 3062 times)
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« on: October 23, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »

So if you don't know what it is then it's a graphic novel(one of the best) and you can read about it herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen if you want! But if you haven't read it I suggest you get a copy and read it instead.

But about the movie, I suspect that everyone has already seen the (teaser)trailer but if you haven't then it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Anyway it looks awesome, but the rumors about the changed ending to create a chance at a sequel really bother me.
The ending should stay like it was, there's no need for the sequel anyway. Damn Hollywood!  Angry

This   is   Democracy!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:42:19 AM »

I know nothing about Watchmen...but that was a KILLER trailer I saw this past summer in the theater
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »

Yeah the Pumpkins song fits so well it's scary. And it was originally on the "Batman and Robin" soundtrack  Roll Eyes

This   is   Democracy!!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »

Anyway it looks awesome, but the rumors about the changed ending to create a chance at a sequel really bother me.
The ending should stay like it was, there's no need for the sequel anyway. Damn Hollywood!  Angry

I haven't heard about a changed ending and/or a sequel.  are you kidding me?  what a fucking joke.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 01:09:55 AM »

I haven't heard about a changed ending and/or a sequel.  are you kidding me?  what a fucking joke.
No I ain't kidding something about making Dr Manhattan the "common enemy". Although these are rumors and well they may be true and may be not. Also I have heard something about multiple endings. Let's hope for the best though  peace

This   is   Democracy!!!
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »

I'm really stoked for this movie.  Kind of pissed they changed the ending if it ends up happening.  Still probably going to be one of the best movies of 2009 for me, because it looks so similar to the book from the trailer we've seen. 

If there is a sequel i'll be pissed.  This should be a standalone movie.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

Spoilers !!

No I ain't kidding something about making Dr Manhattan the "common enemy". Although these are rumors and well they may be true and may be not. Also I have heard something about multiple endings. Let's hope for the best though  peace

Yes... And that something is something that Dr. Manhattan goes along with. It isn't really about him being the common enemy, it's about people thinking that he is. That was Veidt's plan anyway. Squid or no Squid. They've just replaced the Squid with Dr. Manhattan.

... That's what I've taken from it, anyway.

If anything, I'm actually more concerned, from what I've read, that they're not leaving the ending open... I've heard that Rorshach's diary doesn't end up with the New Frontiersman... Which is absurd !! It's one the best cliffhangers (never meant to be answered...) in literature or film !!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »

hollyood's all about making franchises out of comic books.. that's where the money is

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

... Yes. But those 'comic books' have a ton of source material for the movies to work their way through. They are franchisable... Watchmen isn't !!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

'Watchmen' Secrets Revealed
by Matt McDaniel | October 3, 2008

It's one of the most widely read and critically acclaimed graphic novels in history. And now after two decades of wrangling, Watchmen is coming to the big screen from director Zack Snyder, who adapted Frank Miller's bloody 300 into a box-office smash. But for fans of the book who have read the dark and complex book over and over -- and I include myself in that category -- the job of condensing the sprawling epic into a two-hour movie seemed to be impossible.

I was invited on Wednesday to a screening of over twenty minutes of footage from "Watchmen," and I have to say that it looks like Snyder has done the impossible. The scenes had some unfinished visual effects and temporary music, but already I was able to get a sense of the energy and uncompromising dedication to the original text that Snyder is bringing to the film.

We were first shown the opening twelve minutes of the movie, which begins with the attack on the Comedian (Jeffery Dean Morgan). In the comics, this scene is only ever presented in flashbacks, but here it is a brutal fistfight that leads up to a breathtaking shot following the Comedian as he's tossed out the window of his high-rise. The action here is reminiscent of the slow-to-fast motion of the fight scenes in "300," but the setting feels more tangible, since it was shot on sets and not entirely in front of green screens.

This leads into the opening credits sequence that retells the history of the book's alternate universe from the '30s through the '70s, set to Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'." Avid fans will spot countless references to images and events from the book, but newcomers will quickly get a sense of the world where superheroes not only exist but directly impact major historical events.

We saw two more scenes from later in the film. First they showed the origin of Dr. Manhattan (Billy Crudup), a physicist transformed in an accident into a blue-skinned superman who manipulates matter with a wave of his hand. Then we saw the prison break scene where costumed heroes Nite Owl (Patrick Wilson) and Silk Spectre (Malin Ackerman) bust out their comrade Rorschach (Jackie Earle Haley). It's obvious from the footage we saw that the filmmakers are delivering an R-rated, adult movie that is not going to soften the novel's violent, sexual, or political content.

I asked Snyder after the screening what reactions he has received from people who haven't read the book. He said he has shown the film to people who don't know the novel and they have been able to follow the story and get a feel for the movie's twisted reality. He also said that for the first time as a filmmaker he wishes he could forget his whole history with the project and watch the movie with fresh eyes.

Snyder said that currently the film's running time is at two hours and forty-five minutes, but a later DVD edition will expand it with the addition of an animated story-within-the-story. We'll have to wait until March 6th to see the full film, but you can get a sense of its dark tone and stunning visuals in the trailer below.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 10:38:46 PM »

Can't wait for this!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »

cant wait for it.i love the comic,its dark...a friend introduced it to me and i just hope the film does it justice.i have a sneaky suspicion i wont though.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

can't wait to see this, never read the comics but the movie seems awesome.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: