Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy and Welcome to the Jungle
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy and Welcome to the Jungle  (Read 3733 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 03:12:44 PM »

Actually WTTJ is a pretty complex arrangement, CD, not so much.  But the delay on the guitars at the intro and the howl by Axl are the similarities I am noting.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »

I wouldn't say the guitar work is better. Cool if it sounds better to you, but really, these guys can't hang with Slash. GNR may have some virtuosos, but Slash is a legend. CD just sounds like it's been done before, whereas WTTJ was a breath of fresh air. This of course I'm judging by the leaks and live versions, so I will revise my opinion when I hear the final version, which I'm hoping does change my mind.

I would say the guitar playing in WTTJ is raw with a blues back bone. Technically speaking CD has the better guitar work though. And I like the better melodies. I like WTTJ but never got it like a lot of others have. I'd lived PC and Sweet Child O Mine from that album much more.

Are u kidding me?

Power Chords are more technical than the riffage in WTTJ? CD is like 4 power chords the entire song.

WTTJ is straight forward blues. CD Is straight forward as well but obviously the intro and solo area are a lot more complex. The solo in WTTJ is blues based as you can get.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »

Smoking Gun- I never said you think CD was better than WTTJ. My last post was not directed at you or anyone in particular. In my last post... I was illustrating the differences between the two songs based on my opinion. Don't be so sensitive.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »

I wouldn't say the guitar work is better. Cool if it sounds better to you, but really, these guys can't hang with Slash. GNR may have some virtuosos, but Slash is a legend. CD just sounds like it's been done before, whereas WTTJ was a breath of fresh air. This of course I'm judging by the leaks and live versions, so I will revise my opinion when I hear the final version, which I'm hoping does change my mind.

I would say the guitar playing in WTTJ is raw with a blues back bone. Technically speaking CD has the better guitar work though. And I like the better melodies. I like WTTJ but never got it like a lot of others have. I'd lived PC and Sweet Child O Mine from that album much more.

Are u kidding me?

Power Chords are more technical than the riffage in WTTJ? CD is like 4 power chords the entire song.

WTTJ is straight forward blues. CD Is straight forward as well but obviously the intro and solo area are a lot more complex. The solo in WTTJ is blues based as you can get.

whats complex about playing 4 power chords?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »

Are u kidding me?

The verses and chorus aren't more complex but the solo sure is. As well as the intro. And the music behind it.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »

Smoking Gun- I never said you think CD was better than WTTJ. My last post was not directed at you or anyone in particular. In my last post... I was illustrating the differences between the two songs based on my opinion. Don't be so sensitive.

Sorry hudson for lashing out.  It won't happen again.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »

I really feel like Chinese Democracy is the new Welcome to the Jungle and would work equally well as an opener at concerts.
The intro to both songs as well as the solo and the general feel of the song both give me goosebumps. They're both brilliant album openers as well as concert openers.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »

Are u kidding me?

And what about Bucket's licks throughout the whole song? Roll Eyes

AC
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »

Are u kidding me?

The few notes at the beginning of WTTJ doesn't make it technically hard either.

Technically speaking CD is much harder to play as a whole, not comparing the chords to the little riffs here and there. That's my opinion based on playing the two songs (rhythm and lead).

IMO, CD has much more energy and would go great as a concert opener, and I think it's time to change it up a bit and promote the new album. Normally the first song in support of a new album is a new song. We all know GN'R aren't "normal" so who knows what they will decide to do.

a.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:03:38 PM by aa » Logged

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »

CD is awsome as an opening song to the album. With the chinese voices and the guitar in the begining is killer. But not their best song in general.
As for similarities to WTTJ. None that I can see, except they both have the slow delay guitar intro, Which is cool.
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 02:36:06 AM »

chinese is a great opening song for the album, i still think axl will open up with jungle at concerts. the song is fucking epic and classic, and gets the crowd going into a huge frenzy. chinese is a great rocker tho and i think should be played first song in the encore!  Cool

scraped
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: