Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 285863 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1060 on: October 22, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »

has howard stern played it? I'm in the UK so i have no idea when he is on in the US, but I remember he played the IRS leak and commented on it, so I'm sure he'll play and comment on CD.
I've got the Stern show taped, haven't listened to the whole thing yet.  I'm up to Robin's news, that'd probably be the time they'd go over it.  Early in the show coming out of a commercial break, Fred played "Paradise City" and Howard commented that he heard that Axl Rose had finished up CD and was actually releasing it.  He said he thought it was already out and said it probably wouldn't do well because it wouldn't be relevant anymore.  Mind you, this is all without even listening to one second of any of the music.  I'll let you know if they go over it during the news portion.  I sent them e-mails with links to the song being streamed by various radio stations.  Not sure if they got them though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1061 on: October 22, 2008, 05:35:16 PM »

i think they just wanted to release a cool rocker, something that wasnt too slow and wouldnt automatically turn the haters off right away.

Yeah, and also probably because it is the title track of the album

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1062 on: October 22, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

ok..as a huge fan and a fan of every new song except shacklers....I would say that this seeming last minute decision to release c.d. as the first single was a bad one. I was just over on AOL where they request opnions of the song and 90% are bad. Its not just them that feel that way..I feel that at best the song is very average and cliched and holds none of the special axl magic that the blues, twat or better have. Better as a first single followed by twat or if the world would have really brought the band back...instead people are just gonna hear c.d. go ehhhh, nevermind, not buy the album.  I just wish better was the 1st single...sigh....all this work to not put your best foot forward...i hope people get past it to hear the rest of the greatness inside.

Most of those places are not fans of GnR they were not even alive when GnR but out AFD or UYI.  On a CFL fan site (Candian football) A member posted about how great he thought the song was he had never herd it before did not even know they had a new single.  The Gen PoP will love it as long as they remember that it is an album and forget it took 14 years to come out
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1063 on: October 22, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »

I was just over on AOL where they request opnions of the song and 90% are bad.

Sorry, but these people voting might not be the same people who are even thinking about buying the album.

They're probably more concerned about what Paris Hilton's next album will sound like than GN'R.....

Then there's those that say "no" to everything because they have an agenda.

Here in Sweden it was premiered on national radio. It was played between Bob Sinclair and a former Idols contestant.

Do you think the track sticks out? Here comes a song that you can listen to multiple times and it just gets better.

Many listeners' attention span is probably shorter than the intro!  hihi

I wouldn't take their advice on what's good and what's not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1064 on: October 22, 2008, 05:52:37 PM »

Sorry, but these people voting might not be the same people who are even thinking about buying the album.

They're probably more concerned about what Paris Hilton's next album will sound like than GN'R.....

Here in Sweden it was premiered on national radio. It was played between Bob Sinclair and a former Idols contestant.

Do you think the track sticks out? Here comes a song that you can listen to multiple times and it just gets better.

/jarmo

Good take.  Even in the height of GNR many people did not like them....but success is not measured by the people who don't like you, but the ones who do, the ones who buy the album and go to the shows..... and I think there will be plenty of us along for this ride!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Olorin
« Reply #1065 on: October 22, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »

I posted a link to a completely impartial audience, its a fitness forum. The guys are all aged 20 to 40, its been as mixed a responce as you would expect.

Some say, meh... its ok

Some say, not what I was expecting but I actually really like it

Some say, its not gnr without slash and I'm not interested.

I think thats all you can expect from this song, but I cant see anybody growing to dislike it because like all the new songs, they get more and more likeable with each listen. The fact that the song has been played to a universal audience as opposed to a rock audience, I think it has been a great success today.
I'm  sure if they follow up this song swiftly with a more melodic song people will be won over, I'm tied between Better and Madagascar for the follow up.

All in all I am very happy with todays responce.

danimll
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1066 on: October 22, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »

who cares about gen pop audience..let them buy the hinder album or whatever...gnr needs to win old gnr fans..just like metallica just needs 2 hold their audience and add a few more..they don;t need to reach out to nickelback fans to do it. the comments on aol are from fans that love illusions and appetite but don't like c.d. single.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1067 on: October 22, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »

thats such an ignorant response.     to not even give it a chance, no one with that opinion should be taken seriously.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1068 on: October 22, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »

/jarmo

true, but if you want to rebuild gnr to that big band, that ruled the world, you have to go with something more radiofriendly than cd (i like the song, but there is no real chorus, it's not really catchy, there's that long intro, and all in all it's too hard and industrially cold for mainstream radio, even for a lot of rock fans). so, my basic question: is cd just something they threw into the airwaves to get some attention, or is it THE single with video etc? in the later case i think gnr made a mistake... in other words: will there be a "big gun" single before the album comes out?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 06:16:14 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1069 on: October 22, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

thats such an ignorant response.     to not even give it a chance, no one with that opinion should be taken seriously.

Right.

Here someone is judging music, vocals...everything because someone with curly hair didn't participate. hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1070 on: October 22, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »

true, but if you want to rebuild gnr to that big band, that ruled the world, you have to go with something more radiofriendly than cd

Rome wasn't built in a day....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »

The fact is that we like this song, we shouldn't care if some stupid ass teenagers don't like it because they're too into their own music.

Chinese Democracy sounds great, especially with the newly recorded drum parts.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:08 PM »

U cant listen to idiots.

I just read some douche talking about how James Hetfield was a great singer till he got burned in Montreal..................

These are the same fucking morons who comment stupid shit on CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axlholic
Opening Act

Its not a comeback its a RESURRECTION!!

« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »

Another, radio station (WRIF DETROIT) asking the generic "was it worth it question"  Vote and let the world know that Chinese Democracy and the return of uncle axl is well worth the wait!

http://wrif.com/content/2008_10GnRTrack.asp
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #1074 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »

/jarmo

true, but if you want to rebuild gnr to that big band, that ruled the world, you have to go with something more radiofriendly than cd (i like the song, but there is no real chorus, it's not really catchy, there's that long intro, and all in all it's too hard and industrially cold for mainstream radio, even for a lot of rock fans). so, my basic question: is cd just something they threw into the airwaves to get some attention, or is it THE single with video etc? in the later case i think gnr made a mistake... in other words: will there be a "big gun" single before the album comes out?

I'm sure the big gun single will follow.  It's basically the formula they had in the 80's with most bands put out a rocker then throw out the Ballad that'll make it really take off then add another rocker and so on with however many singles they wanna have.  

Ready to Crash and Burn
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1075 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »

U cant listen to idiots.

Grin

Fuck it, I'll be nice....

/jarmo

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1076 on: October 22, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »

The song is magic.  drool

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #1077 on: October 22, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »

true, but if you want to rebuild gnr to that big band, that ruled the world, you have to go with something more radiofriendly than cd

Rome wasn't built in a day....

/jarmo

Exactly....One thing we've always seen from Guns N Roses, whether in the old days or with the outstanding new band, they've offered a little bit of something for everyone. I truly believe that will be the case once the album comes out. I love the new single, it's outstanding, and even though I've heard it many times throughout the years in concert or otherwise, the studio version is fresh and rocking...I was so pumped hearing it on the radio today. Guns N Roses are back!!!!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #1078 on: October 22, 2008, 06:22:47 PM »

The song is magic.  drool

Michael Jackson would argue that...he thinks all his shit is magic... hihi
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1079 on: October 22, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »

I just woke up, what did I miss?

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: