Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who wants to make a bet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants to make a bet?  (Read 9372 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »

Ok, I didn't shave my head when the album didnt come out but have u seen my hair? I

or delete your account like you said you would if were to chuck liddell were to lose the match which he did  hihi
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

Something tells me Axl will push for CD as the first single...personally, I'd be lobbying for Better.  But then again, we haven't heard the final tracks.  (nor do I want to with the album so close at hand)  It's GNR, who the hell knows what's gonna happen!  Cool

btw, isn't "Welsh" when used in that manner a pejorative term?  Aren't there any folks from Wales here??   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »

I didn't make a bet on "chuck Liddell" though

I did bet someone that I'd shave my head, but fuck that, seriously. I had a friend shave his head once and the shit never grew back.

The Chuck Liddell thing was Hyperbole, just showing what a monumental upset it would be for him to lose.

Deleting my account is as monumental of a statement I could make to show the unlikeliness.

I didn't bet with another poster and say, Ok if Chuck wins u delete yours, if Rashad wins I'll delete mine.

That is a bet. I just made an overexaggerated statement. big difference!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »

I did bet someone that I'd shave my head, but fuck that, seriously. I had a friend shave his head once and the shit never grew back.

The Chuck Liddell thing was Hyperbole, just showing what a monumental upset it would be for him to lose.

Deleting my account is as monumental of a statement I could make to show the unlikeliness.

I didn't bet with another poster and say, Ok if Chuck wins u delete yours, if Rashad wins I'll delete mine.

I bet shaving your head completely would be preferable to Finck's 'whatever' (obviously doesn't affect his guitar skills)...I have shaved completely several times, always grows back, don't get cute and try to NAIR it though...oh, and people look f'n wierd without eyebrows.   hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 09:45:07 PM »

Yeah, D is a betting fool.

I'm making a bet that it will debut #1 for sure

Give Rock music some respect and credibility.

I'm tired of hip hop dominating the charts... makes me sick.

Chinese Democracy - #1

and I bet it stays there 3 weeks straight.

i can't agree more

CHINESE DEMOCRACY #1 headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

Well thanks.

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

C.D. is going to gobble the charts!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »

CD will stay maximum one week in number 1
because even if we hate her.. britney is realasing her CD next week.. and it is her BIG comeback.. she has a HUGE fanbase and is already being promoted and raping the lists in the radio  crying

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »

I'd make a bet of some sort. I'm certain Kanye West will debut at number 1 that week. Although this is one bet I'd hope to lose.

When Kanye & 50 Cent had their "1st week sales" battle last year:

Graduation's first week sales of 957,000 and Curtis' first week sales of 691,000 meant that the competition resulted in only the second time ever (since Nielsen SoundScan began collecting data in 1991) that two albums sold more than 600,000 in a week in the United States. The first occurrence of such an event was in 1991, when Guns N' Roses released Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, selling 685,000 and 770,000 copies, respectively.

So... in order to debut at #1... GN'R would not only have to beat Kanye's first week, but most likely beat the first week totals of UYI 1 & 2.  Personally, I think the people calling for a million in the first week are out of their minds!  It should be fun to watch.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 11:56:06 PM »

I'd make a bet of some sort. I'm certain Kanye West will debut at number 1 that week. Although this is one bet I'd hope to lose.

When Kanye & 50 Cent had their "1st week sales" battle last year:

Graduation's first week sales of 957,000 and Curtis' first week sales of 691,000 meant that the competition resulted in only the second time ever (since Nielsen SoundScan began collecting data in 1991) that two albums sold more than 600,000 in a week in the United States. The first occurrence of such an event was in 1991, when Guns N' Roses released Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, selling 685,000 and 770,000 copies, respectively.

So... in order to debut at #1... GN'R would not only have to beat Kanye's first week, but most likely beat the first week totals of UYI 1 & 2.  Personally, I think the people calling for a million in the first week are out of their minds!  It should be fun to watch.

To be fair, Kanye and 50 Cent split the same demographic. Axl and Kanye will not have that problem. That being said, neither is going to sell 1 million first week, and I still say Kanye sells more.

Chinese Democracy will be no flop though. I'd bet that over the long haul CD does very well. I'd love to be wrong here, that's just how I see it.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 01:21:30 AM »

I'll chop off my balls if CD doesn't debut at #1

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 01:56:24 AM »

it'll debut at #1. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:27 AM »

it'll debut at #1. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Its going to be tough for it too debut number 1 but i think it will as well. And your right, who knows where it will go from there. Its definetly going to be interesting.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:04 AM »

What else comes out the week of 11-25? If CD comes out on 11-23 it gets a 2 day jumpstart on the rest.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »

I believe Kanye West, The Killers, Chris Cornell, and Scott Weiland have releases that day.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 02:18:10 AM »

The only one of those I see giving GnR any real competition is Kayne. Even then, worst case scenario, CD debuts at #2. Again though, if it's released on the 23rd, then those extra 2 days may be enough to land it at #1.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 03:22:18 AM »

I think Kenye will be buying CD!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 04:21:55 AM »

I can definitely see a #1 debut.  But with such a mid-tempo tracklist and not enough head-banging rocker tunes I believe it will quickly run out of steam.  Of course us Axl cultists are gonna eat the album up and preach it's musical brilliance, but aside from a few tracks we haven't heard yet there's not gonna be enough there to keep the casual fan entertained.

Most people who aren't crazy about sappy ballads will tolerate them as long as there's plenty of hard rockers kicking their asses in between, like UYI.  Seems like CD is top-heavy in the sap department.  Very slow-tempo, melodic tunes and not enough hard rocking punch.

But, we'll see.

I'm just happy CITR is gonna be on there.  Personally, I would've been very disappointed with CD if it hadn't made the cut.

Splash
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »

at the start of the year i bet i'd shave my head if CD came out in 2008.. starting to regret that now.. this hair took ages to grow Sad
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »

at the start of the year i bet i'd shave my head if CD came out in 2008.. starting to regret that now.. this hair took ages to grow Sad
Legally speaking, did you specify which head?  Hate to play the technicalities, but sometimes that all you've got... rofl

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Splash
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »

LOL! No i didn't Tongue But i'm pretty sure which head i'd rather take a razor to...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: