Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:54:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285196 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1400 on: October 24, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »

I want to listen for that sub bass by Chris. Need to crank this up again tonight.  beer

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #1401 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY
(Rose, Freese)

Guitars: Paul Tobias, Robin Finck,
Buckethead, Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal,
Richard Fortus
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Axl Rose
Background Vocals: Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson
Sub bass: Chris Pitman
Guitar Solos: Robin Finck, Buckethead
Intro: Eric Caudieux, Caram Costanzo
Vocals: Axl Rose
Arrangement: Rose, Tobias, Beavan
Digital Editing: Eric Caudieux,
Caram Costanzo, Axl Rose, Sean Beavan
Additional guitar processing: Chris Pitman

Cd is mixed with 5.1 s sound ?!  sub bass ? Nice Grin

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1402 on: October 24, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »

It was featured on national radio P3 in Sweden today.

They have a jury listening to new singles and try to predict if the song will be a hit.

They all thought it sounded like old GN'R which they thought was positive. One of them said it wasn't something totally different like a "disco GN'R".

55% of the listeners who voted said it was a hit.

Both of the jury members thought it was a hit as well.

This was on a youth oriented station, not a specific rock station.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1403 on: October 24, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »

Cool Jarmo, this should be a hit, it's the best rock song out!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Annie
« Reply #1404 on: October 24, 2008, 01:42:34 PM »

Cool Jarmo, this should be a hit, it's the best rock song out!
I Totally agree with both of you! peace
Olorin
« Reply #1405 on: October 24, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »

I think it would be great to follow up this with another song really quickly, like dropping Madagascar in 2-3 weeks and unveiling the complexity of the new sounds and really blowing the skeptics away. Madagascar and Chinese Democracy doing the rounds on the airwaves at the same time would be heaven!!  
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1406 on: October 24, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

I think it would be great to follow up this with another song really quickly, like dropping Madagascar in 2-3 weeks and unveiling the complexity of the new sounds and really blowing the skeptics away. Madagascar and Chinese Democracy doing the rounds on the airwaves at the same time would be heaven!!  

I love Chinese Democracy as the lead off single!  But Madagascar would be a momentum killer!  I say "Better" or "Street of Dreams (The Blues)" would be a better choice....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1407 on: October 24, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »

I love Chinese Democracy as the lead off single!  But Madagascar would be a momentum killer!  I say "Better" or "Street of Dreams (The Blues)" would be a better choice....

better would do better then street of dreams  Grin

buuuuuuuut it haven't been a week yet.. CD haven't reached it's peak yet
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1408 on: October 24, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »

I think I listen to CD like 20 times per day. I just can't believe this is it...

I havent heard anything yet here in Spain (about the track or the album). But then again, it's difficult since I don't listen to radio much.

A friend of mine told me he heard something on the NEWS yesterday which I found that shocking.

Off topic, Im pretty sure many of you have already mentioned this, but doesnt it make you feel great looking at HTGTH's home page? I still cant believe it, it's just unreal. I've been a lurker here since 2002, member since 2003. Every day I've visited this site I had a glimpse of hope that that I was going to see "Chinese Democracy will be released on..." and now I see it. I just can't believe it...it's so weird! :-)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:06:33 PM by Ignatius » Logged
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #1409 on: October 24, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »

I too have been a very longtime lurker and a member for a while. I'm with you on how strange it is to actually 'see' it posted that the album is coming out. I thought it was cool when the Shackler's Revenge thing was showing, but now we have the official site with a countdown *and* the single streaming on it.  How cool is that?! As for the NEWS: I capped something locally in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago when I saw it, so the word is getting out there. :-)

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Olorin
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

I just think something soulful and melodic would give the doubters who are saying CD is dull, average and "must be the best he's got" something to sit back and take notice of. First time I heard maddy I was like - wow, so thats he has been doing!!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1411 on: October 24, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

Oh I see what you are saying now... In that respect, it would be a good song.. But, I don't know if it would be a good radio tune.. Oh well, we will let GNR make that call!

I just think something soulful and melodic would give the doubters who are saying CD is dull, average and "must be the best he's got" something to sit back and take notice of. First time I heard maddy I was like - wow, so thats he has been doing!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1412 on: October 24, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »

the next single should/needs to be Better or a rocker like Better that is catchy. Most reviews I read are giving CD a chance but one of their biggest complaints is that there is no chorus. They think Axl needs Slash and co to write "catchy" music.

Better will shoot that down in a heartbeat

Save the ballads for the 3rd single

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1413 on: October 24, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »

I know the feeling you're talking about.  Although I love CD as a single, I also know how people's eyes light up halfway through the first verse when I play them "Better".  I think that song would have had a little more initial impact.  But I think this album may be a slow burner that people will be discovering for awhile to come.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1414 on: October 24, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »

the next single should/needs to be Better or a rocker like Better that is catchy. Most reviews I read are giving CD a chance but one of their biggest complaints is that there is no chorus. They think Axl needs Slash and co to write "catchy" music.

Better will shoot that down in a heartbeat

Save the ballads for the 3rd single

YG, I agree.. True ballad 3rd single...  Better seems a natural fit for #2....  I think CD is a great way to say, "hey, we're back" and it does rock..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1415 on: October 24, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

Stick to the topic.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #1416 on: October 24, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »

I heard the song on the radio today and it sounded killer, dj loved it. The second you hear that ominous intro starting, usually after some stupid adverts, it just sounds so fucking cooooooool. yes You can imagine people across the land reaching for the volume control ready to crank it up to 11!!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1417 on: October 24, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »

A physical single would be great...

Track list:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Chinese Democracy(video)
3. CD Live (Madison Square Garden 2006)
4. Oh my God (re-recorded)

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1418 on: October 24, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »

Listening to Talking Metal episode 235.

Mark says it's Frank playing drums on the track.

/jarmo

He's wrong. Frank MAY HAVE added the drums during the intro.....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53667.msg1119124#msg1119124

CHINESE DEMOCRACY
(Rose, Freese)

Guitars: Paul Tobias, Robin Finck,
Buckethead, Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal,
Richard Fortus
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Axl Rose
Background Vocals: Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson
Sub bass: Chris Pitman
Guitar Solos: Robin Finck, Buckethead
Intro: Eric Caudieux, Caram Costanzo
Vocals: Axl Rose
Arrangement: Rose, Tobias, Beavan
Digital Editing: Eric Caudieux,
Caram Costanzo, Axl Rose, Sean Beavan
Additional guitar processing: Chris Pitman

Still think he's wrong?   Roll Eyes

If there is a complaint about the song....Its that its a touch over produced.  Its still badass, but, I think a stripped down version could have rocked a little harder.

It's perfectly produced if you ask me. But there will be better songs on the record.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1419 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »

^^^^ YUP!!! I kinda do and don't like the double vocals. I think double tracking will make songs like TWAT, Madagascar, Streets of Dreams, and IRS sound fuller and more melodic. The new verse riff by Ron makes the song mean as hell. I prefer the old drums tho... but that's because I love Josh's style.

I think this "improved" version of CD is just the tip of the iceberg.  peace

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: