Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285350 times)
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1520 on: October 27, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »

Maybe the cover art we're seeing is for the single only?Huh
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1521 on: October 27, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

Wouldn't that be Awesome! I'd hadn't even thought of that.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1522 on: October 27, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »

Obviously, being the title track that's really going to introduce a lot of people to the album. This I am sure was the main reasoning for this decision. But I was also thinking over the weekend that we are still about a month away from the album coming out...just about enough time to release an even more powerful single like Better or Street of Dreams about a week before the release. What do you guys think about that?
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: October 27, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

The reason i'm throwing this out there is because if you look at previous Gn'R singles, they could pass as the actual record cover too. To me, the title wording looks really obvious, like on a single...

here are the samples from wikipedia...civil war and november rain seem to remind me of cd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Jungle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Child_o%27_Mine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_City
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightrain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patience_(Guns_N%27_Roses_song)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(song)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Cry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterdays_(song)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain%27t_It_Fun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estranged

***Sorry, some of these links aren't working properly. If you go to Wikipedia and serach for Guns n' Roses, click on discography at the bottom, and a list of singles will come up. You can see the covers for the ones listed above.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:08:48 PM by Oasis1 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1524 on: October 27, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »

New week and it's still being played on P3 in Sweden.

Monday Oct 27
12:50 Jordin Sparks/ Chris Brown "No Air"
12:55 Guns 'n' Roses "Chinese Democracy"

As you can see, it sticks out...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1525 on: October 27, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »

Wow, it's really being played with the top 40 stuff in Sweden....that's a good sign!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1526 on: October 27, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »

Obviously, being the title track that's really going to introduce a lot of people to the album. This I am sure was the main reasoning for this decision. But I was also thinking over the weekend that we are still about a month away from the album coming out...just about enough time to release an even more powerful single like Better or Street of Dreams about a week before the release. What do you guys think about that?

Yeah, i think we could easily see another single as early as around Nov 10th or so.  I think it would be a good move as well as it will draw in even more people and those who might not be big fans of CD.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1527 on: October 27, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »

does anyone know of any UK radio stations playin CD

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1528 on: October 27, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »

does anyone know of any UK radio stations playin CD

The Playlist is where most songs on daytime Radio 1 are selected from. The Playlist was last updated at 17:15 on Wednesday 22nd October 2008.

(* = new addition)

C List
* Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1529 on: October 27, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »

Yeah, i think we could easily see another single as early as around Nov 10th or so.  I think it would be a good move as well as it will draw in even more people and those who might not be big fans of CD.

No way, that would be terrible. They need to let this single stretch as far as it goes. When it starts dropping off the charts and losing major airplay, then you push another single.

You don't release 2 singles within 3 weeks of eachother, terrible marketing.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1530 on: October 27, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »

They played the entire song today on Stern coming out of a commercial break.  Everyone seemed to like it and no one bashed it at all.  It sounds so good on the radio, and it grows on me everytime I hear it.

Artie even joked that Axl should have just mixed up the songs Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves Of London instead of taking so much time to come up with something original.  (taking a stab at kid rock)

SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1531 on: October 27, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »

No way, that would be terrible. They need to let this single stretch as far as it goes. When it starts dropping off the charts and losing major airplay, then you push another single.

You really think that would be terrible marketing? why is that? Just curious.  I would think that releasing a 2nd song days before the album comes out (esspecially better or steet of dreams) would be the final push that fence sitters need on whether or not they are going to buy to album.

Lots of people know more about how the music industry works than me, I'll admit that for sure, but would you mind explaining why that would be so bad? I just dont see it.
Olorin
« Reply #1532 on: October 27, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

I remember at the height of Oasis mania in the UK in 1996, Dont Look Back In Anger and Wonderwall were at numbers 1 and 2 in the charts or something. The played both songs on Top Of The Pops on the same show, think that was the only time that happened.

I think 3 songs were in the top 40, they just rode the cresent wave of that whole Britpop explosion.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #1533 on: October 27, 2008, 02:32:13 PM »

Hi all,

I was just wondering if people think it likely that there will be a music video for CD or another song?
Also, for a single to chart in the uk it needs to have download and/or physical CD sales - I know there was rumour that this may happen today (27th) on some of the news articles???

Any ideas...?

Back In Power
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1534 on: October 27, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

You really think that would be terrible marketing? why is that? Just curious.  I would think that releasing a 2nd song days before the album comes out (esspecially better or steet of dreams) would be the final push that fence sitters need on whether or not they are going to buy to album.

Lots of people know more about how the music industry works than me, I'll admit that for sure, but would you mind explaining why that would be so bad? I just dont see it.

One could argue that the album is going to sell excellent off the bat no matter what, so releasing another song right away could be a "waste"?  So why not wait until the album is out, then release another song that would then help sustain the album sales.   However I do believe they released Dont Cry pretty much right around the release date of the Illusions, so you could be on to something in that regard. I would imagine another single release will happen around the release date.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1535 on: October 27, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »

Days before. Not weeks before. I think Nov. 10th is a week too soon.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1536 on: October 27, 2008, 03:30:46 PM »

Is WAAF in Boston still playing it?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1537 on: October 27, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

All this talk about releasing another single before Nov 23rd, implying the weakness of CD as the first single... I just don't get it.  This song blows me away.  There's that signature GNR edge and intensity to it and it's infectious -- my wife loved it on 1st listen (and her favorite artists are Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder), so I don't buy into the idea that only hardcore fans would get into this song.  They need to ride this song hard, it fucking ROCKS!!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1538 on: October 27, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »

All this talk about releasing another single before Nov 23rd, implying the weakness of CD as the first single... I just don't get it.  

What? You don't get the fact that some GN'R fans are never happy?

"We need a new album/song"

* new song arrives along with album release date *

"We need another new song now!".

/jarmo

Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1539 on: October 27, 2008, 03:46:27 PM »

All this talk about releasing another single before Nov 23rd, implying the weakness of CD as the first single... I just don't get it.  This song blows me away.  There's that signature GNR edge and intensity to it and it's infectious -- my wife loved it on 1st listen (and her favorite artists are Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder), so I don't buy into the idea that only hardcore fans would get into this song.  They need to ride this song hard, it fucking ROCKS!!

I, like most fans, don't think CD sucks, but average listeners & all those smart-ass DJ's could get a better hint what album is going to truly be, if a song like Catcher in the rye came out.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: