Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 139265 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #380 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »

Pump Your Own Octane top 5 tonight, on Sirius Octane 20 was as follows.

5) Jet Black Stare ? Ready To Roll
4) Saliva ? Family Reunion
3) Five Finger Death Punch ? Stranger Than Fiction
2) Rob Zombie ? War Zone
1) Guns N? Roses ? Chinese Democracy

Tonight's Pump Your Own Octane.  Interesting that NONE of the songs from tonight were repeats from last night, except of course for Chinese Democracy.  CD also wasn't on the real rock 20 for last week, unless it was # 18-20, I missed those.  Maybe it wasn't in rotation long enough, not sure exactly how they go about tabulating that.

5) Tantric ? Fall Down
4) Kid Rock ? Rock N? Roll Jesus
3) Puddle Of Mudd ? Livin? On Borrowed Time
2) Metallica ? My Apocalypse

Only one good song on that list...Axl's new hit single.  Cool
Uh, oh.  Song was absent from the countdown tonight altogether after being #1 since it came out (I think).  What happened?  Don't be afraid to vote/request.  http://www.sirius.com/octane  The top 5 was as follows

5) Rev Theory ? Light It Up
4) In This Moment ? Forever
3) Rob Zombie ? War Zone
2) Slipknot ? Deaf Memories
1) Mudvayne ? Do What You Do

Edit:  They did play the song about 10 minutes ago.  I don't know how the heck they come up with the countdowns.  It seems odd that hardly any of the songs are ever the same.  I demand a recount!  (just kidding)
Okay, back on the list tonight, on top where we belong.  The Pump Your Own Octane top 5 for Friday was as follows.

5) Volbeat ? Sad Man?s Tongue
4) AC/DC ? Rock N? Roll Train
3) Nickelback ? Something In Your Mouth
2) Metallica ? My Apocalypse

Note : I've been digging that Volbeat song ever since I heard it a couple weeks back.  And I find that Nickelback song annoying.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:07 AM »

it seems like WMMR in philly has added CD to its rotation! i'm sure our e-mails helped. here's all gnr songs played in the last 16 hours or so....

3:30pm   Knockin on Heaven's Door
5:32pm   Chinese Democracy
8:06pm   Paradise City
11:15pm   Used to Love Her
1:30am   Chinese Democracy
3:50am   SCOM
5:42am   Live and Let Die
8:31am   Chinese Democracy

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »

Does it take time for new songs to get into regular playlists ?  I'm tripping in MD that the new Metallica and AC/DC songs are played but not CD.  And the Metallica and AC/DC songs sound like every other old song, while CD has a new sound, but all of a sudden nobody wants new sounds ?

ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2008, 09:19:05 AM »

WKLQ is Grand Rapids is really picking up on this song.  It was #1 for four days in a row and then it dropped to #2 on Wednesday and #3 on Thursday.  I thought it was going to drop down further yesterday, but it made it back to #1.  Since 5:00 PM yesterday they have now played CD a total of four times and have thrown in Jungle and Brownstone in the last 16 hours.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »

I thought the same thing! It was great to hear them back at #1 in GR on Friday! West Michigan loves their Gnr.
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: November 02, 2008, 01:24:43 AM »

Great job guys, keep it up!! Im doing my part but i live in Australia so when i email US radio people they can tell im not from there, i still do it though haha.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #386 on: November 02, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

The Real Rock 20 on Sirius Octane this week was as follows.

20) Eve to Adam ? Gift
19) AC/DC ? Rock N? Roll Train
18) Digital Summer ? Whatever It Takes
17) Vayden ? The One You Left Behind
16) Nickelback ? Something In Your Mouth
15) Saliva ? Family Reunion
14) Mudvayne ? Do What You Do
13) In This Moment ? Forever
12) Rob Zombie ? War Zone
11) Volbeat ? Sad Man?s Tongue
10) Shinedown ? Second Chance
9) All That Remains ? Two Weeks
Cool Motley Crue ? MF Of The Year
7) Five Finger Death Punch ? Stranger Than Fiction
6) Theory Of A Deadman ? Hate My Life
5) Disturbed ? Indestructible
4) Metallica ? The Day That Never Comes
3) Slipknot ? Psychosocial
2) Apocalyptica ? I Don?t Care

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »

That's cool.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »

its crazy to see guns n roses, motley crue, acdc and metallica all on the same list in 2008.  Rock fans are loyal through the years.

Dont eat cheese after midnight
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #389 on: November 02, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

Yup keep the votes going. I know I am especially on the bigger stations but even little stations help. The goal is for all the GNR fans to get to hear the song as much as possible and to get old GNR fans that don't go on the forums to say "hey thats cool i remember GNR"

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »

its crazy to see guns n roses, motley crue, acdc and metallica all on the same list in 2008.  Rock fans are loyal through the years.

Not to get in to a full on discussion about other bands, but is there any wonder why GnR is #1 right now?  It's not because of the name, it's because Axl took the time to put out a good record in an era when rock has become almost dormant.  Yeah, Metallica still rocks occasionally, but their songs mostly re-treads, whereas Axl is covering new ground for GnR and rock.  Chinese Democracy is really different than anything GnR has done before.  The Day That Never Comes rocks, but only because of Kirk and Lars.  James brings his same cliched, worn out schtick to the vocals. 

I'm glad Metallica is still around and they've paid their dues, but I hope people cut Axl some slack and understand that at least he was trying to make a GOOD album and not just another album to keep the fans loyal.  What Axl did took balls.  So, I give it up to him for that.   This is WHY GnR is #1 over these other bands now...
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »

Has it been getting heavy radio play in your area?  I listen to the radio for at least 1.5 hours a day and I have yet to hear it once in my region (DC area).  Neither the major DC nor Baltimore station has spinned it while I was listening.

What about you guys?
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »

Here in Philly I listen to WMMR or WYSP going and coming from work and hear it (CD) and/or a GNR song fairly often.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »

Not to get in to a full on discussion about other bands, but is there any wonder why GnR is #1 right now?  It's not because of the name, it's because Axl took the time to put out a good record in an era when rock has become almost dormant.  Yeah, Metallica still rocks occasionally, but their songs mostly re-treads, whereas Axl is covering new ground for GnR and rock.  Chinese Democracy is really different than anything GnR has done before.  The Day That Never Comes rocks, but only because of Kirk and Lars.  James brings his same cliched, worn out schtick to the vocals. 

I'm glad Metallica is still around and they've paid their dues, but I hope people cut Axl some slack and understand that at least he was trying to make a GOOD album and not just another album to keep the fans loyal.  What Axl did took balls.  So, I give it up to him for that.   This is WHY GnR is #1 over these other bands now...

hate to burst your bubble but CD is number 1 because its been anticipated for 17 years. It is the title track from literally the most anticipated ablum in the history of music. The quality of the song has much less to do with it.

Lets just make sure it stays there!
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »

hate to burst your bubble but CD is number 1 because its been anticipated for 17 years. It is the title track from literally the most anticipated ablum in the history of music. The quality of the song has much less to do with it.

Lets just make sure it stays there!

Bollocks.  The craftsmanship on CD is much more noticeable than anything Metallica has put out in the past 10 years (if not more). 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »

keep up with the requests

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »

Has it been getting heavy radio play in your area?  I listen to the radio for at least 1.5 hours a day and I have yet to hear it once in my region (DC area).  Neither the major DC nor Baltimore station has spinned it while I was listening.

What about you guys?
I don't listen to too much music stations these days.  I tape the Howard Stern Show and listen to that, but with CD's release I've listened more to Sirius Octane and obviously they play it a fair amount seeing as how it's the number one song there.  I heard it over the weekend on WCCC in Hartford for the first time, but I hardly ever listen to that station.  I e-mailed the music director over there to find out if they were playing the song, as it hadn't shown up on their music log.  He assured me they've played it a hundred times since it came out.  So yeah, it's getting real good airtime as far as I can tell.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »

This is beginning to sound like a broken record, but when it's good news I figure it's alright to keep posting.  Voted number 1 again for Sirius Octane's Pump Your Own top 5 on Monday night.

5) Framing Hanley ? Lollipop
4) Volbeat ? Sad Man?s Tongue
3) Five Finger Death Punch ? Stranger Than Fiction
2) Slipknot ? Dead Memories

The DJ (Covino) said he talked to another DJ (Mario) from Sirius Hard Attack who told him 6 of the 9 leaked tracks he's heard kick ass.  Covino said he thought all 9 kicked ass.  He also mentioned how Bumblefoot (although he didn't mention him by name) said that the 3 that haven't been heard are even better.  Good way to pump the album I'd say.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »

Great news. Email this cleveland station. They don't have it on the rotation but the DJ said more requests and they'll add it.

maria@wmms.com

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2008, 12:43:49 AM »

ALL THE WAY FROM FREDERICTON, NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA.

Got requests in on all our local stations and so far they've all played Chinese Democracy numerous times since its released.

TONS of GNR airplay since the first single from the album came out.
We are just asmall fraction of the GNR fans around the world and based on the buzz thats going around about "Chinese Democracy" in Fredericton this album will be HUGE.

so far these local stations have played "Chinese Democracy" in fredericton , nb, canada

92.3 CLASSIC FREDFM
105.3 THE FOX
97.5 THE STATION OF THE NATION
98.9 BIG JOHN FM
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:45:22 AM by Slash_N_Roses » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: