Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 303985 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1480 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »

If I am going to be pickey, the song lacks in the groove area...  I guess what I am saying is, if this was playing at a club, would bitches dance to this like they dance to SCOM, PC, You Shook Me All Night Long, Pour Some Sugar On Me, WTTJ, etc..  That isn't a bad thing, but I like a good groove too.

actually imo this version has much more groove compared to the leaked version. bumblefoot and franks style add a lot to that area.

i almost catch myself dancing to the verses. of course its not AFD but we already knew it wouldnt be!

It's not that far off though.. I mean it's definitely got some AFD elements, but with a new atmosphere. But that's what keeps it fresh.

i didn't say that as a bad thing. actually from what we have heard so far (official releases and leaks) chinese democracy seems to me like UYI II for the 21st century.

I take back what I said.... THERE IS A KICK ASS GROOVE ON THIS SONG!  This song is much improved, even if hardly changed. Its nuts.  Sounds great.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1481 on: October 25, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »

If I am going to be pickey, the song lacks in the groove area...  I guess what I am saying is, if this was playing at a club, would bitches dance to this like they dance to SCOM, PC, You Shook Me All Night Long, Pour Some Sugar On Me, WTTJ, etc..  That isn't a bad thing, but I like a good groove too.

actually imo this version has much more groove compared to the leaked version. bumblefoot and franks style add a lot to that area.

i almost catch myself dancing to the verses. of course its not AFD but we already knew it wouldnt be!

It's not that far off though.. I mean it's definitely got some AFD elements, but with a new atmosphere. But that's what keeps it fresh.

i didn't say that as a bad thing. actually from what we have heard so far (official releases and leaks) chinese democracy seems to me like UYI II for the 21st century.

I take back what I said.... THERE IS A KICK ASS GROOVE ON THIS SONG!  This song is much improved, even if hardly changed. Its nuts.  Sounds great.

I would bet that there will be a song or two on this album that has that groove your talking about.  A song that will eventually be played in a club and that you can dance to.  Its songs like this that have made GNR as big as they are. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Olorin
« Reply #1482 on: October 25, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

I dont know if its because of how much I listened to the demo and live versions, but the funky beat and bass I liked seems a little lost amongst all the guitars and effects. It always stood out to me before and gave the song a contemporary vibe.
Now the song seem more like a big punch in the face where as before it tickled and teased you before the big rocking climax.
Its good, but sometimes less is more, I wonder if this would have been dressed up to the extent it has if that other version hadnt leaked, particuarly the new vocal layer. I suppose its the evolution of the song, I love the intro and oriental melody that builds up the anticipation, I get pissed off when its cut out on the radio  - its hardly a long song. It'll be great to hear it at a live show, now everybody can get into it instead of just the online geeks.

I have a new appreciation of how fucked off they must have been with the leakers, that "demo" was not that far away from this finished version and that must have been a bitter blow when it hit the net.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:23:13 PM by Olorin » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1483 on: October 25, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »

I love Axl's vocal's oh man sounds so good to my ear's !!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #1484 on: October 25, 2008, 03:36:18 PM »

I love Axl's vocal's oh man sounds so good to my ear's !!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Probably the only thing that I don't like about the track is the vocals - they've buried the high pitched Axl too low down in the mix and it's making some DJs and listeners believe that Axl can't sing high like he used to.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1485 on: October 25, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »

Probably the only thing that I don't like about the track is the vocals - they've buried the high pitched Axl too low down in the mix and it's making some DJs and listeners believe that Axl can't sing high like he used to.

Let them think that... just wait 'til the album drops and they'll shut the fuck up.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1486 on: October 25, 2008, 04:05:24 PM »

Let them think that... just wait 'til the album drops and they'll shut the fuck up.

Just go listen to Knockin' On Heaven's Door, its the same style vocal. People just dont know what they are talking about.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1487 on: October 25, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »

do we know if cd is just a radio single? any information IF it will be available as a single for people who wanna buy it?

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1488 on: October 25, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »

I think someone stated that it will be on I Tunes wed ?? not sure if that's confirmed or not ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1489 on: October 25, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »

Now that I've listened to the song approx 1000 times.....

My fav parts are

The sliding guitar

"Vew my DIS IN FAT U A TION"

"Cause it would take a lot more hate/time then YOU..."

And I still wanna know what those dang chinese people are saying at the beginning!

I have gunsnroses.com up at all times now, keep refreshing to hear the song over and over hihi  Its the best quality that I've found so far.

Dear lord, I can't wait for the entire album to come out!!!!  love

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1490 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »

My fav parts are

The sliding guitar

"Cause it would take a lot more time then YOU..."

And I still wanna know what those dang chinese people are saying at the beginning!

I have gunsnroses.com up at all times now, keep refreshing to hear the song over and over hihi  Its the best quality that I've found so far.

isntead of refreshing the official site all the time you can just go to their myspace and listen to the song and set the player on repeat ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1491 on: October 25, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

My fav parts are

The sliding guitar

"Cause it would take a lot more time then YOU..."

isntead of refreshing the official site all the time you can just go to their myspace and listen to the song and set the player on repeat ok

Can't do that on my work VPN Sad  Myspace is blocked.  I'm listening to CD and firing off work emails at the same time.  Kinda like the attitude that it puts in my responses  rofl

Thanks for the tip though, as soon as I'm done, I'm goin there Grin

Evolution
« Reply #1492 on: October 25, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »

Good point. The way "can't hold on now" is delivered at the end of the first verse is superb! Staccato attitude!
EstrangedNightrain
Opening Act

« Reply #1493 on: October 25, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »

The more I listen to this final version the more I like it.  It's fresh, love the vocal layers and intro.  It's pretty annoying that the DJs that  played it that I've heard write it off as nothing good with comments like "so we waited 15 years for this and a bicycle with a basket, at least we get a free Dr. Pepper out of it" or "now we can look forward to the original Gnr reunion".  Damn the album isn't even out yet give it a chance.  If this song was from the original GNR they'd be like what a diverse sound and praise it for expanding their musical style.  I guess we all knew this would happen though, whatever I'm loving it.
Olorin
« Reply #1494 on: October 25, 2008, 09:07:43 PM »

Man, I have just been flamed by a dj who once was part of Nazerath, for emailing him my displeasure at him slagging Axl on air for singing in a low octave, as this was surely an example of his poor vocal range that it isnt what it used to be.
Apparentaly I have no right to call him out on this as when he played LA "they always came down to say hello, drink all our Jack Daniels and be front row singing along to all our songs."

?We were asked to play at Axl's wedding, but were unable to do so due to touring commitments.?

"I, like many others have been eagerly awaiting 'Chinese Democracy' and am frankly disappointed in the title track at least.
All I said was Axl's vocal range is not as it used to be, cos it's not!
(Play it then put on 'My Michelle' for proof.)
This is however to be expected as William is getting on a bit"

oh fuck it, heres more:

"As for the guitar solo, a one-armed monkey with it's other arm removed could play that!
The song's intro sounds like Zodiac Mindwarp's 'Prime Mover' and unlike classic GN'R songs, it doesn't have a 'tune'.
And before you attempt to argue that this isn't important, I can assure you it is to the majority of people with ears. (Go on, try whistling it, I dare you. You can't.)?

I have responded appropriately and tried to broaden his view with some of the knowledge and high opinion people have of Axl, Guns N Roses and the new material.

I await his responce, so lets give the guy a chance.

I basically called him out as a fucking arsehole in my first corraspondence which would have hurt his pride, and I replied with a softer tone - it will be interesting to read his reply. I was a bit of a dick in the first instance, well, high and mighty any way ? i sent ?sailing? via email for him to hear old Axls range and he took umbridge.

He said a lot, some of it well out of order - but he might reply in  a softer tone, so we'll see.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1495 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »

Can't whistle it?? I just did!!

Yup, he's an idiot.

Olorin
« Reply #1496 on: October 25, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »

Well I cant for laughing, ever tried whistling when laughing? hihi

xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #1497 on: October 25, 2008, 11:23:21 PM »

Personally not a big fan of the track.  I understand leading off with it since it is the cd's title track, however I hope they follow up with something like Better or TWAT.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1498 on: October 25, 2008, 11:33:40 PM »

Gotta say I'm not the track's biggest fan.   

To be fair, I have not spend a lot of time listening to the new version.  In fact I've given it single digit listens.  I'm looking forward to hearing it on CD in decent quality though and waiting to make a proper decision based on that, rather than a low bit rate audio stream of hearing it on the radio.

I have to say though, I've been hearing a LOT of GNR on the radio over the last few days, much good news.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: October 26, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »

Why do people not understand when Axl is singing in a lower range?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: