Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...  (Read 13642 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: October 22, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »

Chinese Democracy and all that it has entailed(the making of it,contracts,promos,labels,lawsuits,etc) has been a part of Axls life for over a decade.

I wonder how Axl feels now that he has offically jumped back into the pool after all of this time. He is about to embark on the next part of his legacy. It must be a an overwhelming feeling for him.

Hopefully one day he tells us how he feels about all of this.

Do you guys think hes happy, nervous, relieved, etc on the day he released the first official single from his highly anticipated album?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »

more stressed than ever  Grin

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

Probably relieved more than anything. With anything like this, once you get the wheels in motion, you can relax jussst a bit  yes

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »

Probably relieved more than anything. With anything like this, once you get the wheels in motion, you can relax jussst a bit  yes

How can you ever relax once you set the wheels in motion  Huh Makes no sense.

No more rest from now on  peace

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
gav
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

I'm not going to pretend for a second how Axl feels...

All I know is when I have poured my heart and soul into something and then finish it, I have a great sense of relief that washes over me

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »

I'd say he's relieved... he's obviously very proud of his work. People that he's shared the album with described him 'rocking out' listening to it. I'd say he's excited about finally offering his body of work up to his loyal fans that have stuck with him all the way. It's got to be an amazing feeling having achieved so much in his life already and now embarking on another exciting musical journey with all his supporters behind him. I'd say he'll be relaxing for a bit now knowing the recording process is over. He's got to have a mountain of material to release over the next few years and he can enjoy it more now without all the stresses of breaking up with old Guns, finding new musicians and trying to make a comeback. He's made his comeback! People just want to hear Axl and always will. Can't believe its been so long. There's young people only getting to hear Guns n Roses now, people that were only being born during the glory days in the early nineties. Appetite changed my life and I'm hoping Chinese Democracy will have the same effect on the new fans  peace beer

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »

How can you ever relax once you set the wheels in motion  Huh Makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense !!

Anticipation can be the worst part of anything.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »

Axl Rules! 

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:05:09 PM »

He'll be feeling whatever the most fervent fan of GNR is feeling, X10, I'd imagine.

And there goes the challenger...
Annie
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »

I hope that he is happy!
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

overwhelming is the correct word, i'd imagine.

i just want to say a Heartfelt Thank You, to Axl & GN'R.

this light at the end of the tunnel is just what we all needed right now!!!

i look forward to getting CD SO much, as do the legions of fans, worldwide!  peace

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »

Go Axl!  celebrate.. it's been a long time coming.

they all must feel amazing!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »

I imagine that he is very happy and feels like a huge weight has been taken off him.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 01:40:59 AM »

I'd say probably a wide ranger of emotions including happy, relieved, nervous excited etc. He has to be ecstatic that he has finally proved all the haters and the doubters and bashers wrong. They all said this day would never come this album would never come out. He can now give them all a great big fuck you!
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 05:38:21 AM »

Has anyone ever stopped to think that this was all part of axl's game plan? even if the other members did not quit he still had it planned to wait so long for a return?

Just a thought

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 05:50:46 AM »

Very overwehelmed and relieved. I hope he is on top of the world right now. But knowing Axl he is totally stressed and worried. Guess I would be too.
Axl you and the guys have worked forever on this thing and given it your all. Your best is the best you can do. Just remember when the critics start there crap they said shit about everything else too. It don't mean shit. Sales of the cd and tickets means a  lot more!!
I am hoping the guys will finally be considered a real part of this band now. They have earned it! Hold your heads high and smile!
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 07:42:53 AM »

Very overwehelmed and relieved. I hope he is on top of the world right now. But knowing Axl he is totally stressed and worried. Guess I would be too.
Axl you and the guys have worked forever on this thing and given it your all. Your best is the best you can do. Just remember when the critics start there crap they said shit about everything else too. It don't mean shit. Sales of the cd and tickets means a  lot more!!
I am hoping the guys will finally be considered a real part of this band now. They have earned it! Hold your heads high and smile!
peace out
amyl
That was very sweet Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »

It will be a rollercoaster ride. He must be relieved that it is finally coming out. At this point he does not give a shit what critics could possibly say. But once the band begins to tour and they begin to do press they will go through their ups and downs. I am sure we will hear some nice rants here and there from Axl.

I figure that they are going to embark on a massive tour on the scale of UYI I & II to promote this album perhaps for a couple of years. Although I am not sure if they can still fill up the stadiums... at least in the states like back in the day unless it is a festival.

I hope it will be a positive experience for Axl were he will be happy and at peace with himself and will be inspired to continue to write great music for years to come.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »

Has anyone ever stopped to think that this was all part of axl's game plan? even if the other members did not quit he still had it planned to wait so long for a return?

Just a thought

I don't think he would have made statements like "It is this year" and "March 6, 2007" if he had planned for it to take this long.  Plus how could you expect other band members to stick it out with you?  Things happened and it was a long process but we're finally at the finish line... Grin

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »

Great thread topic YG...

Hope its sinking in for them - its still sinking in for me.  Smiley

my thoughts are with Axl and all the guys... expecially dizzy, tommy, and robin who been there the longest...  its been a long haul for them

the music is great (we already knew it would be)  now i just want it to do well - i am literally personally dissapointed and even pissed anytime i hear a negative review or comment about the song -  I fuckin' cursed at my radio..  I don't know this woman who called it bitching about "its not GN'R..." but I know she's a bitch! lol!  and evil!  hihi  and I deliver a speech akin to the posts i've made on here in past years for similar debates!  

So still putting up the good fight!  Will it ever end?  Prob not!  not for us...  and prob not for Axl!

I don't even want to guess how he's handling it all...
I hope Axl is enjoying having it out there - the single out, the release announced...    
I hope he sat back and let the champagne flow and busted out the cubans... and enjoyed it.

I do imagine him just being real busy making arrangements and working on deals for promotion, and touring, etc.

I so want it to be huge for Axl and Guns...    They deserve it after so much long hard work and dedication (and putting up with rabid fans! lol!)

I just wanna shake their hands and hug them and slap 'em on the back - C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !    love
Fuckin' A!  They must be elated no one will EVER fuckin' ask them When is CD going to be out?"  Grin

I really hope they have an album release party and they all get together and fuckin' kick back and celebrate with their friends and families...   beer

It'd be great if they did a big hollywood style bash (as well.)  

hell, If I had the resources and connections I'd throw the fuckin' party for them myself  - they really deserve it!!!!  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: