Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:29:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285436 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1300 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38:26 AM »

When can we buy it on iTunes?

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #1301 on: October 23, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »

Chinese Democracy will have it's own premiere at Polish rock radio called Antyradio tomorrow morning between 7:00-10:00 AM CET
http://warszawa.antyradio.pl/index.html?id=167&m=1#
^at that guy's show. He anounced it today that he's the Doubting Thomas  hihi and won't believe that CD is coming out till he has it in his hands! Wierd... but he's just not a fan of G N'R. Today he played WTTJ announcing that.

You can listen to the radio stream here:
http://antyradio.pl/radio.html

We'll see what he says to the audience and if people will e-mail him with thier feelings about CD...

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1302 on: October 23, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »

It's airing today in Portugal in Antena 3 station.   Cool

http://ww1.rtp.pt/antena3/?t=Guns-N-Roses-de-regresso.rtp&article=6121&layout=11&visual=5&tm=7

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1303 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »

My cousin heard the single for the first time yesterday.  She said thought it was kind of all over the place, but said she kind of liked it.  I told her to listen to it alot and it will grow on her  ok

And then my 9 yr old said "You should hear Better!!"  I'm creating a new GNR fanatic, I'm so happy  beer

Your 9 year old?  That's awesome.  Exactly the age I started listening to Guns and was pleasantly ruined forever.  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1304 on: October 23, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »

Chinese Democracy has just been aired on the swiss radio Couleur 3 (www.couleur3.ch) !
They were great ! Very good infos about GNR, plus, they talked about www.gnrfrance.net Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1305 on: October 23, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »

for those looking to vote on it, here's the link to the Detroit rock station:

http://www.wrif.com/content/2008_10GnRTrack.asp

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #1306 on: October 23, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »

Airing now in Indonesia. Single got good review. NO Dj's Bash Axl so far  hihi !!... I have alot of FRiends Who worked in the Radiostation here. and They're BIg GNR Fans Too. I remember i've Played BETTER and all the Leaks 8 times a day when I Works as a DJ on the radio Station. My Station Played RNB and Pop/Rap music and I ended up Fired. Tongue But I have No regret at all. Grin
And Now All the Station in my Country Played this Single peace.

Sorry For my English.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:58:02 PM by deanaxlrose » Logged

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Olorin
« Reply #1307 on: October 23, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »

I just heard it on  Scotlands classic rock station, Rock Radio 96.3 - mixed responce from folk texting in. Some saying its awesome, some saying the usual its not GNR with slash, duff etc.
I think its mostly an older, tatooed, leather trouser wearing audience that listens to the show, so thats not a bad responce.

The host, David Grant, who is a sarcastic twat at the best of times,  said it was only the 3rd time he had heard it and that he actually liked it! Suprised me as I thought he would slate it, just to be a smart arse.

I dont know why the sound quality of the song seems to vary, it doesnt sound as polished as the one at gnr.com.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1308 on: October 23, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

First Single, ?Chinese Democracy?, Debuts Today, October 22
Posted 10/22/2008 by IGA

First Single, ?Chinese Democracy?, Debuts Today, October 22

SANTA MONICA, CA - October 22, 2008 ? Chinese Democracy has finally arrived. One of the most highly anticipated albums in rock history, the long-awaited Chinese Democracy marks the first album of new material from Guns N? Roses since 1991?s simultaneous release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. With a frenzied energy, Guns N? Roses arrived on the music scene in the mid-?80s and rock was never the same. Now the enormously influential G N? R is ready to rock once again.
Chinese Democracy (Black Frog/Geffen Records) will be available globally on November 23 on CD and vinyl (accompanied by a free digital download of the tracks), and as a separate digital album at Best Buy and BestBuy.com.
Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, Chinese Democracy includes 14 tracks. The title track and first single from the album, ?Chinese Democracy?, will be released to radio at 5:00 am eastern time today. Two of the recordings have been recently released--?Shackler?s Revenge? debuted September 14 in the ?Rock Band 2? videogame and ?If The World? debuted October 11 in the film Body Of Lies.
?The release of Chinese Democracy marks a historic moment in rock ?n? roll,? said Irving Azoff and Andy Gould, Guns N? Roses? co-managers, ?and we?re launching with a monumental campaign that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. Guns N? Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.?
?Guns N? Roses redefined the American rock band and became a global music icon,? added Steve Berman, President, Sales and Marketing, Interscope Geffen A&M Records. ?We?re incredibly excited that Chinese Democracy will be heard worldwide through Geffen Records and the Universal Music Group."
Seventeen years ago, the two previous original albums from one of rock?s most intense and compelling bands, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were issued simultaneously, a first for any contemporary artist. Debuting #2 and #1, respectively, they featured three gold hits with ?November Rain? (#3), ?Don?t Cry? (#10) and the previously released Top 30 ?You Could Be Mine? from the film Terminator II: Judgement Day, plus another Top 40 with ?Live And Let Die.? Each album went seven times platinum.
The band?s 1987 full-length debut Appetite For Destruction has sold more than 28 million copies worldwide (18 times platinum in the U.S.) and is among the biggest-selling albums in history. The #1 album notched three Top 10 hits--the gold anthem ?Welcome To The Jungle? and #1 ?Sweet Child o? Mine? plus ?Paradise City.? 1988?s #2, five times platinum G N? R Lies yielded the gold Top 5 ?Patience.? After the Use Your Illusion duo, 1994?s ?The Spaghetti Incident?? cover album reached #4 and platinum.
In 1999, a live album earned gold and in 2004 the band?s only Greatest Hits collection peaked at #3 and earned quadruple platinum. Overall, Guns N? Roses has sold more than 90 million records worldwide.

and who said this was a hoax and the CD wouldn't be released........... rofl
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1309 on: October 23, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »

finally in Croatia Smiley

http://www.radio101.hr/

today's powerplay Cheesy ... can listen to the stream on frontpage Cheesy ... happy

v. ..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1310 on: October 23, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

Nice to see it being added to playlists around the world.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1311 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

It's getting heavy rotation and good reviews in Houston.

dlive11
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1312 on: October 23, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »

Obviously I dont post often, but I must admit that I am so irritated with the superficial haters that I need to vent a bit.  I posted the comment that is found below on rollingstone.com below the article mentioning the single's release (article found on front page of website).  I do not get the fact that many famous bands have a revolving door but they are never criticized to the point that GnR receives. 

"I understand that people may not like the song, and that is fine. But honestly, it sounds like you are not giving it a chance. How many of you still listen to My Morning Jacket and complain that it has also been a revolving door of band members (no one), how many complaints do I hear about Journey with a new lead singer (not many). Why is it that you point the finger at Axl and Guns N Roses?? If you know the history, Guns started with Axl and Izzy, not Slash and the others. I am a fan of good music and this is a solid rock song that shows Axl is not scared to venture into new territory. When U2 does the same thing it is genius, what gives?? seriously, be transparent in your critique."

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1313 on: October 23, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »

Good point about U2.

I've seen reviews where they expect GN'R to be the same band they were in 1987.

Even the UYI albums weren't AFD clones!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1314 on: October 23, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »

I thought I could share this with you. maybe the Appetite for Collection section is better, but for now it might fit here. ENJOY!

Chinese Democracy - The History

2001-01-01 - Las Vegas (audience version, the first performance ever, magical!)
2001-01-15 - Rock In Rio 3 (soundboard version)
2002-11-22 - Pittsburgh (soundboard version)
2002-12-02 - Boston (soundboard version)
Bloody Roses Remaster (mix of the two above, two bucketheads!)
2006-05-14 - Hammerstein, New York (audience version)
2006-12-17 - Los Angeles (audience version, you can clearly hear Bumble's contributions)
2007-07-15 - Tokyo, Japan (monitor mix version)

you can find all of the above in this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/156866187/Chinese_Democracy_-_The_History.zip.html

and the rest?
you know where to get the leak...
and you know where to hear the single beer

enjoy the ride...

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1315 on: October 23, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »

DC101 just played it. I called in said it was awesome and that they should play it more often now that it is out. Whitney, the DJ, seems to be a fan as she asked if it was everything I had hoped it would be, and my age. (24) She said oh you've been waiting then, you remember when.....I said yes, she said "well Axl is back, finally, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

She seemed into it, hopefully she'll play it often, as DC101 has only played it twice.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1316 on: October 23, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »

Good point about U2.

I've seen reviews where they expect GN'R to be the same band they were in 1987.

Even the UYI albums weren't AFD clones!

/jarmo

Agree completely. That's been my argument all along. Some of these new songs sound much more "GN'R" than UYI and TSI ever did. For that matter LLL sounded nothing like AFD. Every album GN'R has put out have been sharp contrasts with the past albums. If anything this album will be the most consistent album since AFD.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1317 on: October 23, 2008, 03:17:55 PM »

Obviously I dont post often, but I must admit that I am so irritated with the superficial haters that I need to vent a bit.  I posted the comment that is found below on rollingstone.com below the article mentioning the single's release (article found on front page of website).  I do not get the fact that many famous bands have a revolving door but they are never criticized to the point that GnR receives. 

"I understand that people may not like the song, and that is fine. But honestly, it sounds like you are not giving it a chance. How many of you still listen to My Morning Jacket and complain that it has also been a revolving door of band members (no one), how many complaints do I hear about Journey with a new lead singer (not many). Why is it that you point the finger at Axl and Guns N Roses?? If you know the history, Guns started with Axl and Izzy, not Slash and the others. I am a fan of good music and this is a solid rock song that shows Axl is not scared to venture into new territory. When U2 does the same thing it is genius, what gives?? seriously, be transparent in your critique."

Because people are petty, dislike Axl for no real reason, and so they use lame excuses.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #1318 on: October 23, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »

SNAP!

Whatcha think about our site, pretty snazzy, eh?

About time that site gets some up-to-date news.  Wink

OUTSTANDING update man.

now, every time I wanna listening to ChinDem, i type gunsnroses.com in my browser! AWESOME!

it would be amazing if the website would be updated with more news, behind the scenes from Chin.Dem. recording, new GnR videos, etc...
PS: please, Thanx Axl! tell him we?re waiting all of you here in Brazil again! You?re always very welcome here!
(vamos tomar umas caipirinhas!!!  rofl  beer )

Vamos tomar varias caipirinhas e cervejas!  Nossa, da mo tombo na praia - tudo escutando guns.

De que parte q vc e?

rapaz, conhe?o um bar que faz uma caipirinha.. mas nao ? a caipirinha, e sim "A" caipirinha.

sou de S?o Paulo, e fiquei torcendo muito pra ter show do Guns aqui na ?poca do Rock in Rio 3, mas infelizmente nao teve, e eu nao pude ir at? o RJ.

quem sabe, quando tiver uma Chinese Democracy World Tour, e VOCES estiverem aqui em SP, a gente nao marca de ir tomar v?rias?!  hihi

jarmo, if you come to Brazil to drink some drinks, you won?t be sorry!  rofl
we have maaaaaaany kind of drinks here!  beer

well, about Chinese Democracy, I?m very very happy with everything in GnR world!
If I could, I?d thank Axl and all GnR for this!

PS: Chinese Democracy is so f*#%n AWESOME!!!   drool smoking

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1319 on: October 23, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »

Are WAAF still playing it? BCN?

Anyone else think the live steam sounds better? Maybe it's just that I have good headphones and a crap radio.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:25:46 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: