Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 286079 times)
NegZero
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1140 on: October 22, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »

Sorry if it's been said (I read most of the thread but might have missed it) but has anyone heard CD on any XM Satellite radio stations?  Just wondered, cause I'd love to hear it with that digital quality...   Let me (us all) know!  Thanks.
ben9785
« Reply #1141 on: October 22, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »

Sorry if it's been said (I read most of the thread but might have missed it) but has anyone heard CD on any XM Satellite radio stations?  Just wondered, cause I'd love to hear it with that digital quality...   Let me (us all) know!  Thanks.

Maybe check the radio station websites man? I'm sure they'd have a mention of it somewhere..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1142 on: October 22, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »

That is the song by the way on legal sites....

I re read my post and it sounded unclear.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ben9785
« Reply #1143 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »

Vamos tomar varias caipirinhas e cervejas!  Nossa, da mo tombo na praia - tudo escutando guns.

Yes Fernando, bring me some drinks!

Thanks!

/jarmo

Cheers Jarmo. Thanks for everything over the years man.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

They just switch dj's and Theo from 98 got a call and someone told the caller that new song sounds "poppy" and if it sucks, don't play it, Theo made a vote for people to text yes or no for it and Theo played it for 1 min of it and diss/ made fun of the song and said they will play it later when people go to sleep

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)
http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/SOLON/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=wiyyfm&useSame=True&type=IE

Of all the possible criticisms you can make, "poppy" certainly wouldn't be one of them. The song isn't driven by hooks, which is what I consider "poppy" to be. It's just an in-your face, propulsive rocker that gets better with each listen. Awesome guitar work, great vocals....it seems most of the people that hate the song already had their minds made up before even listening to it......

Poppy. It's an in your face song. Donno where Poppy comes from. That would be Better IMO.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1145 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

I got a much deeper feel for the song when I heard it in my car, which is much quieter than my workplace.

It goes without saying that the song is pretty complex, and unless you're hearing it with headphones or in a quiet room (or car), you miss a lot of the little nuances.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
slashedtires
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1146 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »

saw this one that's positive.

http://www.chartattack.com/reviews/61854/guns-n-roses-single-reviewed

Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1147 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

They just switch dj's and Theo from 98 got a call and someone told the caller that new song sounds "poppy" and if it sucks, don't play it, Theo made a vote for people to text yes or no for it and Theo played it for 1 min of it and diss/ made fun of the song and said they will play it later when people go to sleep

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)
http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/SOLON/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=wiyyfm&useSame=True&type=IE

Of all the possible criticisms you can make, "poppy" certainly wouldn't be one of them. The song isn't driven by hooks, which is what I consider "poppy" to be. It's just an in-your face, propulsive rocker that gets better with each listen. Awesome guitar work, great vocals....it seems most of the people that hate the song already had their minds made up before even listening to it......

Poppy. It's an in your face song. Donno where Poppy comes from. That would be Better IMO.

CD is "poppy"  Huh, This song is heavy....."Almost Grungy"   I'm calling up and making my rant to the fucker!

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #1148 on: October 22, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »

98 Rock in Baltimore,

rant FUCK 98 Rock rant

98 Rock (Baltimore)

CD is "poppy"  Huh, This song is heavy....."Almost Grungy"   I'm calling up and making my rant to the fucker!
Exactly...just sounds like the jerkoff knew he was going to make fun of the song before even listening to it. Didn't matter what the song sounded like, he was going to flame it...
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #1149 on: October 22, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

solid review.....of course most people will say it doesnt live up to the 14 years but for people who sit down and listen to this song its groundbreaking and will change rock ! axl rules and so does Guns 

scraped
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1150 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »

CD isn't a disposable trash filled pop candy shit song

It is impossible to fully "GET" a song like CD listening to it for 1 minute. It takes a few listens to fully understand everything.'

DJ's fucking suck and going by what is hot on the charts, I'll take any CD disses as a compliment cause these fuckheads obviously have no clue what great/real music is.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1151 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

I don't know what Washington DC said about the track, can someone can tell me............I can't believe I live in Baltimore Tongue..... I like they what they said when they played I.R.S back in 06 and saying it was different, but nice track......assholes

www.dc101.com to hear the full track of the song

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1152 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »

98 Rock is so full shit.  They were giving tickets out for the 2006 tour, so I guess theyre now turning there backs to GNR.  Besides they suck anyway they all try to be watered down versions of howard stern

Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1153 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »

CD isn't a disposable trash filled pop candy shit song

It is impossible to fully "GET" a song like CD listening to it for 1 minute. It takes a few listens to fully understand everything.'

DJ's fucking suck and going by what is hot on the charts, I'll take any CD disses as a compliment cause these fuckheads obviously have no clue what great/real music is.

Everyone compares it to "Old Guns"........just have a open mind about this song and not compare it old guns

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1154 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

Well... i have been on town now, and made alot of people know whats going on! This is stil so big! LOVE U GNR! LOVE U AXL!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #1155 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »

98 Rock is so full shit.  They were giving tickets out for the 2006 tour, so I guess theyre now turning there backs to GNR.  Besides they suck anyway they all try to be watered down versions of howard stern

I know  Angry I don't understand it, I think Stash the other dj like's it

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1156 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

AC/DC, Motley Crue, Metallica have all released new albums recently, and yet they all sound exactly the same as they did many years ago. They're playing the new Metallica song as I'm typing this, and you'd never know it was a "new" song.

"Chinese Democracy" sounds nothing like anything Guns N' Roses has ever done before, which is why a lot of people won't like it at first--- just like people didn't like the UYI albums because they didn't sound like AFD. Axl has never allowed his music to grow stale; he's always adapting, evolving, developing a new sound. More reason why I think "Chinese Democracy" was a great pick for a first single is because, even though it's very different than what people are expecting, I don't think it's as drastic a change as some of the other new tracks, like "TWAT," for example. "Chinese Democracy" is a good song to get people accustomed to the new sound of Guns N' Roses.

This isn't even going to be one of the better tracks on the album, and it already kicks more ass than any other rock song I've heard on the radio in several years.

you made some really good points about people becoming accustomed to the new sound and CDs not being to drastic of a change as others
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1157 on: October 22, 2008, 08:58:01 PM »

Fuck me! Just got home on my lunch break and listened to it!!! Amazing! Where are you now doubters??

Mike

sadly they are all on the phones calling in to the radio hihi

i'm right here and glad to be wrong rofl
the song sounds great and will probably take a listens to completely appreciate it;

can't wait to hear the entire album on a CD Player Grin

but i wasn't calling into radio stations hating on the song hihi
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1158 on: October 22, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »

AC/DC, Motley Crue, Metallica have all released new albums recently, and yet they all sound exactly the same as they did many years ago. They're playing the new Metallica song as I'm typing this, and you'd never know it was a "new" song.

"Chinese Democracy" sounds nothing like anything Guns N' Roses has ever done before, which is why a lot of people won't like it at first--- just like people didn't like the UYI albums because they didn't sound like AFD. Axl has never allowed his music to grow stale; he's always adapting, evolving, developing a new sound. More reason why I think "Chinese Democracy" was a great pick for a first single is because, even though it's very different than what people are expecting, I don't think it's as drastic a change as some of the other new tracks, like "TWAT," for example. "Chinese Democracy" is a good song to get people accustomed to the new sound of Guns N' Roses.

This isn't even going to be one of the better tracks on the album, and it already kicks more ass than any other rock song I've heard on the radio in several years.

you made some really good points about people becoming accustomed to the new sound and CDs not being to drastic of a change as others

And thats the problem.  People like predictable, same old s@#$ retreads.  GN'R created a brand new sounding album that has everything a rock fan would want.  But people complain its not AFD.  My attitude is I love it, and you love buy it and support the band.  If you feel its just Axl, its not GNR, the music sucks, then dont buy it.  But atleast Axl has the balls to make NEW music unlike some bands

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1159 on: October 22, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »

Fuck me! Just got home on my lunch break and listened to it!!! Amazing! Where are you now doubters??

Mike

sadly they are all on the phones calling in to the radio hihi

i'm right here and glad to be wrong rofl
the song sounds great and will probably take a listens to completely appreciate it;

can't wait to hear the entire album on a CD Player Grin

but i wasn't calling into radio stations hating on the song hihi

Most people wouldn't be big enough to admit that.  Kudos to you, dude.

I really think that the new rhythm guitar track during the verses has changed the energy of the song and made it better.  It stays more uptempo thanks to that part.  A great addition by Bumblefoot indeed.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: