Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alternate Covers N' Vinyl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternate Covers N' Vinyl  (Read 14937 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:34 AM »

Best buy only have two cover variations on there now, when did the other one vanish?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »

Best buy only have two cover variations on there now, when did the other one vanish?

two? I can only the see one cover? The one with the bike, black and grey?  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Jada
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »

We're not talking about 20 something wannabe rockers here, so the album cover doesn't need to have sex,drugs&rockn'roll written all over it. JMHO.

Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

If the bike art is the/a real cover this would explain why its taken so long to get the album done.

Axl clearly knows what he wants (he talked about this cover in 2002)and doesn't take second best. The drum score on one of the songs, (can't remember which) was mentioned as needing a specific sound, an autitorium (sp?) sound in IIRC. The complexity of the drum track was mentioned also.

If the album has been done with this intensity all the way through, which I think it has, this will be a fantastic achievement. Does anybody recalled Goerge Lucas of Star Wars fame, not filming one of the films because the technology hadn't been developed to film it? I think Chinese Democracy has been delayed for similar reasons.

Have to say Respect to Axl if this is the case. The shit and fucking aggro he's endured to nurse his Baby to the finish line would kill off a lesser man. Well done sir, I bow to your patience   love

Now get your ass over to the Isle of Wight, you know you want too!

I've read by many bands that laboring over particular albums too long became detrimental to the process, and the album suffered for it. Not saying that'll be the case with CD, I've heard most of it and think it'll be great but I'm not sure it's a great approach. Your George Lucas reference for example(though it's 2 different worlds), the first 3 are classics, and the last 3 suck. Artists are normally there own biggest critics, but you have to know when something is done and when it's time to walk away from it.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »

two? I can only the see one cover? The one with the bike, black and grey?  Smiley

sorry i didnt mean there were two pictures on there.....
i meant before they had 3 variations listed, cover A (Bb) B(Bb) C(Bb)
and now its just cover A(Bb) and B(Bb) both on cd and vinyl, so now theres 4 listings instead of 6

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 06:30:31 AM »

I really admire Axl for sticking with his original vision if that is the album cover.

I thought over the years he would have changed the cover, but he seems to have stuck with it peace

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
overmatik
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »

A reliable source in ChineseDemocracy.com has confirmed this cover as official.

But I mean, there will be three covers, so now I'm anxious for the other 2. Maybe that's why the album has 3 covers, Axl might have got 2 other ideas for the cover, so as he couldn't decide among the 3 he chose to release them all together!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »

I was told by a best buy rep, that there will be 3 covers in total, and that CD will be on vinyl also.

I'm very psyched. Anyone have any other covers?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »

So what do you think, is this cover b? I hope it is, it's cool.

On my image isn't something holding that red rope, becouse in vids there are only few pixels of it.

This image reminds me of this transmitter in prague

http://data.turistik.cz/!/imgnew/cile-2008/45967/13489920080421063301.jpg
http://data.turistik.cz/!/imgnew/cile/45967/6492520070809115342.jpg
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

If that second one is the cover, I will be dissapointed.

I mean it's okay. I like the original cover.

It's not bad but the original one is great, simple and very gn'r

I don't think that is the alternate.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »

If that second one is the cover, I will be dissapointed.

I mean it's okay. I like the original cover.

It's not bad but the original one is great, simple and very gn'r

I don't think that is the alternate.

I second that. The bike cover is absolutely fantastic!

i really doubt the star/fetus image will be the second cover.

homo homini lupus...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2008, 03:30:09 PM »

ANyone else think that all the different covers and the vynil copies are being put out their so the hardcores can buy 1 of each and help raise the total sales for the album? Don't all different versions sales add up together for the total amount of CD sold?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2008, 03:40:01 PM »

ANyone else think that all the different covers and the vynil copies are being put out their so the hardcores can buy 1 of each and help raise the total sales for the album? Don't all different versions sales add up together for the total amount of CD sold?

Yes.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »

I didn't realize Axl had ever mentioned a bike being on the cover of Chinese Democracy. When/what exactly did he say? Can someone provide a link?

I find the album cover intriguing. All the times I've dreamed/fantasized about the day I'd walk into a record store and see Chinese Democracy sitting on the shelves, I never imagined that it would have a bike on it. I always imagined the image being louder, more intense. But I like the simplicity of it. And you know that it isn't just some pic of a bike . . . The image has meaning to Axl, to the album, or he would not have chosen it. I'm just wondering, what might that meaning be?

The huge ass basket makes me think of all the people--- musicians, producers, whatnot--- that have had their hand in making this CD.

Here Today . . .
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »

I didn't realize Axl had ever mentioned a bike being on the cover of Chinese Democracy. When/what exactly did he say? Can someone provide a link?

August 14th, 2002 - Hong Kong, China @ Hall 3, HKCEC (Summer Sonic 2002)

Before GN'R played Chinese Democracy, Axl told a little anecdote why the new album is called "Chinese Democracy". He said it was because he saw a photo taken in Hong Kong, which he's using as the new album cover. Then he showed it on the video screens. It was a black and white picture of a bicycle with a basket, and in the wall behind it, someone had grafittied "guns n roses".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »

Wonder who took the picture and if it was done professionally.

Great story and it fits gn'r perfect. Every little detail has it's story and all the pieces fall into place!

Legendary!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »

August 14th, 2002 - Hong Kong, China @ Hall 3, HKCEC (Summer Sonic 2002)

Before GN'R played Chinese Democracy, Axl told a little anecdote why the new album is called "Chinese Democracy". He said it was because he saw a photo taken in Hong Kong, which he's using as the new album cover. Then he showed it on the video screens. It was a black and white picture of a bicycle with a basket, and in the wall behind it, someone had grafittied "guns n roses".

/jarmo
Off topic, but when is the Jarmo 'tell all' book coming out?  You know it all! Put that scumbag Mick Wall where he belongs!  hihi

The simplicity of this cover is unexpected, and rather...ordinary...could be done in Photoshop in about 10 seconds.  Not attacking it - don't really care if he uses a plain brown wrapper (I think its the text/solid line that is bothering me)...I am in this for the music, and from what I have heard, it is going to be killer...crayon cover or whatever.  Bring it on! peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »

Looking at the position of the Guns n Roses on the wall, it appears (to me at least) to be over a big drop, ie not stood on the pavement to write it. Which begs the question, who did it, was it somebody who loves to place their art in often hard to reach places Blanksey ? perhaps

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

Looking at the position of the Guns n Roses on the wall, it appears (to me at least) to be over a big drop, ie not stood on the pavement to write it. Which begs the question, who did it, was it somebody who loves to place their art in often hard to reach places Blanksey ? perhaps
We must be looking at different pics, because the one I see is clearly an alley or side of a building...I think the point is that someone in a wholly repressive martial society took the risk of expressing their love for GnR...probably hit a chord with Axl.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2008, 11:04:44 AM »

I wonder what the alternate cover is gonna be? I like the bike picture and grafitti.  Cheesy I can't imagine the other one beeing totally different, like perhaps different colors? Or a different picture in the same style? Curious.  Grin  but what do I know.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: