Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:56:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Was Never Meant To Be Heard MTV.Com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Was Never Meant To Be Heard MTV.Com  (Read 11968 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

So, english is not my first language, can someone give me a summary of this?
Lots of bashing + Comparisons of Chinese Democracy to the failing U.S. economy.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »

So, english is not my first language, can someone give me a summary of this?
Lots of bashing + Comparisons of Chinese Democracy to the failing U.S. economy.

The MTV way  hihi

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »

Talking of shit that's "not supposed to happen".

Is MTV gonna start playing MUSIC?

/jarmo

Agreed!  Smiley

Between my girlfriend and me. She's the one watching MTV, though I'm the one who's most fan of music. She watches The Hills and Laguna High or whatever it's called...

I think the press/critics are sort of in the dark as to what their role in the music industry is these days. I used to be the manager at a recordstore in Norway, and remember the days when people who worked at recordstores and music-critics in the press were the ones that heard "the new stuff" before anybody else. With private listening-parties, free beer and the promo-CD's.
These days the internet seems to have shifted that. Now any kid with a laptop knows what the next big release sounds like before it hit the shelves.

So it seems like some critics/journalists have a hard time grasping what the hell is going on in the world of GN'R. You got respected sites/magazines reporting what the word is on the different fan-forums. And considering Axl's "love" for the media, ("I'll pay VH1 2 million dollars to leave me the fuck alone"), I can only imagine them going: "What??! Chinese Democracy is getting ready for release? What the hell are we gonna do? What? The songs sounds amazing?  nervous

For me, and I guess for many of you, the next events to unfold will be interesting......   beer

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 12:41:11 PM »

Isn't it funny how the media likes to twist things around?

For years they were the ones making the jokes about the album never coming out. Now when it is coming out, their tune has changed to "it was never meant to come out".

hihi

So true. Their other pronouncement through the years (although moreso in the mid to late 90's) was that Kurt Cobain and grunge had killed Guns N' Roses to such an extent that it was irrelevant whether another GN'R album would come out b/c no one would buy it. They now foresee the huge sales potential of this album and are forced to spin the story that we're all crazed sub-humans looking for a nostalgia trip and that the music will actually suck- irregardless of the sales numbers. It really is rather embarrassing at this point.

BTW: I predict Chinese Democracy gets quite a few positive reviews.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »

This article was longer than one my posts not to mention boring as shit. I could not even finish it. Nothing substantive.

MTV is such a piece of crap now. My friend bought an old 80's videos DVD and we watched them for a little while the other day. Although they were dated and a little cheesy, it was still pretty cool to see the messages artists were trying to convey through their music. It reminded me of the purpose of videos... putting a visual to the song.  No one did it better than GNR in the heyday. Everyone believes songs have certain meanings, but I think it is really cool when musicians make videos to show their fans how they see the song or how they want a message to be perceived.

I do not understand why MTV cannot have a channel designated for videos only. Initially that was the purpose of MTV2. Then they just started putting all their crappy reality shows. I am sure their ratings would still be more or less the same. The reason people initially tuned into MTV was for MUSIC VIDEOS anyways.

I remeber MTV's slogan used to be... "I got to have my MTV," I cannot recall the last time someone spoke positive about MTV. They are obviously still making money, but it is just lame. I think the only time I watch that channel is to watch Cribs...  or the MTV awards which have also been pretty shitty lately. This channel used to be so ground breaking and innovative now they are just boring. Even when they try to do something cool it comes off as cheesy or gimmicky and people see right through it.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »

This guy rambles bullshit for 1,000 words and they post it. I remain unimpressed by MTV.

I thought it was funny he said critic will trash the album because that's their job. I thought there job was to evaluate music and give an honest opinion of it. I didn?t think a critics job was to look at how long an album has taken to make, how much they dislike the group or how much the global economy is taking a dump. I thought they were supposed to listen, evaluate and give an opinion on THE MUSIC, not the politics surrounding it. But that?s just me ...

I have whined about the same kinds of things as far as the false starts and such, but I'm not a music critic. I'm just a dumbass fan on a message board. People actually listen to critics ... or do they?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »

I am loving it how everyone who said this album will never see the light of day etc are now backpeddling like fuck and the best part is that it wont matter, there gonna have a wall between GN'R and the fans, there will be able to look but won't able to touch, so goodbye fuckers ! I am gonna enjoy watching the record labels go down the pan !  Cool beer

ROUND 2  Cheesy

peace
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:58:35 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

I think the guy is just pissed because Axl is really a genius! He even hints at it towards the end of the article. Seriously, people will buy this disc just because they are going to want to hear how it sounds after all this time. Axl has created that mystique regardless if you are a fan or not. That is a stroke of genius!

All the bitchin, complaining, etc...the guy is really a genius IMO. And I don't give a shit what anyone says, writes, or feels, I'm going to celebrate and use my hard earned money to purchase the disc and anything else Axl cares to put out. I am my own critic and hardly conform to society.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
ben9785
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »

The press, music magazines, MTV etc etc can insult Axl, slam the new band, rip apart the new album as much as they want. They are amusing themselves. They are imbeciles who are too stupid to get a decent job so that's how they make their living - 'writing' about others.

It doesn't matter if the majority of the world are suckers and buy the garbage from their mouth.

When the album comes out, we will get what we have waited for, and we'll be able to enjoy it for the rest of our lives.

They will still be bitching and moaning and bitter about the past.

The music world currently is in a really sorry and pathetic state. I've lost my faith in music over the last number of years.

I have only kept faith in GNR, and I know they will deliver. They will deliver FOR ME. What anybody else says or thinks about it doesn't mean shit.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »

Axl is an artist, one we have all admired. He has captured the imagination and won the hearts of thousands of people across the world aswell as provoke controversy, rumours about this and that. He's recruited a whole new band and recorded a whole bunch of new material. Love him or hate him, it doesn't matter. He's about to give us an album of work that's gonna sell sell sell and no matter what the critics say, I know all the true GnR fans are gonna love it! Music doesn't have to sound commercial to do well. Axl has a mega fanbase and we want to hear his music. I'm so looking forward to this day. I reckon we'll be hearing news of another album being released within a year of Chinese Democracy

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »

Latest fair and objective review of unreleased Gn'R album (completely made up of course):

"Axl Rose sucks according to an anonymous source, his hair is braided itself after a voodo curse was placed on him, his album, which we have been waiting to rip on, is almost entirely taken up with fart noises, animal screeches, and what sounds like snapping a handful of spaghetti according to what we have heard on youtube.  The artwork was drawn by mentally challenged arangutans according to Judy from the psychic friends network.  I say this as I look in the mirror, and touch myself...I long for dirty sweat socks, and real talent like Britney Spears and P.Diddy.  Life is a weed, weed is life.  Gore in '04!!!"

Remember any idiot can get online and write down his thoughts...reality based or not.  MTV, NME, etc, just seem to pay a large number of these idiots to do so.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2008, 09:49:21 PM »

Personally, I thought the article was pretty tongue-in-cheek funny!! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: