Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alternate Covers N' Vinyl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternate Covers N' Vinyl  (Read 14938 times)
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »

i hope it's fan art cause that cover is lame.

As I said before, the picture isn't so bad. But the "GUNS N' ROSES" and the "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" have too much of a MS Word look... And let we not forgert that it can also be a fuking joke by Best Buy... hihi

yeah, there is almost nothing on this that speaks back to all the current text styles and designs of all current gnr imagery. this is leading me to beleive it might be fake.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Jada
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 02:14:48 PM »

Mabye its a big basket purely because this is a genuine photograph of a genuine bike leaning against a genuine wall with Guns N' Roses spray painted on it.

Its not like a staged photoshoot.

But if you think of it as art, it could be interpreted in many ways.

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 02:17:22 PM »

Mabye its a big basket purely because this is a genuine photograph of a genuine bike leaning against a genuine wall with Guns N' Roses spray painted on it.

im pretty sure the story goes.... someone took a picture of this bike, and it happened to be that gnr was spray painted in the background.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Jada
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »

i hope it's fan art cause that cover is lame.

As I said before, the picture isn't so bad. But the "GUNS N' ROSES" and the "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" have too much of a MS Word look... And let we not forgert that it can also be a fuking joke by Best Buy... hihi

yeah, there is almost nothing on this that speaks back to all the current text styles and designs of all current gnr imagery. this is leading me to beleive it might be fake.

I don't think it's fake, why on earth would they want to fuck with us like that?
Jada
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 02:21:51 PM »

im pretty sure the story goes.... someone took a picture of this bike, and it happened to be that gnr was spray painted in the background.

Yeah but most people who buy the record won't know that. They'll think of it as a piece of art. That's what I meant.
Olorin
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

Yes of course Smiley , I just don't think that when we get to see a proper version of that image people will be saying "wow thats a big basket!"

Mabye your right, but from my own perspective I never really wondered about the basket. I wonder who the person was that spray painted the wall, if they are still alive or now dead, what they thought of Shackler's Revenge......
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:23:32 PM by Olorin » Logged
Jada
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »

Yes of course Smiley , I just don't think that when we get to see a proper version of that image people will be saying "wow thats a big basket!"

Mabye your right, but from my own perspective I never really wondered about the basket. I wonder who the person was that spray painted the wall, if they are still alive or now dead, what they thought of Shackler's Revenge......

But it did make you think of something, and that's good. Because if a piece of art is really lame, you won't think about it after you leave the website/gallery/record store/wherever you happened to view it.

But it's of course much more than just a piece of art, because you need to think of it as an album cover (maybe one of three). But I don't think we can fully judge it before we've heard the album. Maybe from a 'commercial' point of view, which is one of my concerns... Will it stand out? Are people who aren't familiar with gnr going to buy the record because the cover art looks cool? And so on.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »

If you think about it, its pretty cool. Imagine you are Axl Rose and you are in China, and some motherfucker has sprayed Guns n' Roses on a wall where there first born, if femail often get abandoned or worse killed. Think about the people and the restriction they have getting the internet to log onto the net to view sites we take for granted. Think about Tianoman (sp?) square, think about the tibeten Monks.

In a country with such appression, if I saw that as Axl may have, I'd be fuckin' honoured. Chinese Democracy sounds just like Axl's own experience of life. Every fucker says Axl did this, or is that, he doesn't want to make trouble he just wants to entertain people (to paraphrase Leeds 2002), I guess he relates with these chinese people who have a life that is like living in a goldfish bowl..

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
ben9785
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

That album cover is awesome. I love it because it's random but its simple, there's nothing to interpret or expect from it.

I wonder if there are other covers, what they will look like..
Judas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »

Who is going to be the first person to write a review so guys???  peace

If I had an account I'd give it Ten Thumbs Up.  beer

what this means to me is more than i know you believe...

http://www.gnr.co.uk
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »

well, the cover won't predict what the content of the album will be.  i was hoping for a pic of the band, but then again, there's too many members and former members to be in a single photo.  i for one can't beleive that this is finally going to happen!!!!!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »

Yea I hope there is a photo of the band in the album cover art work. 
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »

I know everyone is excited because there is actually a cover now, but this cover is disappointing. I don't think it sucks but way too simple, especially for GNR. It's like after all these years the best you could come up with is a black and white picture of a bike and a wall. Wow how Original. There were so many people on this board that had so many cool ideas, way better than this. I hope this is really not the cover. They should have done something controversial... kind of like when they did AFD cover which caused a huge uproar with the whole rape scene thing.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »

I like the cover.  It's elegant, classy, and pretty cool, when you consider the (theoretically) contents of the music it contains.  I know a lot of people have put together cool cover ideas on this forum, but I think they all sort of miss the awesome simplicity and coolness of this cover.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »

I know everyone is excited because there is actually a cover now, but this cover is disappointing. I don't think it sucks but way too simple, especially for GNR. It's like after all these years the best you could come up with is a black and white picture of a bike and a wall. Wow how Original. There were so many people on this board that had so many cool ideas, way better than this. I hope this is really not the cover. They should have done something controversial... kind of like when they did AFD cover which caused a huge uproar with the whole rape scene thing.

I think its a cool cover. And im sure it looks even better in real life, when you see it. Then u really get the right perspective of it.. wonder how the backside of it looks like, and the inside.. Looks like expencive chocolate

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »

a bit simple, yes, but i like the idea of it. but like someone else said, the font looks like it came from a word program. it could have been a bit better.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »

i like this cover!!!

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »

I don't know about you guys but....I'm more concerned about the content of the album, not the cover!! C'mon guys, we've been waiting 15 years and some of you feel the need to bitch about the damn COVER! Wow. I for one am excited as hell right now, I could give a shit less what the cover looks like. Smiley

Axl is God.
ben9785
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »

I don't know about you guys but....I'm more concerned about the content of the album, not the cover!! C'mon guys, we've been waiting 15 years and some of you feel the need to bitch about the damn COVER! Wow. I for one am excited as hell right now, I could give a shit less what the cover looks like. Smiley

That's right. As I said in my other post, I think its great because its anonymous, simple and straight forward, you can't really interpret it or try to look for a hidden message.

I'm not sure why people are expecting so much, just for the album cover. What do they want? The liner notes inscribed on a gold tablet?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2008, 07:40:20 AM »

If the bike art is the/a real cover this would explain why its taken so long to get the album done.

Axl clearly knows what he wants (he talked about this cover in 2002)and doesn't take second best. The drum score on one of the songs, (can't remember which) was mentioned as needing a specific sound, an autitorium (sp?) sound in IIRC. The complexity of the drum track was mentioned also.

If the album has been done with this intensity all the way through, which I think it has, this will be a fantastic achievement. Does anybody recalled Goerge Lucas of Star Wars fame, not filming one of the films because the technology hadn't been developed to film it? I think Chinese Democracy has been delayed for similar reasons.

Have to say Respect to Axl if this is the case. The shit and fucking aggro he's endured to nurse his Baby to the finish line would kill off a lesser man. Well done sir, I bow to your patience   love

Now get your ass over to the Isle of Wight, you know you want too!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:11:47 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: