Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:50:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 287113 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #760 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »

What's the line after, If the Great Wall rots, blame yourself (or whatever)?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #761 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:45 AM »

Shocked Whoa--- I just had my review read on-air by the DJ on 93rock . . . the station in south florida that's been doing the online streaming. That's pretty fuckin' cool!!! I guess that was my five seconds of fame.
Nice!  Did you post your review here?

No, I just left a comment about the song on 93rock.com   You guys should go over there and do the same; maybe they'll read more of them on air.

This song just keeps getting more and more awesome with every listen. Once people hear it a few times, I think the general public will fall in love with it. I think it's going to be a hit!!! I already know I'm going to be singing it all day to myself. I'll be in class later and the teacher will ask me something and I'll be like "No, it don't really matter--- you're gonna find out for yourself!!!"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:36:37 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #762 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »

now they like it Grin
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #763 on: October 22, 2008, 08:36:40 AM »

pretty much all the reviews are good... here in MIA atleast.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:38:40 AM by Silverchair » Logged

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #764 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »

Shocked Whoa--- I just had my review read on-air by the DJ on 93rock . . . the station in south florida that's been doing the online streaming. That's pretty fuckin' cool!!! I guess that was my five seconds of fame.

No, I just left a comment about the song on 93rock.com   You guys should go over there and do the same; maybe they'll read more of them online.

This song just keeps getting more and more awesome with every listen. Once people hear it a few times, I think the general public will fall in love with it. I think is going to be a hit!!! I already know I'm going to be singing it all day to myself. I'll be in class later and the teacher will ask me something and I'll be like "No, it don't really matter--- you're gonna find out for youself!!!"
Yeah, the DJ's on AAF are now warming up to it, and there hasn't been a negative call since they first played it in the 6 o'clock hour.  It's starting to sink in.  Props for AAF for pushing the song so much.  They don't HAVE to play the song every hour, but it's certainly cool that they're doing so.  Next hour should be even more praise, as Aaron Lewis is gonna give his opinion.  I'd have to imagine he'd be positive, being a fellow singer.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »

It'll be played on UK's Radio 1 again just after 2pm GMT

Don't Damn Me!!
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:55 AM »

Long time since I was here last time  Wink

Amazing work was done on Chinese Democracy!!!!!!!!!  smoking  smoking  smoking

New drums in the intro, new Bumble guitars, Axl's voice!
Everythting is perfect for me  Grin  Grin  Grin

Guns N'Roses ROCKS  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss Love you guys!!!!  love

beer  beer  beer

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #767 on: October 22, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »

No, I just left a comment about the song on 93rock.com   You guys should go over there and do the same; maybe they'll read more of them online.

This song just keeps getting more and more awesome with every listen. Once people hear it a few times, I think the general public will fall in love with it. I think is going to be a hit!!! I already know I'm going to be singing it all day to myself. I'll be in class later and the teacher will ask me something and I'll be like "No, it don't really matter--- you're gonna find out for youself!!!"
Yeah, the DJ's on AAF are now warming up to it, and there hasn't been a negative call since they first played it in the 6 o'clock hour.  It's starting to sink in.  Props for AAF for pushing the song so much.  They don't HAVE to play the song every hour, but it's certainly cool that they're doing so.
So its getting all positive calls now? Excellent!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2008, 08:38:35 AM »

waaf is your best bet to hear it another 21 times today

www.waaf.com

The last line of chinese demcoracy, it sounds like a Bomb going off ( I fucking love Pitman's work on this song)
he creates a really eerie but cool amotsphere on this song

fucking love it, and im enjoying it more and more with each listen.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »

it is immense.

Absolutely, godsmackingly huge.

The new drums, the new guitar riffs... this song has evolved. Axl's plan may have taken a very long time to come to fruition, but I think we will all be very happy when its in effect. After all, the wait will be meaningless when the music is forever.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #770 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »

And then your arms reach out for their help
And now you're out of time

Thanks, that's new,,,,,,,, to me.  The live versions had the other line, didn't they?  (If your ass were your head, you could tell).

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

I despise NME but i thought i would post this for UK fans, it seems as if there is something in the works for this afternoon:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/40580

Jonx
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

That's already been posted  Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »

And then your arms reach out for their help
And now you're out of time

Thanks, that's new,,,,,,,, to me.  The live versions had the other line, didn't they?  (If your ass were your head, you could tell).

I think it's "while their arms reach out for your help"

and he did sing that line at least as early as donnington 06.. so all leaks and all where the line is like "asif your ass were your head you could tell" or whatever.. those versions is most likely fromaround 04, if i can't say anything about leaks i guess mods can erase that part of my post
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Great reviews out of Ontario Canada (London, Toronto). I was listening to FM96, and one guys called to say he was never a Gn'R fan, but absolutely loved the song.

I personally think the song sounds amazing, especially with the base explosions added.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:39 AM »

You can listen to it on the UK's Radio 1 by listening to Sara Cox's show from today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f0qbx

The song is around 1 hour 19 mins into the show  ok

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »

great hearing the reviews from all over the world - how fucking exciting is this!!!!!!!!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »

what did they say?  "somewhere in the world slash's sfinckter is shrinking"  hihi
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53:07 AM »

great hearing the reviews from all over the world - how fucking exciting is this!!!!!!!!

Listen to the Radio 1 recording!  Awesome reviews flew in!  Reviews are about 1h23 in

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2008, 08:55:37 AM »

This is what happens when I don't check this section in 24 hrs!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: