Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 286532 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #700 on: October 22, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »

I just got home from work and missed all if this. is any station replaying the song online at all antime soon?

peace
WAAF is playing it at the top of each hour.  And by that they mean, sometime after 7, etc.  After the 9 o'clock hour they're supposed to have Aaron Lewis of Staind on to discuss the song, if that appeals to anyone.  It'll be interesting to get a take from a musician instead of all these critics who don't know much.  I would imagine he'll have a positive review and maybe the listeners will be swayed then.  "Oh Aaron Lewis likes it and he's a singer?  It must be good then, I guess I like it now".  You know how some people can't make up their own minds.

They just played the track again, not quite as much discussion about it this time around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #701 on: October 22, 2008, 07:31:58 AM »

Do you think Chinese Democracy will be added to GN'R's Myspace page anytime soon?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #702 on: October 22, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »

I'm not gonna be able to stay around to hear what Aaron says so could someone drop me a message to let me know so i don't have to read through whoknows how many pages to find out.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #703 on: October 22, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »

I wonder what NME knows maybe the press release we've all been expecting.
same here... what else do they know Huh

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #704 on: October 22, 2008, 07:34:35 AM »

Hey East Coasters, what are the people saying now?

Any news?

They played it an WAAF again and didn't say too much this time.  They mentioned the supposed release date of 11/23 and said it should be available on iTunes on 11/25, if you believe what you read.  Also mentioned Brian May being on one track, Buckethead, Robin being on the album, and that Axl put together all these musicans and we'll see how they compare to the old band.  That was about it, this time around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sukeberon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #705 on: October 22, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »

Wow... I can't stop listening to it... Magnificent... Can't wait for the rest of the album...

Democracy is finally coming to all of us...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #706 on: October 22, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »

A little time to digest now... All things considered... the "comments" on WAAF weren't really that bad (% wise at least)... especially when you consider that most people who call a morning show are simply looking to get a few laughs from the host. The hosts were mildly misinformed... but generally supported the track (especially the music). The fact that a good solid 30-35% of the calls were positive was a good sign too IMHO considering it was a "first time" listen for a few of them I would assume. I really think this track will grow on people as the day and week rolls on. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #707 on: October 22, 2008, 07:45:21 AM »

Power97 just played it and the DJ's love it

We heard a new track of guns n roses

"i like it"
"lets break it down"

"awesome sound!" - fan caller
"the intro is ok, its like a concert"
"its like foreplay, whats it gonna be like!: LOL!
"i like the intro guitar!"
"then i go, COME ON! *guitar break in*
"thats a cool opening riff, i like that"
"classic axl scream in the start!"
"i kinda like this new sound"
"14 years, over do it?, maybe"
"i will say this, when he errr the guitar solo is crucial, not a bad guitar play, not as recognisable as slash, its a really good song"
"can we just be faithful?!"
"im thankful we're getting our dr pepper"
"you know what i like?, you said ACDC, Guns N' Roses are coming back to save rock n roll!!!!!!!

(transcript bit from mygnr Smiley)

Mostly very positive good to see!
overmatik
« Reply #708 on: October 22, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »

On q1043 we can hear it on demand. I just loved this new version, and if the new guitar that plays along the song is Ron's work, so I must say that this guy saved the song and may be more im portant to this band that i thought...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:48:15 AM by overmatik » Logged
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #709 on: October 22, 2008, 07:46:26 AM »

i would seriously recommedn listening to stream with a good set of headphones!!!!!!

FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the song is so fuckin' heavy, the guitars are fuckin' HUGE (not paul huge  hihi ).

my own bug bare is that you can't really hear the plinky plonk glockespeil in the verse (anyone else know what i'm on about.

enjoy it everyone, this is axls's time, this is our time.....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #710 on: October 22, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »

It'll be played on Danish P3 between the hours 16 and 17. As most people are in their cars on the way home.

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #711 on: October 22, 2008, 07:49:24 AM »

just heard it and all i can say is wow!!!!!

this will blow people away!

PS nice to hear that tommy is actually a member of the band! Wink

homo homini lupus...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #712 on: October 22, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »

I went back and listened to the Rock In Rio 3 version and then listened to the proper studio version.

The song has improved by leaps and bounds over its antiquated ancestor.

This is definitely a track RON THAL shines on!  He put some clothes on what was once a naked song. 
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #713 on: October 22, 2008, 07:50:48 AM »

its been on bbc radio one in the UK at least 3 times allready today and getin lots of postive texts from people!
Just wait till they hear if the world! or even better!
this things going to go down a storm no matter what the near haters say in the past, there still millions fans out there!

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #714 on: October 22, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »

I wonder what NME knows maybe the press release we've all been expecting.

I would hazard a guess that anything the NME cites as a "major announcement" - will be info lifted from these or other GnR boards, which will also contain mistakes (its what they've done in the past regarding most if not all GnR articles/news).  I HUGLY doubt they'll be telling anything new.  I could of course be wrong, but with chinese democracy on the radio today - who gives a fk what the nme write!

Agreed! Doubt they know anything but will keep an eye on the site just in case!!

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #715 on: October 22, 2008, 07:55:10 AM »

AC/DC, Motley Crue, Metallica have all released new albums recently, and yet they all sound exactly the same as they did many years ago. They're playing the new Metallica song as I'm typing this, and you'd never know it was a "new" song.

"Chinese Democracy" sounds nothing like anything Guns N' Roses has ever done before, which is why a lot of people won't like it at first--- just like people didn't like the UYI albums because they didn't sound like AFD. Axl has never allowed his music to grow stale; he's always adapting, evolving, developing a new sound. More reason why I think "Chinese Democracy" was a great pick for a first single is because, even though it's very different than what people are expecting, I don't think it's as drastic a change as some of the other new tracks, like "TWAT," for example. "Chinese Democracy" is a good song to get people accustomed to the new sound of Guns N' Roses.

This isn't even going to be one of the better tracks on the album, and it already kicks more ass than any other rock song I've heard on the radio in several years.

Here Today . . .
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #716 on: October 22, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »

Gonna be played here in Halifax/Canada. in 3 minutes. They are hyping it up here pretty good. Halifax has always been very PRO Guns N Roses.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #717 on: October 22, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

I just got home from work and am listening to a finnish rock station and emailed them too that sweden played it already  hihi we'll see what happens..  peace

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #718 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:36 AM »

Gonna be played here in Halifax/Canada. in 3 minutes. They are hyping it up here pretty good. Halifax has always been very PRO Guns N Roses.

Would that be the Q?  I've been waiting all morning...in class now...crap!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #719 on: October 22, 2008, 08:02:37 AM »

Cheers to Halifax.  beer
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: