Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228479 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Whatever Happened To Libertad?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever Happened To Libertad?  (Read 11237 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: October 16, 2008, 05:38:58 AM »

...Well? I know it didn't do well at all, but I was just interested in knowing how many units it sold? How come they never put out a second single or even try to promote the album?

Fuck 'Em All.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:09:02 AM »

5, everyone in the band got it hihi

Chinese Democracy!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »

hold up buddy, pretty sure there were 3 singles;

She Builds Quick Machines"

Released: May 21, 2007

"The Last Fight"

Released: August 20, 2007

"Get Out the Door" - cant remeber if it was actually released

The album did average; i think it sold like 350, 000 i read somewhere? I do agree the promotion was fucking shocking; i didn't even hear about it on the radio; or hear any singles ONCE on the radio. 

I think there were so many tensions in the band, they probably were half like "fuck it". It's a pretty avg. album.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:20:25 AM »

Right my mistake. There were two singles. Embarrassed

Fuck 'Em All.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »

It was a shit album, plain and simple. Get out the Door was easily the best song and mainly written by Dave, his baby i think, great song indeed. Other than that and one or two others its basically unlistenable.  Can't wait for new Loaded and CD or course, which after seeing the track list, i am nervious about for the first time.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »

I loved Contraband, but Libertad felt like a throw-away to me. I don't think I've listened to it in months.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »

They made a concert video for "Get out the door". I saw it online tho. I never saw any videos on tv and only heard SBQM on the radio. Still hear "Slither" once in a while and never the Libertad stuff. I still like the album. A couple clunkers but overall good.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »

SBQM had the worst video I think I've ever seen in my life.

I do like the album though. It took a shit load of listens to get into, but now, I can listen to Let It Roll, She Mine, Get out the Door, Last Fight, Grave Dancer, Messages is still one of the best fucking songs ever and they are still complete retards for not putting that on the album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Olorin
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »

Is that that cowboy one? When Slash body slams someone in a bar brawl whislt smoking a fag and wearing a tophat?

I would have refused point blank to take part, what an embarresment. I think they all must have fell off the wagon that day!
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:08:42 AM »

I do like the album though. It took a shit load of listens to get into, but now, I can listen to Let It Roll, She Mine, Get out the Door, Last Fight, Grave Dancer, Messages is still one of the best fucking songs ever and they are still complete retards for not putting that on the album.

Agree, SBQM was a terrible choice for a lead single - and that awful, awful video totally killed it.

However, I still like the album, Let it roll, Get out the door, Last fight, just 16 etc, great songs, not to mention Messages!

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »

I lovethe album and listen to it on a regular basis, much more so than Contraband, but I love that album too ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »

Get Out The Door was a single, there were 3 singles.  I heard them all on the radio, I heard SBQM a few weeks back.  Haven't heard TLF or GOTD in some time though.  I have Sirius and the rock station on there (Octane) pumped the album pretty good.  They had a VR weekend and members of the band came in and took over the weekend the album came out.  They promoted their tour and gave away concert tickets.  The DJ's spoke highly of the album.  They did their part for sure.  Maybe that just shows you not many people had Sirius at that time, OR the interest just wasn't there this time around.  I'm going with the latter.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gnr2k6
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »

at first i liked it but lets face it ...its shit and if u hadnt of known u would have thought it was slash
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:24 AM »

Good-album, I liked it, horrible choice for first single-I think messages would have been great on the album, and maybe as a first single for something different-I just think they were good tracks, but nothing outstanding

libertad
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:49:47 AM »

Get Out The Door was a single, there were 3 singles. 

Humpf. That just goes to show. I didn't even know about it. I still think they just gave up on the album midway. They could have done better I guess, but the music is still better than most of the crap out there today....

Fuck 'Em All.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

at first i liked it but lets face it ...its shit and if u hadnt of known u would have thought it was slash

I don't understand this statement.
anyhoo, I like the album. too bad it didn't get the promotion it deserved. anyway, from later statements, it doesn't seem the band was fully behind the album, and in that has probably contributed a lot to how it all ended up.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »

Get Out The Door was a single, there were 3 singles. 

Humpf. That just goes to show. I didn't even know about it. I still think they just gave up on the album midway. They could have done better I guess, but the music is still better than most of the crap out there today....
Yeah that was the one they had the fans vote on the website what their next (and last) single should be.  Get Out The Door won.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »

Just Sixteen and Gas And A Dollar Laugh were both cool songs.  And there were a few others that were ok.  But generally, it was distinctly average album, which I think I only listened to once or twice in full. 

Hopefully the next stuff and slash's solo stuff is a big improvement. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
makane
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »

The joke is, that they put the best song (dont drop that dime) as a secret track. I guess it wasnt "hip" enough. Messages was also good, but ofcourse left out.

When I first heard the album, I mostly felt betrayed by the band, after all they really hyped the shit out of it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:45:58 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »

had totally forgotten gas and a dollar laugh, will give it a listen now
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: