Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 139261 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=127174&st=0

Looks like there's a similar thread over at My GNR. They have a bunch of stations listed that we don't have yet.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »

Wasn't sure to start a new thread, but thought I'd put this here...

For those living in Southern Ontario (Canada), 97.7 htz fm  (http://www.htzfm.com/) is having a Guns N' Roses weekend to celebrate the new single and the release of the album.

http://www.htzfm.com/node/813165

This station has largely been extremely GNR friendly.  It's awesome that they're doing a whole weekend devoted to GNR.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »

Swedish national radio station P3, has the song as one of three untitled songs that they want their listeners to vote on.

You either vote that it's a hit (flipp) or not (flopp). R?sta means vote.

Chinese Democracy is "L?t 3". Click it and it plays.

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/nyhetssidor/index.asp?programid=2785

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
minto
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »

Radio1 has added it to its playlist -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »

DC101 will be playing it live at 2:30. The DJ said she'd be looking for reaction.

www.dc101.com

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »

http://digg.com/music/Guns_N_Roses_to_release_Chinese_Democracy_3

Digg this please!

beer

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »

http://blog.wmmr.com/Blog/tabid/126/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/21/New-Guns--RosesLove-itHate-it.aspx

93.3 WMMR in philly has a very negative view towards Axl. Pierre just played the song and said he just feels that if Axl apologized all would be forgiven. Several fans feel the same way, but i've heard some major positive feedback from people and some other DJs regarding the song. Pierre said he hopes his station does not support someone that did this to the city and that has homophobic views. He then said it's up to the "men in suits" to decide if it gets added to the regular rotation.

He then read responses directly from the blog i posted above (they were about 50-50). anyone that has a free minute should post. i wouldn't try to argue - you're not gonna convince people. but just say how it's a great song that you want to hear. let's help make them HAVE to play it.  ok

Philly is the 5th or 6th largest market in the U.S. and WMMR is the most popular rock station here. the more it gets played the better.

here's an e-mail address as well....

ProgramDirector@WMMR.com
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:43:31 PM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

http://blog.wmmr.com/Blog/tabid/126/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/21/New-Guns--RosesLove-itHate-it.aspx

93.3 WMMR in philly has a very negative view towards Axl. Pierre just played the song and said he just feels that if Axl apologized all would be forgiven. Several fans feel the same way, but i've heard some major positive feedback from people and some other DJs regarding the song. Pierre said he hopes his station does not support someone that did this to the city and that has homophobic views. He then said it's up to the "men in suits" to decide if it gets added to the regular rotation.

He then read responses directly from the blog i posted above (they were about 50-50). anyone that has a free minute should post. i wouldn't try to argue - you're not gonna convince people. but just say how it's a great song that you want to hear. let's help make them HAVE to play it.  ok

Philly is the 5th or 6th largest market in the U.S. and WMMR is the most popular rock station here. the more it gets played the better.

ProgramDirector@WMMR.com

Really Pierre? It's been SIX FUCKING YEARS. Get over it.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2008, 04:01:41 PM »

ProgramDirector@WMMR.com

No shit.  Jesus, I had tickets to five shows on that tour that were cancelled.  And guess what?  Exactly none of those cancellations had anything to do with me, personally.  So, like a mature adult, I put the situation into its proper context and moved on.  All those bitter people in Philly need to do the same.

Ali
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2008/new-gunsn-roses-track

XFM are looking for comments.  I've heard it a couple of times on the station so far - they're playing SCOM right now, hopefully CD next!  (Listen live link at top of page linked above)

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

Pierre said he hopes his station does not support someone that did this to the city and that has homophobic views.

I hope his station doesn't support this moron.

The show was canceled six fucking years ago. Get over it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »

ProgramDirector@WMMR.com

No shit.  Jesus, I had tickets to five shows on that tour that were cancelled.  And guess what?  Exactly none of those cancellations had anything to do with me, personally.  So, like a mature adult, I put the situation into its proper context and moved on.  All those bitter people in Philly need to do the same.

Ali

i agree with you guys. and i know the large majority of people that bitch weren't even at the show and hated Axl to begin with. even Pierre admitted he isn't much of a fan of GnR's old music and thinks they are "overplayed" on radio. gimme a freakin break!

on a side note, another DJ at the station is Matt Cord. i believe he is friendly with Tommy Stinson. i hoping he's more pro-gnr and helps get CD in regular rotation.

I know MMR's decision to play it or not isn't gonna make or break the album, but every little bit helps.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

Pierre said he hopes his station does not support someone that did this to the city and that has homophobic views.

/jarmo

pierre is a god in philly. several big time musicians LOVE him, and he has more credibility than most DJs alive. many believe him to be one of the nicest people they've ever met.

he took the cancelation as a sign of a lack of respect of the fans. all he wanted was an apology that, for whatever the reason, the fans of philadelphia were subjected to a no-show.

his e-mail is pierre@wmmr.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Robert

William Pierre Robert (born August 1, 1955) is a radio disc jockey who, since 1981, has been a highly popular on-air personality for 93.3FM WMMR in Philadelphia, one of the nation's most recognized rock music stations.

He is known as WMMR's most identifiable personality, and is often described as a hippie by many locals. Robert is also famous for addressing his listeners as "citizens", as well as saying "Great day in the morning!".

Robert also holds significant stature in the American rock music industry, where he is held in high esteem by many rock musicians and groups, many of whom have granted Robert rare interviews and appeared in person on his program.

Radio career
Pierre Robert (pronounced "row-BEAR") began his radio career at 94.9 KSAN-FM, one of the country's first progressive rock stations, in his hometown of San Francisco. When KSAN changed its format to an Urban Country & Western style in the early 1980s Robert assumed the on-air name "Will Robertson" for a brief period of time.

Not long after, Robert moved to Philadelphia where he joined WMMR.

Robert has had many positions at WMMR, which include mornings, overnights and middays. His current time slot is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. though his program frequently runs longer (an anomaly explained as "Pierre Standard Time.")

Features of his show include the "Coffee Break Music Marathon", "Pierre's Planner" and the Work Force Blocks where he plays 3 to 4 song blocks of a particular artist based on listener requests.

Robert also features the "Vinyl Cut", where he plays a track from one of the many vinyl records in the WMMR archive.

He is also known to play all 18 minutes and 20 seconds of the Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" multiple times during his annual Thanksgiving day broadcast.

Robert has admitted that he does not follow Philadelphia sports. He typically refers to all Philadelphia sports teams as "The Boys in Blue" regardless of the actual team colors.

Throughout the first 25 days of November 2006, WMMR paid tribute to Pierre for his 25 years of service to the station.

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/

Absolute radio played it this evening.  (Changed their name, used to be Virgin Radio - London and South East on radio or on computer via link above.)

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2008, 04:51:29 PM »

101.9 THE GIANT

CAPE BRETON NOVA SCOTIA CANADA

http://radiocapebreton.ca/index.asp?id=107&mn=8&cc=1
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »

The DJ's here were pretty cool about the song. But just thought I'd note a fan called up today and was like "I'm gonna request a song from the OLD GNR, The good GNR, The new GNR is terrible"

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »

pierre is a god in philly. several big time musicians LOVE him, and he has more credibility than most DJs alive. many believe him to be one of the nicest people they've ever met.

What a nice guy! Making shit up to "prove his point".

Those musicians who love him, is he calling them homophobic as well?

You said it yourself, he was never a fan of the band in the first place.

He just found another reason to dislike the band and keep his hate going.

Talk about having an agenda....

/jarmo

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »

ProgramDirector@WMMR.com

Ali

I totally agree Ali. I don't think there is only really hardcore gnr fan that hasn't had to deal with at least one cancelled show. I have had to deal twice. And one of those times was a flight and hotel that I still had to pay for. And I don't blame the Band one fucking bit!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »

/jarmo

he took the cancelation as a sign of a lack of respect of the fans. all he wanted was an apology that, for whatever the reason, the fans of philadelphia were subjected to a no-show.

his e-mail is pierre@wmmr.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Robert

William Pierre Robert (born August 1, 1955) is a radio disc jockey who, since 1981, has been a highly popular on-air personality for 93.3FM WMMR in Philadelphia, one of the nation's most recognized rock music stations.

He is known as WMMR's most identifiable personality, and is often described as a hippie by many locals. Robert is also famous for addressing his listeners as "citizens", as well as saying "Great day in the morning!".

Robert also holds significant stature in the American rock music industry, where he is held in high esteem by many rock musicians and groups, many of whom have granted Robert rare interviews and appeared in person on his program.

Radio career
Pierre Robert (pronounced "row-BEAR") began his radio career at 94.9 KSAN-FM, one of the country's first progressive rock stations, in his hometown of San Francisco. When KSAN changed its format to an Urban Country & Western style in the early 1980s Robert assumed the on-air name "Will Robertson" for a brief period of time.

Not long after, Robert moved to Philadelphia where he joined WMMR.

Robert has had many positions at WMMR, which include mornings, overnights and middays. His current time slot is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. though his program frequently runs longer (an anomaly explained as "Pierre Standard Time.")

Features of his show include the "Coffee Break Music Marathon", "Pierre's Planner" and the Work Force Blocks where he plays 3 to 4 song blocks of a particular artist based on listener requests.

Robert also features the "Vinyl Cut", where he plays a track from one of the many vinyl records in the WMMR archive.

He is also known to play all 18 minutes and 20 seconds of the Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" multiple times during his annual Thanksgiving day broadcast.

Robert has admitted that he does not follow Philadelphia sports. He typically refers to all Philadelphia sports teams as "The Boys in Blue" regardless of the actual team colors.

Throughout the first 25 days of November 2006, WMMR paid tribute to Pierre for his 25 years of service to the station.

I have him an email why it's pretty lame to hold 6 year grudges all that. I can agree standing up 2 sold out shows in Philly is LAME. But so is what he's doing.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

I posted this yesterday

Send and email to the following people at 93 WMMR in Philly. They have been bashing the song. Request the shit out of it and give them the facts so they stop the lies. Steve and Preston were the guys cutting it up big time this morning and telling lies.

preston@WMMR.com
steve@WMMR.com
Pierre@WMMR.com

Matt@WMMR.com  Matt Cord is the only DJ that likes them and is freinds with Tommy so do not give him shit just request.

Pierre is a giant asshole about GNR.

We need to flood that station with request and make the upper management know we want to hear GNR CD.

I was one of the people that did not get to see the 2nd philly show becuase of it being cancelled and I could give 2 shits, that was a long time ago.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: