Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285867 times)
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

so i take it with everywhere streaming it now and atmo no lawers shuting down websites... next month is actually happening then?
i dont know quite what to say!

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

so i take it with everywhere streaming it now and atmo no lawers shuting down websites... next month is actually happening then?
i dont know quite what to say!

It is not really happening...this is all a dream...you will wake up soon....

Tongue )

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »

listening right now on german radio!! ok

Please specify the station in case other fans in Germany wanna listen. Wink

/jarmo

the station is called Einslive. i think it`s approachable everywhere in Nordrhein-Westfalen peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »

For anyone that's interested, this logo was 'attached' to the 'Chinese Democracy' song sent to radio this morning.

http://www.dmds.com/dmds/data/upload/34481_GnRLOGO Color Cropped_Primary.jpg

Glad to see they dropped the "&" and reverted to the classic "n'"

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Splash
Headliner

« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

Same.. the "&" doesn't suit Sad
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

So people have been slagging Axl's range or lack thereof based on this song? FFS the multitracked vocals don't show enough range as it is?  confused
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #906 on: October 22, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »

WRIF.COM or 101.1 fm has finally started playing it in Detroit.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #907 on: October 22, 2008, 11:05:48 AM »

listening right now on german radio!! ok

Please specify the station in case other fans in Germany wanna listen. Wink

/jarmo

the station is called Einslive. i think it`s approachable everywhere in Nordrhein-Westfalen peace

or on www.einslive.de

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #908 on: October 22, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

So people have been slagging Axl's range or lack thereof based on this song? FFS the multitracked vocals don't show enough range as it is?  confused

Ya, Wont they be in for a bit of a surprise when Better comes out as the next release (most likely)

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #909 on: October 22, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »

It's getting played in St. Louis on The Point.  Of course I had to go into work but they sounded excited to have it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #910 on: October 22, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »

Love the song. Very heavy and neat. It's been played in Norwegian state-channels a lot.

Missing the change to the screeching voice at the end Axl used to do live but apart from that I love it peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #911 on: October 22, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

It's getting played in St. Louis on The Point.  Of course I had to go into work but they sounded excited to have it.

What the hell's wrong with KSHE they haven't played it...  They have the Brain interview up in the news section, but no Chinese Democracy yet !!!  rant
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #912 on: October 22, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »

Just played on national radio here in Denmark. The station is called P3.

Lot of hype building up to it. Announcers/DJs clearly liked it and had heard it beforehand ("twice!").

But then.. in the studio to "comment" on it afterwards they had the most idiotic reviewer to ever grace the Danish press - Steffen Jungersen - I know him from days as a freelancer. He's a joke. Completely.

And also - INTERESTING - that guy from The Storm (the band that Fortus played for and toured with).

Both of them KILLED the song.

Jungersen said it sounded like any generic American rock band and one from 10 years ago, a mixture of other bands and Marilyn Manson (?). The guy from The Storm breathed very heavily.. I don't think he wanted to.. anyway; he said that "have we waited 15 years for this?"

Jungersen also added that the teaser chorus.. turns out to BE the chorus.

Anyway, them saying this RIGHT after the first airplay is pretty much a death penalty for GNR here.  Buuuut, good reviews are trickling in from listeners, somewhere around 60/40..

The funny thing is, that Jungersen has always had it in for Rose (hates him, loves the old GNR) and gave the Roskilde 2006 show 2 stars in what was the ultimate football safety in rock journalism in this country (a piss poor written review). The show amazing. Anyway, he's been warming up to this day or so I've heard too... forever.

Also, I love the "Axl has no range anymore so his voiced is all hidden in 'effects'"....  hihi

I love it. Love the prison-doors-slamming drum sound in the intro (yay!), love the lyrics and the whole package. Still not an obvious first single (Better would have won 90% over - it's original, sounds like NOTHING else and it still has that Axl hook/sound), but maybe THERE is a plan behind all this..

peace

/RF

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »

Here in Los Angeles were AXL lives...  
I was listening to KROQ's "Mark and Brian show". They started playing Chinese Democracy then for no reason stopped playing it and basically dissed AXL and said it sounds like GNR but a little late...  not even to finish the song... these guys are a waste of time, I'm so pissed....

Mark and Brian SUCK D*#k  or Bean who ever they suck
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:37:36 AM by Luigi » Logged

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Annie
« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2008, 11:20:46 AM »

I was listening to KROQ's "Mark and Brian show". They started playing Chinese Democracy then for no reason stopped playing it and basically dissed AXL and said it sounds like GNR but a little late...  not even to finish the song... these guys are a waste of time, I'm so pissed....  
ASSHOLES! rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant. The DJ in Chicago LOVED IT!
Splash
Headliner

« Reply #915 on: October 22, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »

what a bunch of tasteless clowns
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #916 on: October 22, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

Phone Lines:
Business line (323) 930-1067
Afro line (323) 520-AFRO
Request line (800) 520-1067

Feel free to drop them a line........... or hit up any of their other DJ's here (they don't seem to have e-mail addresses listed for those two)

Kevin@kroq.com
Bean@kroq.com
Ralph@kroq.com
Lightning@kroq.com
Lisa@kroq.com
Kat@kroq.com
Jed@kroq.com
Stryker@kroq.com
Nicole@kroq.com
Rodneyontheroq@kroq.com
Jason@kroq.com
Sluggo@kroq.com
John@kroq.com
Savage@kroq.com
Kurt@kroq.com

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #917 on: October 22, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »

Just played on national radio here in Denmark. The station is called P3.

Lot of hype building up to it. Announcers/DJs clearly liked it and had heard it beforehand ("twice!").

But then.. in the studio to "comment" on it afterwards they had the most idiotic reviewer to ever grace the Danish press - Steffen Jungersen - I know him from days as a freelancer. He's a joke. Completely.

And also - INTERESTING - that guy from The Storm (the band that Fortus played for and toured with).

Both of them KILLED the song.

Jungersen said it sounded like any generic American rock band and one from 10 years ago, a mixture of other bands and Marilyn Manson (?). The guy from The Storm breathed very heavily.. I don't think he wanted to.. anyway; he said that "have we waited 15 years for this?"

Jungersen also added that the teaser chorus.. turns out to BE the chorus.

Anyway, them saying this RIGHT after the first airplay is pretty much a death penalty for GNR here.  Buuuut, good reviews are trickling in from listeners, somewhere around 60/40..

The funny thing is, that Jungersen has always had it in for Rose (hates him, loves the old GNR) and gave the Roskilde 2006 show 2 stars in what was the ultimate football safety in rock journalism in this country (a piss poor written review). The show amazing. Anyway, he's been warming up to this day or so I've heard too... forever.

Also, I love the "Axl has no range anymore so his voiced is all hidden in 'effects'"....  hihi

I love it. Love the prison-doors-slamming drum sound in the intro (yay!), love the lyrics and the whole package. Still not an obvious first single (Better would have won 90% over - it's original, sounds like NOTHING else and it still has that Axl hook/sound), but maybe THERE is a plan behind all this..

peace

/RF

Hahaha.. do you think he will say that about his voice after hearing Rihad? haha

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #918 on: October 22, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »

Let them know what you think.

It's one thing to say you don't like a song because it's not your cup of tea, but to disrespect the listeners that way is embarrassing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #919 on: October 22, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »

A lot of these DJ's obviously have a personal problem with Axl Rose. Jealousy obviously is a big thing. Plus Axl doesn't exactly make friends with the press. Never has never will.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: