Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285594 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1540 on: October 27, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »

All this talk about releasing another single before Nov 23rd, implying the weakness of CD as the first single... I just don't get it.  

What? You don't get the fact that some GN'R fans are never happy?

"We need a new album/song"

* new song arrives along with album release date *

"We need another new song now!".

/jarmo

Wow!  I dont think this implies CD is week at all.  All im saying is that Yes, i could see GNR putting out another single close to release.  I don't see it as a bad move at all, and will only help sales.  If you don't like CD for example, you may love a different type of song like "Madagascar" And if you love CD (like i do) it won't hurt if you don't like a song like madagascar.

Easy on the GNR fans are never happy talk ... 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1541 on: October 27, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »

Easy on the GNR fans are never happy talk ... 

well to be fair there are SOME gnr fans who are never happy.

with that said, more singles would be fine.   Metallica put out 4 singles right around the time DM was released, and they sold pretty well for 2008.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1542 on: October 27, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »

All im saying is that Yes, i could see GNR putting out another single close to release.  I don't see it as a bad move at all, and will only help sales. 

GN'R did the same in 1991 for the UYI release so it's not a totally unlikely scenario.

But, still, the song has been out for less than a week.... Just enjoy the moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1543 on: October 27, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

I think the majority of gnr fans on these boards are suggesting their pick for the next single because they want to see GNR do well on radio and with critics/fans. It has nothing to do with the actual song CD. IMO its a great song but its not the typical hit you hear on the radio.

If the next single is "Better" they will silence everybody. Plus we can push that song on some regular radio formats as well.

The main complaint about CD is that its not catchy or melodic. When Better is released what can they say then? NADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and ill be saying la la la laaaa la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa la shouldve known betta, bettaaaaaa

I just hope they dont release a ballad for the next single. wait on those
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:41:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1544 on: October 27, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

I think CD was the correct choice because you have to release the title track at least because of all the hype of the album. It would not make sense to release the song as second or third single. Better would probably be a good choice for the second single, then I would go with Madygascar, followed up by another rocker.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1545 on: October 27, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »

Okay to start this out. I can't tell you how thrilling it was to hear Chinese Democracy 3 times today, on the radio.

But my point is going to be.....
For the last 10 years I have had to listen to a certain DJ talk trash about Axl and how the new band sucks and everything is all Axl's fault. He has done nothing but make fun of the new band members. Well today I finally got to hear him comment after playing the song!!! And I quote!! " Wow I really, really like that new GNR song, I can't wait to hear more"
10 Years I listened to his shit! And it was worth every word of it to hear his comments today!! This is what we want to be hearing from the haters! I want them to eat every word!! I am so hoping he is at the midnight Sale so I can give him shit!
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1546 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »

All this talk about releasing another single before Nov 23rd, implying the weakness of CD as the first single... I just don't get it.  

What? You don't get the fact that some GN'R fans are never happy?

"We need a new album/song"

* new song arrives along with album release date *

"We need another new song now!".

/jarmo

This was not my point at all. I am totally happy with the song. I REALLY like it. However, it is not my favorite song on the album, nor do I think that it is the most radio friendly song on the album. My post was simple to say that I heard and read a few people wondering why CD was chosen for first when there are other better radio songs on the album. And beyond the obvious that it's the title track I had no answer. SO, thinking about it this weekend, I thought that it would be REALLY cool if they released another single right before the album drops that was more radio friendly. Simply to respond to the critics that "If you thought CD (the song) was all the bullets we've got in this gun, you are dead wrong."

The basic response that I've heard from people (non diehards) is "I like the song, but it took 15 years for this?"
and I think releasing better or Street of Dreams is a direct response for that. Almost like Axl or whoever set them up. By delivering CD first, a strong song but not THE BEST in my opinion now the critics swarm and are pleasantly suprised but not overwhelmed, then you hit em' with a strong counter BAM! right before the album drops. 2 great songs in rotation right before the album hits.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1547 on: October 27, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »

I just hope they dont release a ballad for the next single. wait on those

Sorry but There Was a Time would fit perfectly as the second single  Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1548 on: October 27, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »

disagree. they need to release their most catchyiest song next. then after that they can roll out TWAT, CITR, etc

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1549 on: October 27, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

disagree. they need to release their most catchyiest song next. then after that they can roll out TWAT, CITR, etc

Well, then, just wait and see, and test your understanding of the gn'r cd vision. I plan to do the same.   peace

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1550 on: October 27, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »

Well, then, just wait and see, and test your understanding of the gn'r cd vision. I plan to do the same.   peace

I agree. The next single will be TWAT or The Blues...I guarantee it!
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #1551 on: October 27, 2008, 05:56:35 PM »

I just want to say that this song is everything I had imagined and hoped it would sound like.  Its everything great hard rock should be. Dark, defiant, angry, and thought provocking.  Sonically it is an Audiophiles wet dream and I cant wait to hear it on my home stereo. Its a great introduction into the world of the new GnR and leaves the listener hungering for more. I love old Guns but I am so glad they broke up because that freed Axl to do whatever he wanted, and the results are mindblowing.  

I refuse to be bias and compare this to old Guns, or give a shit about how long its been since the last record.  Non of that matters because my mind is not trapped inside this little box that cant except change.  In fact I need and welcome change. The only thing that should matter is wether or not you like what you hear coming out of your speakers.  Too many people dont realize that you should only judge Art at face value. How the art was made should not be more important than the art itself.

This is a great song and a great piece of art.  Axl really came through.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #1552 on: October 27, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »

For those of you worrying over singles, don't worry. GN'R management has done this once or twice before. The single hasn't even been offered for sale yet, or given a video. No need to worry about a new song, yet.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1553 on: October 27, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »

So how many times do you guys think you've heard the new single since it came out?

I've been listening to it everyday... at least 10-20 times so far and i like it more the more i hear it!
i really do love Ron's additions and i was kind of worried about that before...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1554 on: October 27, 2008, 11:11:56 PM »

Just once on the radio.   Holding out to get the actual CD and hear it in decent quality. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1555 on: October 27, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »

So how many times do you guys think you've heard the new single since it came out?

I've been listening to it everyday... at least 10-20 times so far and i like it more the more i hear it!
i really do love Ron's additions and i was kind of worried about that before...
I listened to it at least 10 times the first day I think.  Since then it's lessened a little bit, but still averaging at least a couple times a day.  I love Ron's additions too.  They become more noticeable with each listen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1556 on: October 27, 2008, 11:51:11 PM »

For those of you worrying over singles, don't worry. GN'R management has done this once or twice before. The single hasn't even been offered for sale yet, or given a video. No need to worry about a new song,

Nobody is worrying dude!  And nobody is not satisfied!  Were discussing! And that's what people do on message boards.  And this is one of the things i like about boards, being able to discuss or predict what may happen. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #1557 on: October 28, 2008, 12:04:20 AM »

They played the entire song today on Stern coming out of a commercial break.  Everyone seemed to like it and no one bashed it at all.  It sounds so good on the radio, and it grows on me everytime I hear it.

Artie even joked that Axl should have just mixed up the songs Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves Of London instead of taking so much time to come up with something original.  (taking a stab at kid rock)

Last week they played up until the first verse of CD and some of TWAT as well.  Everyone was really positive, particularly Howard, about both songs; however, TWAT seemed to get an even better reaction.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1558 on: October 28, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »

Okay to start this out. I can't tell you how thrilling it was to hear Chinese Democracy 3 times today, on the radio.

But my point is going to be.....
For the last 10 years I have had to listen to a certain DJ talk trash about Axl and how the new band sucks and everything is all Axl's fault. He has done nothing but make fun of the new band members. Well today I finally got to hear him comment after playing the song!!! And I quote!! " Wow I really, really like that new GNR song, I can't wait to hear more"
10 Years I listened to his shit! And it was worth every word of it to hear his comments today!! This is what we want to be hearing from the haters! I want them to eat every word!! I am so hoping he is at the midnight Sale so I can give him shit!
peace out
amyl

Great story Amy.  It put a smile on my face.  Thanks for sharing.

Ali
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1559 on: October 28, 2008, 07:07:10 AM »

well i have to say one of the dj's on radio 1 (annie mac maybe?) was comparing the intro to CD to the type of music the band "the darkness" play and saying that the darkness lead singer justin hawkins should replace axl at guns n roses.

I have to say she lost my respect then...

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: