Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For those so inclined, how are you celebrating the CD release date?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those so inclined, how are you celebrating the CD release date?  (Read 8052 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« on: October 22, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »

I've just cracked a nice icy cold Dr. Pepper (I'm working...so anything more illicit is out until my work day is done).

What are you all doing?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Adam Bomb
Banned
Opening Act

KABOOM!

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »

What are you all doing?

Do you mean in general (I've just cracked a nice icy cold Dr. Pepper) or when the bloody thing actually hits shelves?

Right now I'm feeling ah... and when I pick up the album I'll have a few beer (that's plural, locally) and listen to it all by my lonesome.

Were we friends in a past life?

The man who throws a bomb is an artist, because he prefers a great moment to everything. (Gilbert K. Chesterton)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:49:24 PM »

i'm gonna snort cocaine and get drunk  ok

just kidding, but we're planning a big listening party in Lisbon for fans, so that should be good  Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:51:21 PM »

Well the day of the release I will be drinking, listening to uncle AXL and celebreating my 35 birthday! That 2 birthdays that Guns have released a cd on my birthday. The first being "The Spaghetti Incident"?.

beer

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

What are you all doing?

Do you mean in general (I've just cracked a nice icy cold Dr. Pepper) or when the bloody thing actually hits shelves?

Right now I'm feeling ah... and when I pick up the album I'll have a few beer (that's plural, locally) and listen to it all by my lonesome.

I know..the topic name sucks donkey balls.

I mean "How are you celebrating the Press Release that came out today announcing an official release date showing that the arrival of Chinese Democracy is official, and imminent".

But what the fuck...we can talk about what you're gonna do the day the album is released, too.  Works for me.

I'm gonna head to BB EARLY (I'm assuming no midnight opening) and see if we can't get a bunch of GnR fans together in one place at the same time for a few hours prior to release.

Then, I'm gonna come home, send the kiddies over to grandma's house (for those thinking that makes me a bad parent....the kids go to Grandma's for the day just about EVERY Sunday..she lives approx 75 yards from our house), and blast the music at dangerously loud levels with some friends, drink some beers, eat some pizza, and have a little party (which is NOT a typical Sunday).

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:55:39 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »

Big party at my house on November 23 (that's November 23, thanks for clarifying  hihi)

Many peeps coming over. Cracking open a bottle of Canadian Club whiskey that's been sealed since 1951 for this!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Adam Bomb
Banned
Opening Act

KABOOM!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »

I mean "How are you celebrating the Press Release that came out today announcing an official release date showing that the arrival of Chinese Democracy is official, and imminent".

I'll take that as a no. But what the fuck, you were friendly enough in your edit. It's all good. GNR fans, ultimately. Right?

The man who throws a bomb is an artist, because he prefers a great moment to everything. (Gilbert K. Chesterton)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 02:02:23 PM »

gonna buy the record... drive to a secluded beach with my buddies... get DRUNK!!!! and play air guitar and do my best serpentine dance.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 02:03:57 PM »

I'll take that as a no. But what the fuck, you were friendly enough in your edit. It's all good. GNR fans, ultimately. Right?

I don't know, we may have been (friends in a past life).  I have issues with remembering past life regressions, so...  Smiley  Eh, who am I kidding...I sometimes have trouble remember last month.

I was actually being sefl depracating in my first response....I knew when I posted it that the title sucked but I couldn't think of a way to phrase it better and still keep it short enough for the board software.  That's why I went all long winded and shit.  No worries.

Together again,
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

I am gonna buy at least two maybe three copies ( one for my car, the house and maybe one for the wife's car in case we go somewhere and I don't wanna listen to crap) and then I am gonna crank the piss out of it while cruising down some windy roads in my BMW!  Life will be good!

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

I was thinking about hosting a party at my place and buying each of my guests a copy of Chinese Democracy. I'll be inviting more or less 20 people, so that makes 23 copies - at least - that I'm gonna have to buy.

I may even make each person sing a GNR line if they want to come in. It'd be like some kinda password to get it, don't want to sing? there's the road.

Oh...and I may even get drunk as well for the first time in 7 years. So, yeah, it'll definitely be an special night.

Adam Bomb
Banned
Opening Act

KABOOM!

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »

No, no worries.

For the record though, I wasn't fooling around. To me there was ambiguity in both the title and your Dr. Pepper remark. Sorted though.

And Iggy, if you throw in a plane ticket with the album, I'm there. Wink

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »

Big party at my house on November 23 (that's November 23, thanks for clarifying  hihi)

Many peeps coming over. Cracking open a bottle of Canadian Club whiskey that's been sealed since 1951 for this!

Sweet where is my invite?!?!?!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »

No, no worries.

For the record though, I wasn't fooling around. To me there was ambiguity in both the title and your Dr. Pepper remark. Sorted though.

Wouldnt that be cool, huh?  yes

Oh by the way, there are 400 visitors now between guests and members of the forum...Have we ever had this many at once?

Jada
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »

I'm drinking (cheap) sparkling wine as we speak.  beer Didn't exactly buy it for this occasion and I have work to do tomorrow, but...  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

No, no worries.

Wouldnt that be cool, huh?  yes

Oh by the way, there are 400 visitors now between guests and members of the forum...Have we ever had this many at once?

I think the top out was just over 600 (jarmo would know) during the Hammerstein show live updates.

Together again,
Adam Bomb
Banned
Opening Act

KABOOM!

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

A quick look shows 400's been shattered before. Mostly in '06 it looks like. I saw 7** there somewhere.

kyon
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »

The press release dropped while I was out shopping for groceries. I forgot to buy the bottle of Dr Pepper I had planned to mark the single release, and now the stores are closed, so no soda for me today.

As for release day, a wine and cheese party with the girlfriend is still the plan.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:08:16 PM by kyon » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

i jus been to my local BARGAIN BOOZE an got me a litre of JACK an im sippin my first now  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

I'm going to see AC/DC that night for the first time!  Grin

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92