Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Music Video - Ideas
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Music Video - Ideas  (Read 4862 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 22, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »

Hey All,

So now that we know the first single, I'm curious as to what the video for the track Chinese Democracy will be.  Based on the promo videos that were leaked and the song itself, not to mention what's going on with American politics right now, you'd think the video would be political in nature without adhereing to any particular political dogma.  I wouldn't be surprised to see video clips of mass demonstrations, political leaders (Bush, McCain, Obama, Mao, Putin), rioting and the like.  I think it would work well with this song.  Though I'm curious as to whether any band performances will be included.  I'd hope so, but since we still don't know who exactly is in the band (ie. Brain, Robin), it might be more difficult to include everyone in the band.  It would be cool to include some footage from the 2006 tour, but again, who do you include?

Anyway, just curious as to what anyone else sees happening if a video were to be released...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
kammiste
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:24:31 PM »

Okay, I basically thought of this since I first heard the song as a leak. To get a clue what I'm exactly thinking of concerning the motion on the walls, check out the video for Incubus - Drive.

My idea is as follows -

The intro -
an empty warehouse with gray, concrete walls. During the intro, moving pictures of a typical chinese village begin to appear on all 4 walls of the warehouse. I haven't got this all thought out, but basically these moving pictures depict the life of this village (notice the talk in the background, anyways, I think a good plot is needed here  Grin). As the guitars kick in, the band appears on these walls, the story still evolving. The camera is moving along with the storyline on the walls. The pictures slowly start fading away and the dimly lit room is getting more dimmer, as the camera is zooming out on the warehouse.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »

My concept would current events. From 9/11 to Vietnam and the War in Iraq. It's to point out that there is no such thing as democracy. Even the US is not a democracy, it's a republic. The largest democracy in the world is India, not the US.

The band playing live. Soldiers. Children/women crying. Incerpts of the band playing live.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »

I think it should start like that

Axl is on ground under the see. Over him is shoal of Sharks...thousands of sharks. But than, water over wanes, Sharks have to swim away, where is still enough water. When there is only about 20 centimetres water,flowing off stops. Axl stands up and starts to sing. Then, Robin, Tommy, Ron, Richard and Buckethead are coming. From 5 sides , there are trails past them and it makes a star in view overhead - star like logo of New GNR. \

EDIT:oh no, I get it, no trails, there is fire trail past the guitarists and then, when they come to Axl, Fire makes on water a star but in the center of that star is still piece of water and the band is playing there.
?
That's beginning, I haven't thought out anything else yet, but I think this would be extremly cool

than it could be maybe about events like 9/11 etc.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »

i just want robin in it  Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »

1) It's got to make a big deal about seeing Axl in a vid again... Hints that it's him during the build up etc.

2) Lots of footage of the band. Gotta establish the 'new' GnR in the minds of the general public.

Beyond that, i don't need anything fancy as long as its well done.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »

I beleive the intro will be the chinese man on his boat. After that the bands performs and scenes of 9/11, Desert Storm, 1989 massacre in Peking appear. Throw in some cruel political leaders like Mao, Stalin, Hitler and you underline the meaning of the song.

I would like the political theme but I don't think it will happen.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

Well said me too !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »

Well said me too !

maybe the music video will be for another song... and yeah, robin come back on board!

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:18:29 PM »

really I just hope the guys are in it and that it has some kind of a concept, whatever it may be

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
overmatik
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:54 PM »

Despite of what they may do, this video must feature the whole band playing, and no damn actors or shots of streets and skies.
Olorin
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »

Something brutal and simple , like the live era Jungle video, thats all it needs.

I really dont want to see Axl and co posing around in staged videos, they seem above that now. I'd much prefer something artistic and unusual or just the standard live footage. The best gnr videos of old are the most simple ones.

Butyagottahavedolphinsman!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »

clips of brutal chinese police/military actions.  Tienanmen square, Falun Gong beat downs, under age gymnasts  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

some cool live footage would be good for me.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »

This song is like the backdrop music to a revolutionary war. Very explosive.
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 11:57:23 PM »

The band playing at the great wall of China.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

there was a fan made video a while back on youtube where init i remember they had a chinese flag and showed images of china in disarray and had that one sort clip of that one chinese dude standing in front of tanks holding a brief case. It just seemed to fit with the song, its probably long been erased but i liked it Smiley

i like the wall of china idea though, and also have some things in there about kim jon ill, nukes, war anything else that could posibly go with the song.

\m/

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 12:21:25 AM »

The rest of the band HAS to be in it. The general public needs to see who these guys are, so they can gain an identity in GNR.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »

My concept would current events. From 9/11 to Vietnam and the War in Iraq. It's to point out that there is no such thing as democracy. Even the US is not a democracy, it's a republic. The largest democracy in the world is India, not the US.

The band playing live. Soldiers. Children/women crying. Incerpts of the band playing live.

I like this idea alot!   I'm sure Axl already has the vision he wants to make in his head for this video.

Ready to Crash and Burn
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »

I just want to know if there is going 2 be one? if so when.... and when does the single get released?

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: