Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...  (Read 13627 times)
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

Well, the response to the radio airplay in the UK seems overwhelmingly negative, but I suppose he had to expect that - and CD is arguably the weakest song on the album out of the tracks we've heard in terms of radio. I'm sure there's a part of him that wonders if it wouldn't just be best to leave it all in the vaults and keep the myth growing. The same part that's been doing just that for the last six years! There's also obviously going to be scathing reviews around the corner from those critics who have been waiting for ages to tear into Axl and the album, but that's also to be expected. Once CD is out and fans lap it up, and a new generation of fans latches onto the hype, it will feel a lot better for all the band.

An early backlash is probably the best thing to happen as it should allow objective reviewers to look at the album from a more reasonable perspective.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:43:57 PM by TWT » Logged
Olorin
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »

Really? Thats odd, from what I heard listening to the radio the song had a good reception. Not universally liked by folk texting in, but the people who thought it was great and the people who thought it was just ok, overwhelmingly outnumbered people saying they didnt like it.

Its a good song, but its the tip of the iceberg - once the album drops the inital naysayers will be left gawping.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »

Yeah, I got the feeling that it was getting a mixed reaction, but more positive than negative.  One thing I did note was that it was provoking strong feelings in people but, as I said in another thread, I think that's a good sign because I don't believe that Guns have ever aspired to produce bland, wash-over-you kinda music.  When I do hear a DJ spouting crap, I'm sure to text or e-mail them and put them straight - Alex Zane this morning anyone?!

Also, great post, Eva, wonderfully expressed and I echo your sentiments.   ok

I can't begin to imagine how Axl and the rest of the band are feeling right now.  I guess that relief and anxiety are pretty likely to be mixed up in there and, to be honest, it chokes me up a little to think of everything he's had to fight through to get to this point.  I suppose that's why I get so angry when I hear the ignorant remarks on the radio.

But, y'know what, regardless of the reviews to come, Axl has made a huge number of people incredibly happy this past week and that in itself is an achievement well worth celebrating.  I expect that the coming months are likely to bring more pressure but I really hope that he'll be able to take a quiet moment here and there to reflect on just how far he's come and to remind himself of the love and support he has from the thousands of GN'R fans around the world.  Smiley

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »

I bet the feeling he has is great.

A very long journey indeed. I'm sure he isn't worried about the reviews of the single, although I bet he's read every one of them.

I give the single a B+. Only thing taking away from it... is that we had to all wait a very long time.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »

Very overwehelmed and relieved. I hope he is on top of the world right now. But knowing Axl he is totally stressed and worried. Guess I would be too.
Axl you and the guys have worked forever on this thing and given it your all. Your best is the best you can do. Just remember when the critics start there crap they said shit about everything else too. It don't mean shit. Sales of the cd and tickets means a  lot more!!
I am hoping the guys will finally be considered a real part of this band now. They have earned it! Hold your heads high and smile!
peace out
amyl
That was very sweet Smiley

Thank you. Ment every word of it. Not always easy to put into words what your thinking though.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »

I am so happy for Axl.  Never met the guy, but I respect him so much.  He has gone through so much shit...a weaker man would have thrown in the towel long ago...or worse, gone for the reunion cash-grab.  Thank you Axl for staying true to your vision.  Thank you for staying true to the art.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
badapple81
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 05:01:30 AM »

My guess is that it would be a relieving feeling to finally be out of his hands. I remember that one press release he talked about what it has been like trying to get it all done. Must be a feeling of relief now no matter how it goes.
jrsone
Opening Act

didn't want to know it all

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »

Well, the response to the radio airplay in the UK seems overwhelmingly negative, but I suppose he had to expect that - and CD is arguably the weakest song on the album out of the tracks we've heard in terms of radio. I'm sure there's a part of him that wonders if it wouldn't just be best to leave it all in the vaults and keep the myth growing. The same part that's been doing just that for the last six years! There's also obviously going to be scathing reviews around the corner from those critics who have been waiting for ages to tear into Axl and the album, but that's also to be expected. Once CD is out and fans lap it up, and a new generation of fans latches onto the hype, it will feel a lot better for all the band.

An early backlash is probably the best thing to happen as it should allow objective reviewers to look at the album from a more reasonable perspective.
How hard is it to be a critic? How hard is it to make unique original music?

didn't want to know it all...
Annie
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »

I can't speak for Axl, but I've been on such a high the past few days that I don't even care that the world economy is falling apart and my IRA lost $30,0000.
commissioner
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 03:47:48 PM »

I can't speak for Axl, but I've been on such a high the past few days that I don't even care that the world economy is falling apart and my IRA lost $30,0000.

Ho my...you lost that much...Huh  wow!  I listen to the US News daily (from Canada) as it effect us & everyone around the world.  That's tuff! 

On Axl... Who knows how he is feeling but I am sure he is happy to be making the fans happy! 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:33:06 PM by commissioner » Logged
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

Maybe he feels stressed but excited at the same time. Smiley

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 04:53:32 PM »

Let's hope all goes well, he and they deserve it.

Nothing to say
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »

im sure it will go fine.and good luck axl all my love /horsey .i think it will rock the worlds socks off !
and i mean that axl has to be a bit nervous still.hope you don't got the jitters axl.it will all work out great !

the one an only horsey !
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »

I think he probably has a sense of accomplishment by releasing this record, he should be proud of himself  beer

AliveOrJustBreathing
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 07:23:27 AM »

Thinking about the interview Axl did in 2006 on the Eddie Trunk show compared to what happened before that on the Euro/Asia/US trek of 06, I feel he might be in a better place, certainly then he was in 2002. Its unlikely that we might get any footage from that particular tour released on a DVD because Rose seemed to be irritated by the entire tour, and forced to perform, whereas in 2006 he seemed to be in a much better place within himself. In 2007 he said himself he didn't really want to tour but was glad that he got the chance to. Now, in 2008, the album is finally looking to see the light of day and I wonder if its because Axl himself is finally happy with the way things have gone over the past few years compared to any setbacks he might have had.

Ideas?
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:10 AM »

Your lucky to get any footage released on DVD from any tour that guns do.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »

Of course he's in a better place. No 45 yr old man is wanting to spend a year on the road touring, unless you're the stones... no one WANTS to do it. Touring just comes with the territory.

The 2006 tour was great. He was genuinely ok on stage. He didn't seem to be pissed... he seemed relaxed. Cracked jokes. He was definitely having fun. Now he has a better management team, I'm sure the label is getting off his back, the media is being KINDer... lol.

I would love footage of the 2006 tour.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Olorin
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:04 AM »

I think how he was happy enough being at being pictured out clubbing, at premiers, chatting on radio, tv  etc. showed how much more content he was being in the public eye in 2006, than he might have been in the past. Not to mention the success of the tour. The accoustic gig seemed to  be done for the sake of the enjoyment factor alone. He definently seemed more happier and at ease on stage than he did in 2002.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:12 AM »

I can't begin to imagine how Axl and the rest of the band are feeling right now.  I guess that relief and anxiety are pretty likely to be mixed up in there and, to be honest, it chokes me up a little to think of everything he's had to fight through to get to this point.  I suppose that's why I get so angry when I hear the ignorant remarks on the radio.

But, y'know what, regardless of the reviews to come, Axl has made a huge number of people incredibly happy this past week and that in itself is an achievement well worth celebrating.  I expect that the coming months are likely to bring more pressure but I really hope that he'll be able to take a quiet moment here and there to reflect on just how far he's come and to remind himself of the love and support he has from the thousands of GN'R fans around the world.  Smiley

it really has been an amazing journey... for him and Dizzy and Tommy and Robin... and Chris... and Beta... and Del --  all of them    AND for us fans
I actually wouldn't trade the past several years of being a guns fan for anything else...   i figure this is how it had to be - this is how its meant to go down

All I want now is for Robin to get back and for them all to enjoy...

As far as Axl being aware of the thousands of fans around the world - I honestly believe that it has been a huge part of what has sustained him over the years... 
Myself and many, many other fans kept faith in Axl.. believed he would keep going - that he wouldn't give up... 
I'm a believer in our inter-conectedness and believe that our energies constantly pass between us...   So I believe the same way we feel Axl's energy and believe in him,, he feels our energy.

I just know I'm gonna cry when I see that CD and when I play it the first time....  and then again when I get to see Axl on stage again bringing to life something dear to my heart: Guns N' Roses....   
(and pleeeeease - please please please be there Robin!)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »

I remember reading somewhere that by time an album/song/etc. is actually physically released, the artist is so far past it and into their next project that the only time they even stop to think about it is when they have to do promotions so I do hope Axl and the entire GNR camp do get to take a minute to "stop and smell the roses" (pun intended) even if it's just to savor the overwhelming feelings they've given us fans  Grin .....

.......... then it's onward n' upward!!! headbanger 

As far as the Robin thing goes, obviously that's totally up to the band and whatever they decide, we'll embrace it.
But IMO if he's gone ... oh fuckin well!!! wave
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:27:36 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: