Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 286065 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1160 on: October 22, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

I love the new guitars.   So rich and crisp, so many layers.  You can hear new things everytime you listen and it all blends perfectly together.  Axl is incredible!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1161 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

They just switch dj's and Theo from 98 got a call and someone told the caller that new song sounds "poppy" and if it sucks, don't play it, Theo made a vote for people to text yes or no for it and Theo played it for 1 min of it and diss/ made fun of the song and said they will play it later when people go to sleep

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)
http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/SOLON/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=wiyyfm&useSame=True&type=IE

Of all the possible criticisms you can make, "poppy" certainly wouldn't be one of them. The song isn't driven by hooks, which is what I consider "poppy" to be. It's just an in-your face, propulsive rocker that gets better with each listen. Awesome guitar work, great vocals....it seems most of the people that hate the song already had their minds made up before even listening to it......

Poppy. It's an in your face song. Donno where Poppy comes from. That would be Better IMO.

CD is "poppy"  Huh, This song is heavy....."Almost Grungy"   I'm calling up and making my rant to the fucker!

DJ's say stupid shit like that to get rise out of people, and get more publicity for them.  We love it, they are well, idiots.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1162 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »

Sorry if it's been said (I read most of the thread but might have missed it) but has anyone heard CD on any XM Satellite radio stations?  Just wondered, cause I'd love to hear it with that digital quality...   Let me (us all) know!  Thanks.

Maybe check the radio station websites man? I'm sure they'd have a mention of it somewhere..

Have you tried on the official site?  Easy to find the song...

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
newguns08
Opening Act

« Reply #1163 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:43 PM »

Very nice to hear Axl in a proper version!!!
By the way, t? dentro nessa festa das caipirinhas a?!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:19:41 PM by newguns08 » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1164 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »

the  version on the website is phenomenal. U can hear so much kick ass guitar playing. U can really hear what Ron was talking about that he plays.

This is AFD like as it has all the cool/kick ass little guitar licks during the song.

Hey Jarmo, can u get one of those streaming players for HTGTH?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #1165 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »

Sorry if it's been said (I read most of the thread but might have missed it) but has anyone heard CD on any XM Satellite radio stations?  Just wondered, cause I'd love to hear it with that digital quality...   Let me (us all) know!  Thanks.

Maybe check the radio station websites man? I'm sure they'd have a mention of it somewhere..

Have you tried on the official site?  Easy to find the song...
Indeed.....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1166 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

They just switch dj's and Theo from 98 got a call and someone told the caller that new song sounds "poppy" and if it sucks, don't play it, Theo made a vote for people to text yes or no for it and Theo played it for 1 min of it and diss/ made fun of the song and said they will play it later when people go to sleep

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)
http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/SOLON/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=wiyyfm&useSame=True&type=IE

Of all the possible criticisms you can make, "poppy" certainly wouldn't be one of them. The song isn't driven by hooks, which is what I consider "poppy" to be. It's just an in-your face, propulsive rocker that gets better with each listen. Awesome guitar work, great vocals....it seems most of the people that hate the song already had their minds made up before even listening to it......

Poppy. It's an in your face song. Donno where Poppy comes from. That would be Better IMO.

CD is "poppy"  Huh, This song is heavy....."Almost Grungy"   I'm calling up and making my rant to the fucker!

DJ's say stupid shit like that to get rise out of people, and get more publicity for them.  We love it, they are well, idiots.

It's amazing the number of responses either invoking the old band, or making some reference to the amount of time between albums.  I think it shows those people have by and large come in with preconceived notions about the song.

It's a good, aggressive rocker.  Just take it for what it is.  No song, no album could be worth a "15 year wait".  What a ridiculous expectation to have on a single song.

Ali
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1167 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »

98 Rock is so full shit.  They were giving tickets out for the 2006 tour, so I guess theyre now turning there backs to GNR.  Besides they suck anyway they all try to be watered down versions of howard stern

I know  Angry I don't understand it, I think Stash the other dj like's it

It's sad. I grew up as a kid listening to 98 Rock, all day long. I remember when they gave away a trip to Vegas for the New Year's Eve Show, hyping it beyond belief. Now today I heard the lunch slot DJ describe GNR as a "fiasco."

Unfortunately, in the last few years, it has become un-listenable. The only person I can stand is Stash, and it's because he goes so far back with them. The morning show sucks, the lunch time slot sucks, and the night slot sucks. Stash seems to actually be a fan of the band, and usually has decent things to say.

I'm from Baltimore, and 98 Rock used to be an institution, a station you could have counted on to really push this single, that really had the pulse of the rock scene on the area down.

Now they are just pathetic, and it bothers me a lot.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1168 on: October 22, 2008, 09:20:06 PM »

Sometimes I think I should've been a writer instead of a PTA.

I mean, do people really fucking think Axl sit in a room and wrote this song for 15 years?

Just dumb fucking shit u read that drives u crazy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1169 on: October 22, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »

Amazing how a song we first heard 7 years ago can sound so fresh !
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1170 on: October 22, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)

Roll Eyes Don't pay any mind to what Theo says. He thinks everything sucks. Dissing popular songs/bands is his shtick. The fact that he's dissing it will probably just get more people interested in it.

On a side note. I'm liking this song more and more with each listen. If the other songs are as improved as this one, this is going to be an amazing album.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:33:58 PM by destroier » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1171 on: October 22, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »

PLEASE EVERYONE

Send and email to the following people at 93 WMMR in Philly. They have been bashing the song. Request the shit out of it and give them the facts so they stop the lies. Steve and Preston were the guys cutting it up big time this morning and telling lies.

preston@WMMR.com
steve@WMMR.com
Pierre@WMMR.com

Matt@WMMR.com  Matt Cord is the only DJ that likes them and is freinds with Tommy so do not give him shit just request.

Also here are the links to WYSP 94.1 Philly  to make a song request

http://94wysp.com/Request-a-song-/1075148

Also for Sirius Radio
Octane 20

ellis@sirius-radio.com
kayla@sirius-radio.com
elcovino@sirius-radio.com

LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pierre and the dj's loved the shit out of that band till they no-showed  Wink
philly threw snowballs and booed santa clauss, wtf do you think will happen to any act that no-shows on them
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1172 on: October 22, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »

Sometimes I think I should've been a writer instead of a PTA.

I mean, do people really fucking think Axl sit in a room and wrote this song for 15 years?

Just dumb fucking shit u read that drives u crazy.

That is a very good point.  It's really frustrating how so many people think that Axl has been working on this album constantly for the past 15 years.  I'm sure he was doing a bunch of other things during that time as well.  Sometimes people are so naive.   Sad
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1173 on: October 22, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)

Roll Eyes Don't pay any mind to what Theo says. He thinks everything sucks. Dissing popular songs/bands is his shtick. The fact that he's dissing it will probably just get more people interested in it.

they are talking about it on the air right now on 98 online

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1174 on: October 22, 2008, 09:35:08 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)

Australian radio sucks and alot of people in this country don't know shit about GN'R or CD but are still quick to bad mouth the band, mainly Axl. All I've heard on radio in this country is how Guns N' Roses broke up in the mid 90's and that anything else in the name is not real.

But like you said D.J's say this to get a rise out of people (us).

Fuck them all though. I don't want these people to listen to this album because they have already made up their minds on what it is going to be like and will give it an unfair review.

Like was said earlier, this music is for us.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1175 on: October 22, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »

if anyone heard that guy talking about it's not poppy on 98 rock, it was me peace

finally they are playing it right now

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #1176 on: October 22, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

if anyone heard that guy talking about it's not poppy on 98 rock, it was me peace

finally they are playing it right now
Glad you called to protest what was an absolutely retarded statement....It showed the guy didn't listen to the song one iota.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1177 on: October 22, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »

979x.com is playing it every hour on the hour.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1178 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »

Some say, its not gnr without slash and I'm not interested.

thats such an ignorant response.     to not even give it a chance, no one with that opinion should be taken seriously.

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one hihi
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1179 on: October 22, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

Some say, its not gnr without slash and I'm not interested.

thats such an ignorant response.     to not even give it a chance, no one with that opinion should be taken seriously.

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one hihi

How come AC/DC is still AC/DC without Bon? If slash had died instead of LEAVING the band, do you think people would still have this opinion?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE