Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 303990 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1500 on: October 26, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »

Fuck the guy from Nazareth!

That's right, I don't even know his name!

Whistling?  It's obvious this guy is an amateur.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1501 on: October 26, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »

Why do people not understand when Axl is singing in a lower range?

yeah, this really annoying me too.

I listened to Its so easy and brownstone yesterday, and compared the voice to chinese democracy, and to be honest there is really no difference in the style of voice axl uses. if anything, i think his voice sounds better, more mature if you knw what i mean.

Even on shacklers, his low voice is amazing, just so perfect for that song.

I think if another song was chose to premier the album, which showcased axl's voice better, it would be a different story. If IRS was the single, people would shit themselves at axl's scream at the end.....instead we're trying to convince the public that axls still has it.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Olorin
« Reply #1502 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »

Well he replied today after I responded to him, I apologised for  being rude in the first instance and  I more or less sent an essay on how I thought he was wrong and unfairly people in the media treat Axl, as well as the variety of music that will be on the new album.

Here's his reply:

Well said.
Now I'm really looking forward to hearing the album.
No need to apologise, it's obvious you're a true GN'R fan and Axl has been getting it in the neck a lot recently.
Thanks for being a good sport, whatever your name is!

Cheers,

Billy. (aka- William, Willie, Bill, and occasionally Dick!)

I signed off as Richard in my first message, he called me Dick in his reply. I signed off as Dick in my second message and addressed him as William, my Email would have come Ross - which is my first name - I become Richard, another name,  when I'm on my high horse. Just to incase you wonder why he signed off like that lol.

Anyway, this guy is Billy Rankin who used to be in Nazerath.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1503 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »

Well he replied today after I responded to him, I apologised for  being rude in the first instance and  I more or less sent an essay on how I thought he was wrong and unfairly people in the media treat Axl, as well as the variety of music that will be on the new album.

Here's his reply:

Well said.
Now I'm really looking forward to hearing the album.
No need to apologise, it's obvious you're a true GN'R fan and Axl has been getting it in the neck a lot recently.
Thanks for being a good sport, whatever your name is!

Cheers,

Billy. (aka- William, Willie, Bill, and occasionally Dick!)

I signed off as Richard in my first message, he called me Dick in his reply. I signed off as Dick in my second message and addressed him as William, my Email would have come Ross - which is my first name - I become Richard, another name,  when I'm on my high horse. Just to incase you wonder why he signed off like that lol.

Anyway, this guy is Billy Rankin who used to be in Nazerath.

if its billy rankin from rock radio in scotland, then thats a shame he feels that way. The station is really good.

My dad said he was flaming axl (and GnR fans too) yesterday as well, saying th new single was crap etc.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1504 on: October 26, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »

Chinese Democracy is now #8 on the mainstream rock charts and #19 on the active rock charts... not bad for it's first week  beer

Let's hope this keeps up!
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #1505 on: October 26, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »

Man, I have just been flamed by a dj who once was part of Nazerath, for emailing him my displeasure at him slagging Axl on air for singing in a low octave, as this was surely an example of his poor vocal range that it isnt what it used to be.
Apparentaly I have no right to call him out on this as when he played LA "they always came down to say hello, drink all our Jack Daniels and be front row singing along to all our songs."

?We were asked to play at Axl's wedding, but were unable to do so due to touring commitments.?

"I, like many others have been eagerly awaiting 'Chinese Democracy' and am frankly disappointed in the title track at least.
All I said was Axl's vocal range is not as it used to be, cos it's not!
(Play it then put on 'My Michelle' for proof.)
This is however to be expected as William is getting on a bit"

oh fuck it, heres more:

"As for the guitar solo, a one-armed monkey with it's other arm removed could play that!
The song's intro sounds like Zodiac Mindwarp's 'Prime Mover' and unlike classic GN'R songs, it doesn't have a 'tune'.
And before you attempt to argue that this isn't important, I can assure you it is to the majority of people with ears. (Go on, try whistling it, I dare you. You can't.)?

I have responded appropriately and tried to broaden his view with some of the knowledge and high opinion people have of Axl, Guns N Roses and the new material.

I await his responce, so lets give the guy a chance.

I basically called him out as a fucking arsehole in my first corraspondence which would have hurt his pride, and I replied with a softer tone - it will be interesting to read his reply. I was a bit of a dick in the first instance, well, high and mighty any way ? i sent ?sailing? via email for him to hear old Axls range and he took umbridge.

He said a lot, some of it well out of order - but he might reply in  a softer tone, so we'll see.

A one armed monkey could play the guitar solo?!

Has he ever heard the guitar solo to his own song - "Love Hurts". That is the most boring easy guitar solo ever written!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Annie
« Reply #1506 on: October 26, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

Man, I have just been flamed by a dj who once was part of Nazerath, for emailing him my displeasure at him slagging Axl on air for singing in a low octave, as this was surely an example of his poor vocal range that it isnt what it used to be.
Apparentaly I have no right to call him out on this as when he played LA "they always came down to say hello, drink all our Jack Daniels and be front row singing along to all our songs."

?We were asked to play at Axl's wedding, but were unable to do so due to touring commitments.?

"I, like many others have been eagerly awaiting 'Chinese Democracy' and am frankly disappointed in the title track at least.

oh fuck it, heres more:

"As for the guitar solo, a one-armed monkey with it's other arm removed could play that!
The song's intro sounds like Zodiac Mindwarp's 'Prime Mover' and unlike classic GN'R songs, it doesn't have a 'tune'.
And before you attempt to argue that this isn't important, I can assure you it is to the majority of people with ears. (Go on, try whistling it, I dare you. You can't.)?

I have responded appropriately and tried to broaden his view with some of the knowledge and high opinion people have of Axl, Guns N Roses and the new material.

I basically called him out as a fucking arsehole in my first corraspondence which would have hurt his pride, and I replied with a softer tone - it will be interesting to read his reply. I was a bit of a dick in the first instance, well, high and mighty any way ? i sent ?sailing? via email for him to hear old Axls range and he took umbridge.

He said a lot, some of it well out of order - but he might reply in  a softer tone, so we'll see.

Has he ever heard the guitar solo to his own song - "Love Hurts". That is the most boring easy guitar solo ever written!
What an idiot. I love the guitar solos.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1507 on: October 26, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »

oh fuck it, heres more:

What an idiot. I love the guitar solos.

Hmm...that's disappointing to read.  Am I correct in my interpretation that this is someone from the rock band Nazareth, and not something else (don't know WHAT else...but you never know)? 

Anyway, I love Naz.  Great band (though "Love Hurts" blows...don't judge from that song alone).  I'd love to see an Axl/Dan McCafferty collaboration...those guys were born to sing together, if you ask me.  So that's a disappointing review.  But you know jocks...always trying to make a name.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #1508 on: October 26, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »

Gah!Fuck them all. Who cares about those losers who bash Axl and GNR? Fuck them, while we are all enjoying this sweet moment they are involved with their bitter crap because that?s the only way they can do to be noticed.

Dudes, it?s less than a month,I can?t believe it!!! peace  Grin

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1509 on: October 26, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »

Gah!Fuck them all. Who cares about those losers who bash Axl and GNR? Fuck them, while we are all enjoying this sweet moment they are involved with their bitter crap because that?s the only way they can do to be noticed.

Dudes, it?s less than a month,I can?t believe it!!! peace  Grin

Well, I care...and I don't care.  I care because most people are idiots, musically, who'd listen to anything MTV and retardo jocks tell them to...so it's good to have them on "our side."  I also don't care because, as a part-time metalhead, I relish knowing that I am experiencing something that most people just don't "get."  But I'd still rather that most people "got" good music.

And I share your enthusiasm about the timeframe.  It seems like an eternity, but it'll go by quickly.  The time before Black Ice seemed like forever, too, and the time during the "X number of Tuesdays" phase and the "it's tentatively scheduled for March" phase...but there's something about knowing, with a good deal of certainty, that this IS the time and it's passing as I write this. 

Just break the time down, like I do. 

10/31: Halloween
11/3: freedom78 attends AC/DC concert, setting of "MONTH OF ROCK!"
11/4: Presidential election in the US...see Presidential election thread to verify freedom78's psychotic obsession with this
11/17: freedom78's birthday (Nostradamus predicted that my 30th would immediately preceed the coming of Chinese Democracy...seriously...check it out)

Then, you anticipate Thanksgiving, and suddenly you've got a hot, fresh cup of GNR, and you're suing Geffen because the packaging didn't say "Caution: Too Fucking Awesome".  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1510 on: October 26, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »

can someone please post a link of where I can find the new gnr logo with the black backround? Not the one that says "there back" on the bottom...thank you

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Olorin
« Reply #1511 on: October 26, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

Just for the record Billy Rankin has been very cool and he was just being a little hotheaded because I emailed him in a hotheaded manner.

He has had a different tone since I got back to him , well he is really a very nice guy to be honest and doesnt deserve any stick. He is genuinely very excited about the new album and cant wait to hear it. He wasnt impressed with the new single and thats fair enough, he did think the Back in The USSR and Sailing mp3s I sent him were pretty cool  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1512 on: October 26, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »

Looking at playlists for P3 (a national music/youth oriented radio station here in Sweden), it looks like the song has been getting some airplay since it premiered.

They've also played it several times over the weekend on their rock oriented web radio P3 Rockster.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1513 on: October 26, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »

So cant this idiot hear the backing vocals in CD? Axl sounds beter than ever.

Why sook about his Low voice? Have a listen to Bad Obsession dickhead!

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1514 on: October 26, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »

Chinese Democracy is now #8 on the mainstream rock charts and #19 on the active rock charts... not bad for it's first week  beer

Let's hope this keeps up!

Where did you see that?  I saw it's up to #11 for Mainstream over the last 7 days and #19 for Active Rock over the last 7 days.

Keep in mind that's for Oct 19th - 25th and the song didn't start playing until Oct 22nd.

Ali
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #1515 on: October 26, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »

i just looked at both rock charts from billboard and its not in the top 20. i was wondering where they saw that too
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1516 on: October 26, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »

i just looked at both rock charts from billboard and its not in the top 20. i was wondering where they saw that too

Billboard is updated weekly.  All Access is updated daily.  It's a better source for up to the day singles chart information.

Ali
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1517 on: October 26, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »

wow, I like Axl too, but people are idiots for voicing their opinions?

I didn't know that.

Great that C.D. is getting world airplay.

On billboard, I don't see where C.D. has charted yet... I'm sure it will though

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: October 27, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

With all the promotion the forum fans wanted to do last week, this is the week that will really matter.

If you want to keep pushing this song, this week (today through Saturday) will be crucial at radio. Any casual fans that may have requested the song out of pure curiosity won't be doing so this week if they were impartial to it or worse, didn't like it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1519 on: October 27, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »

Does anybody know if the Chinese Democracy (the single) will be available for purchase in stores? Curious since singles usually come with b-sides, etc...
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: