Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 286093 times)
jar of dirt
Opening Act

this is not a tangerine bicycle

« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2008, 01:00:40 AM »

Hello all, I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile now and wanted to join in on the excitement. The song is awesome and the wife agrees.
Even my brother sent me a text message this morning telling me he just heard it and said that it was fuckin badass.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2008, 01:03:02 AM »

Hello all, I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile now and wanted to join in on the excitement. The song is awesome and the wife agrees.
Even my brother sent me a text message this morning telling me he just heard it and said that it was fuckin badass.

Welcome to the party fellow Gunner!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:15 AM »

Even my girlfriend likes it. Till now the only songs of GnR she listens to is NR, DC and Estranged... And now CD...  beer

I can't stop listening to it and I will be the very first to buy it everywhere it's possible.  drool
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2008, 01:20:37 AM »

Of course there were the haters to be expected, but really, I think the reaction has overall been very good.   Am I seeing it right?
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »

I would say the overall reaction is good yes. A lot of people like this song.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #1225 on: October 23, 2008, 01:24:33 AM »

I just heard it on the radio again!!!  I hope they play the hell out of this song  beer

Ready to Crash and Burn
BattleCatX
Opening Act

I'm a Cat!

« Reply #1226 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:53 AM »

I did a little write up on my blog about this? long time lurker, not a frequent poster but.. I had to say SOMETHING!

http://hangarcatblues.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-gnr-single-released-today.html

Today Rock Radio received Chinese Democracy, the first single of the equally titled album from Guns N' Roses.. from a slobbering fanboy perspective, do you know how long I've been waiting to say that? 14 years, 14 years of silence, 14 years of pain, 14 years that are gone forever and I'll never have again.

I did something I hadn't done in a long time, I switched to CJay92 (Sorry X92.9, I'll be right back) and sat through the braying jackasses to find the song, that within minutes, got played on the radio.... Glorious! I pulled over to the side of the road, and sang along.. why? because I've had the live version since 2002! I've had the bootlegs since '05, so I know the goddamn song! and you know what? on Nov 23rd I'm gonna be one of the many asswipes that are gonna physically walk into Best Buy to pick up a copy, to fulfill a promise made to a pimply, long haired, high school boy that he would be there when it got released. I don't have an iTunes account, I'm not gonna buy the record, I'm just gonna buy one copy and listen to it, in my car, all the way home.... the way I was intended to, years ago.

Not only is the single out, but gunsnroses.com was updated and is streaming the single ad infinitum, there's a full press release from the Band at Rollingstone.com and Best Buy is taking pre-orders.

To the ex-girlfriend who laughed at me for sitting through a whole MTV VMAS just to hear a 5 second snippet on the End of Days soundtrack, to all those who say "It's not the same without Slash" (You're right but it doesn't stop it from this being GNR) to all the true believers and the ones that let me have my little fanboy GNR moments either by standing with me as I sang along to every song at a GNR concert or to just let me borrow the TV when I didn't have cable to watch Axl at the VMAS...and finally, to all those Americans about to receive a free Dr. Pepper....

This song is dedicated to All the Guns n' fuckin' Roses fans
Who stuck with us through all the
Fucking shit
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Chinese Democracy has begun... holy shit, I can't believe I can say that.

Thanks Axl.
From a fan who never lost hope.
GNR2K8

Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1227 on: October 23, 2008, 01:59:51 AM »

Listening to the feed from the GNR site with some quality headphones, perhaps a few too many times. To finally hear all the nuances in the art. I especially dig the layered vocal parts, and I swear I hear some cowbell. Considering how tattered my Hammerstein tee is looking, it's a great time for all this. With CD and the new Tecmo Bowl for DS both arriving in November, it's like I'm in 10th grade again. Next thing you know, I'll be hanging out back of the folk's old place sneaking a smoke. Thanks a bunch to Axl and the band! Cheers to a new batch of quality GNR material, and the new era that dawns with it.  ok
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1228 on: October 23, 2008, 02:03:47 AM »

i love the Axls voice we can hear in the song, the one that its low,his classic one,interlace with the higher one.
domingo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1229 on: October 23, 2008, 03:20:51 AM »

when can i buy it? any notice about the cover? any b side?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:04 AM »

No one knows for sure. I heard maybe the 27th but nothing official.
gav
« Reply #1231 on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:03 AM »

It's been nearly 20 years since I've bought a single!

Are physical singles still released, and surely if so there will be a 'B side' track?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1232 on: October 23, 2008, 03:39:14 AM »

Of course there were the haters to be expected, but really, I think the reaction has overall been very good.   Am I seeing it right?

yeah i was listening to the new york rock station all day today they played it several times...had people call in...I called in and talked to the dj(not sure if it actually they aired it or not) but I talked to the DJ about how if Appetite never came out and that was the record that they put out this year people would still criticize it...they would rip on Jungle, Sweet Child etc...for taking so long to come out.. but the overall reaction has been positive..i heard a negative call hear and there but mostly positive...all the negatives were the typical ones you would expect..."it doesnt sound like GNR" "it took too long to come out"...but most callers said it rocked...and kept requesting it...I heard several leaks of Chinese Democracy and this was by FAR the best version...love the added vocals and guitars....
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1233 on: October 23, 2008, 03:44:11 AM »

It's been nearly 20 years since I've bought a single!

Are physical singles still released, and surely if so there will be a 'B side' track?

A B-side and I'll buy it immediately. Only C.D. and I'll wait for the CD (no pun intended).

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1234 on: October 23, 2008, 03:44:15 AM »

yeah i was listening to the new york rock station all day today they played it several times...had people call in...I called in and talked to the dj(not sure if it actually they aired it or not) but I talked to the DJ about how if Appetite never came out and that was the record that they put out this year people would still criticize it...they would rip on Jungle, Sweet Child etc...for taking so long to come out.. but the overall reaction has been positive..i heard a negative call hear and there but mostly positive...all the negatives were the typical ones you would expect..."it doesnt sound like GNR" "it took too long to come out"...but most callers said it rocked...and kept requesting it...I heard several leaks of Chinese Democracy and this was by FAR the best version...love the added vocals and guitars....

That's music to my ears.

But the one thing that worries is me if it's all the diehards and internet nerds calling in.

I hope not!  I hope the callers praising the song are casual listeners/new fans.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1235 on: October 23, 2008, 03:47:25 AM »

havent heard on the radion in New Zealand yet, but the album announcement has been big news

loving the song - Ron and the rather more organic sound has made the world of difference

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1236 on: October 23, 2008, 04:00:12 AM »

That's music to my ears.

But the one thing that worries is me if it's all the diehards and internet nerds calling in.

I hope not!  I hope the callers praising the song are casual listeners/new fans.

I am pretty sure it it the regular radio listeners, I have need to call in , but I will take the online polls. for requesting!

Edit to fix quote!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:45:37 AM by Jim » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #1237 on: October 23, 2008, 04:09:41 AM »

Does anyone know if the UK are getting a proper release? Heard it on Radio 1 yesterday - reaction was actually quite good, compared to what I was expecting!
However, UK radio rarely promotes a single if there is no physical single release date... and then it hits the charts the week of actual release (i,e, when download and physical CD single sales start coming in).

Also, any plans for a music video - I've seen rumours, but isn't a music video normally available before radio get the song?

Cheers, Bob

Back In Power
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1238 on: October 23, 2008, 04:22:20 AM »

For the average listeners who think "Chinese Democracy" kicks ass, I can't wait until those people hear the big guns after the album is released!!!

I swear I've probably listened to the radio more in the last 24 hours than I have at any other point in my life--- and man, rock music sure does suck ass nowadays. Other than "CD," I think the only good rock songs I've heard on the radio have been songs that were recorded 15 years ago or more. All the music nowadays sounds so generic and lifeless (and who the fuck is out there buying Fall Out Boy albums!? Seriously!!). There's no other song out there that grabs the listener by the balls like "Chinese Democracy." Hopefully radio stations will continue to play the song even after the initial I-wonder-what-it-sounds-like? interest has died down. This song deserves to be a hit because it has no competition. But, of course, the general public is often retarded and can't recognize when a song is truly great. It's like the whole "to be a genius is to be misunderstood" thing.

Judging from what a lot of us have said, as well as non-GNR fans, the song gets better and better the more you listen to it. I think that's a great sign as to whether or not this song could race its way up the charts. Too often nowadays you hear a song that you think is pretty good, but then after a few more listens you'll like "eh, I've had enough." "Chinese Democracy," on the other hand, is so complex, and offers so many different things at one time, that it's like it takes our brains awhile to fully digest it. Even if this song was played around the clock for weeks, I don't think it'd be possible for people to get sick or bored of it.

Here Today . . .
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1239 on: October 23, 2008, 04:31:19 AM »

I posted the link to www.gunsnroses.com on a sports message board today, and most of the reaction sounds like this:

"I really didn't think I'd like this, but it's really good."

i did the same but on a festivalmessage board and some dude was like "i was prepared to hate this but it was pretty fkn awesome"

then in a thread that is like "what song are you listening to?"

i said i was listening to CD and he waslike "yeah me too, 4th time in a row now"

Grin
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: