Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 303829 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #960 on: October 22, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/146706-new-music-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-stream

New Music: Guns 'N Roses: "Chinese Democracy" [Stream]

Wow, it's happening: Axl Rose really might wind up putting out this thing. Very early this morning, the title track from the once thought never-to-be-completed opus was played on New York's Q104.3, and right now they're streaming it. I have to admit that I haven't followed each twist and turn of every leak, so I can't say for sure how this allegedly final version of the tune stacks up. The important thing is it's there for you to listen to and no one is going to jail for hosting it. Have at it. (via Idolator)

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/10/vote-for-or-aga.html

The first minute of the 4:40 running time consists of get-the-juices-flowing sound effects; finally, a minute and a half in, we get an abridged version of that patented Axl scream, and then what feels like the buildup to a great refrain,but turns out to really be the refrain, which is moderately memorable at best. Some nice Slash-Who? soloing kicks in at just past the three-minute point, but it?s not nearly the catharsis the song seems (or needs) to be building toward.

The track isn?t yet available for official download, having only been released to radio?where, we?re hearing, the reaction among morning jocks and their listeners this morning has been very mixed. What?s yours? Does this whet your appetite for the album any more or less than ?Shackler?s Revenge,? another teaser track that came out a few weeks back as part of the Rock Band 2 game (and which has even less in the way of a hook, but a lot more gonzo guitar)? Share your finally realized hopes for Democracy or still-thwarted GNR dreams below. And if you have the slightest idea what the cryptic, vaguely-but-not-really-political lyrics mean?we're pretty sure it's the first time the Falun Gong and masturbation have come up in the same song?do share.

http://men.style.com/news/blog/2008/10/you-can-be-a-pe.html

You can be a Pepper, too

Given what we've heard from the album's multiple leaks, it's curious that Guns N' Roses would choose the title track as the first single from Chinese Democracy. (We might have gone with a truncated version of "Madagascar" or "There Was a Time," but that's probably why we're bloggers, not redheaded perfectionists who take 15 years to release a follow-up.) The song's fine for what it is?listen to it here?but those who were hoping for a cogent, coherent sound would be better off waiting for the record's November release. In happier news, it seems Dr Pepper is going to make good on its promise: The soft drink company promised a free can to everyone in America, with the proviso that Chinese Democracy be released in 2008. Hey, it's not much, but we'll take it.

Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #961 on: October 22, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »

Do you know where the fuck you are? Absolutely awesome drums and guitar Axl sounds brilliant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,much better than the leak " not that i listened to it" lol................................give the nay sayers some time theyve been forced into emo culture Gnr will wake them up soon enough.  Any and all publicity is good publicity.  CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTED TODAY.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #962 on: October 22, 2008, 12:22:12 PM »

"CD" will be in a "Cagematch" tonight at 9pm central time on the Minneapolis rock station. They put two new songs head to head and let listeners vote online or via text.  I remember when the first IRS demo leaked back in 06, IRS recieved the most votes ever in the history of the contest.  Lets make "CD" blow Saliva out of the water and break GNR's own record!!!

http://www.93x.com/cagematch.asp

Looks like you can vote now and do not have to wait until 9pm!!

i've voted, start a new topic about it Grin
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #963 on: October 22, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »

I like parts of it, but at times it sounds way over processed and manufactured, not raw/rock sounding enough.  Still a good song - but I like the live versions where they really just tear the shit out of this song and give it some balls.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #964 on: October 22, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »

NME have chaged their text since this morning from:

'Keep checking NME.COM for a major announcement later today'

to

'Keep checking NME.COM for a major Guns N Roses announcement later today.'

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/40580

Not that it means much  Wink ...

v ...

wonder what kind of announcement that could be, and why rolling stone and billboard isn't reporting about it..

any truth to it nando or mysteron?
Wondering that myself.

Can't see how this day could get better, but you never know!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #965 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

Radio Reacts To GUNS N' ROSES Single - Oct. 22, 2008

Billboard.com reports that U.S. rock radio outlets from Jackson, Miss., to Springfield, Mass., started their morning with the new GUNS N' ROSES single, "Chinese Democracy" (stream audio below), the title track of the band's long-awaited new album which arrives November 23 exclusively in Best Buy stores.

According to Broadcast Data Systems, "Chinese Democracy" had been spun 49 times from its 5 a.m. ET digital arrival at stations through 11:20 a.m. ET. WAAF/Boston had played it five times, while WQXA/Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle, Pa., was next with four.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #966 on: October 22, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

Can't believe CD is finally here.  really starting to sink in.  dying to hear this on the radio and not through my computer.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #967 on: October 22, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

49 times??? that's it?Huh we gotta get that number higher!!!!

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #968 on: October 22, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »

drool

It is simply awesome !  beer drool

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #969 on: October 22, 2008, 12:28:07 PM »

49 times??? that's it?Huh we gotta get that number higher!!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53672.0

Lets make it higher!! And be sure to vote for the 93X Cage Match!

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
commissioner
« Reply #970 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »

Great Tune!  I can see  alot of cool dancing with that song! ok
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #971 on: October 22, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »

Here in Los Angeles were AXL lives...  
I was listening to KROQ's "Mark and Brian show". They started playing Chinese Democracy then for no reason stopped playing it and basically dissed AXL and said it sounds like GNR but a little late...  not even to finish the song... these guys are a waste of time, I'm so pissed....

Mark and Brian SUCK D*#k  or Bean who ever they suck

I think you are referring to Kevin & Bean and not Mark & Brian.  Mark & Brian are on KLOS.  

Thanks for the contact info.  I know I'm going to be sending an email about how disrepectful it is to stop a song halfway and start blabbing away.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #972 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »

I like parts of it, but at times it sounds way over processed and manufactured, not raw/rock sounding enough.  Still a good song - but I like the live versions where they really just tear the shit out of this song and give it some balls.

Yeah definitely not raw, but Axl obviously wasn't going for the raw sound the amount of time he put into it. I don't think raw is really his thing, I think that's where the old members came in. Axl obviously contributed a ton to it, but Axl's the Queen/Elton John fan. Nothing raw about them.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #973 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:23 PM »

this is sooooo awesome.........it sounds SO much better than the leaks I never heard!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #974 on: October 22, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

Sounds pretty positive:

The track is a riff-heavy rocker that begins with eerie, soaring guitars and Rose's trademark squeal before launching into an infectious chorus. At first, Rose's voice sounds markedly deeper (think "Mr. Brownstone") than it does on some of GNR's most famous songs, but returns to its high-pitched greatness sporadically throughout the tune. The song ends with a quick explosion, which slowly trails off into silence.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1597641/20081022/guns_n_roses.jhtml

I don't often agree with this guy, Chris Harris from MTV, but I agree with him here.

Ali
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #975 on: October 22, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

I'm really trying to wait to hear the album in its entirety, but also secretly hoping they will play it on Planet Rock later so I will hear it by mistake

Congratulations to GNR, here's hoping the next few weeks go well  beer

Here today...ready to rock
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #976 on: October 22, 2008, 12:36:30 PM »

Just got this email from a friend in NYC:

"awesome dude...i just got off the phone with Krock and told them to give the  Foo Fighter horseshit a break for a day and play the new Guns....they said they are playing it at 2, 5, and 8 apparently..."

For anyone in that area who wants to listen!

Remember, post your local radio station info so we can all request the song.... and be sure to vote in the 93X cage match: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53672.0

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: October 22, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »

Just heard it. Sounds FUCKING AWESOME! Solo kicks ass!
Olorin
« Reply #978 on: October 22, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »

Found this on another forum:

http://www.20min.ch/unterhaltung/sounds/story/-Chinese-Democracy---die-Single-19640908

Its a very high quality stream and whats looks like a cover for a single.
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #979 on: October 22, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »

Just went to lunch in the Hartford, CT area...every single rock station is playing Guns n Roses songs...Civil War, November Rain,...of course I hadn't heard the studio "Chinese Democracy" yet but caught the very end of it on WCCC just before I came back into work.  Such a tease!!!  Anyway, it's pretty awesome that every rock station is blasting all these GNR hits out there getting everybody pumped...

The ending sounded pretty similar to what I've heard of course...I keep hearing about this new guitar!!!

Who are playing the guitar parts in this??  I know Robin Fink...but are Buckethead AND Bumblefoot in this??

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: