Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Was Never Meant To Be Heard MTV.Com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Was Never Meant To Be Heard MTV.Com  (Read 11984 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »

Is it coming out,(for sure)...?

You think Axl and the band didn't intend for the music to be released?

Really?

/jarmo
I think he meant if the album is really coming out soon (this year)...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »

Really?

/jarmo

No, but you sound like its coming out now...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:50:27 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Until I hear otherwise, my attitude is the same as it was in January.

This is the year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »

Really?

/jarmo
I think he meant if the album is really coming out soon (this year)...

Exactly. Smiley
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »

I can picture once this album is out and whirlwind of people will wanna talk to Axl.  Asking questions probaly some stupid one's like I thought you would never put this record out what made you change your mind ? ect just what the media does they lambast you one minute and then whe something big happens or comes out they wanna talk to you.  Either way what im saying has probaly been said before, With hearing what we have heard regarding new material I think alot of people will be surprised and shock by the new sound of Guns N' Roses.  Im getting ready cause this is gonna be one helluva ride and it makes it just more sweet being behind this band and album since day one.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »

The guy who wrote this pile of crap is a tool...first he got the VMA year wrong, it was 2002 not 2004, and work on "Democracy" started before '98...when I saw that I almost stopped reading because he didnt even bother to fact check the easy shit...and what is that nonsense about "Shacklers" being a terrible song?  It is a great song...Axl told Kurt Loder in 1999 that "we are not working on all this to keep it buried" and in 2002 "YOU"LL SEE IT, i dont know if soon in the word" and this douche is telling us how the record was never actually supposed to come out....moron....but hey its MTV what do you expect...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »

I can picture once this album is out and whirlwind of people will wanna talk to Axl.  

Of course.

All the magazines, newspapers, radio/TV channels and web sites that have been writing shit for all this time will want to talk to him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 01:24:49 PM »

The line about getting wasted in Best Buy parking lot's pretty funny

And yet.....it's probably what will happen.

I can tell you this:  I intend to go to the closest Best Buy doing a midnight opening (if any) and party my brains out that night waiting.  I'm not sure about "wasted"....but certainly partying.   I'm 34 years old....wife and 3 kids.  If the album inspires me in that direction, I'm thinking it might do the same amongst some other fans. Smiley

Hopefully, they'll do a pre-order on the album, so we can all ensure we'll get one that night and we won't have to actually wait "in line" to ensure it.  That will make the party all that much better......

Yeah a pre-order is probably a safe bet. Otherwise if they run out of copies the angry drunks might start a riot!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »

If I were Axl and I faced such diatribes and hate from what  should be an enthusiastic source, or at least neutral, I would not be in a hurry either. MTV in the US is a shadow of what  it was meant to be.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »

Fuck any and all 'future reviews' of the album - they were written YEARS ago anyways. I'm no axl-nutswinger but the critics always wanna bring the man down for whatever reason. This album could be the best body of musical material ever recorded and people will still find faults with it. If not with 'it' with the fact it took long, it cost alot, it isn't 'guns n roses' and all that garbage.

My advice is this - go buy the album when you can, judge it for yourself. Hopefully you will enjoy it and it will be worth the wait - if not, move on and find something else.

DON'T be swayed by some schmuck in an office sitting behind a laptop with an agenda (a a text document written 5 years ago)

Democracy starts really soon, good time to be a real fan of Axl and GNR!!

Peace friends.  peace

p.s. be prepared for some really shocking 'surprises' when this album drops - a few twists in the road awaits.  beer

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 01:35:13 PM »

Fuck any and all 'future reviews' of the album - they were written YEARS ago anyways. I'm no axl-nutswinger but the critics always wanna bring the man down for whatever reason. This album could be the best body of musical material ever recorded and people will still find faults with it. If not with 'it' with the fact it took long, it cost alot, it isn't 'guns n roses' and all that garbage.

My advice is this - go buy the album when you can, judge it for yourself. Hopefully you will enjoy it and it will be worth the wait - if not, move on and find something else.

DON'T be swayed by some schmuck in an office sitting behind a laptop with an agenda (a a text document written 5 years ago)

Democracy starts really soon, good time to be a real fan of Axl and GNR!!

Peace friends.  peace

p.s. be prepared for some really shocking 'surprises' when this album drops - a few twists in the road awaits.  beer

Alright, Mr. Saul.  You can't leave on that last line and not elaborate Smiley

Does one of those twists have to do with a certain Bucket-headed one?

Ali
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

I know it was a bash, but that article really made me laugh out loud.  The whole CD thing really has been something that the masses never expected to come out.  First thing people ask me when I mention that I'm a big GNR fan is "Ok, when is CD gonna be released" forcing me to facepalm.

I can't wait for the whole circus that's going to happen with the damn thing is finally released.  Like always before, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride, but this time I'll have MUSIC to listen to  peace

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Is MTV even relevant anymore? Back in the heyday of MTV, GnR was king. Now, they mock Axl? Sure, perhaps I'm a little longer in the tooth than some other people here (I was a senior in high school when the Illusions came out, for time reference), but MTV is absolutely useless. Where is the "M" in MTV? I thought I was so out of touch when I couldn't relate to MTV anymore, figured it was that out of school and getting a real job and responsibilities thing. Then I started watching FUSE and tune into sirius radio. I suddenly realized that it wasn't me out of touch with things, it was just MTV dragging everything down with its own sense of self proclaimed hip-ness and crappy reality TV. GnR were MTV's bread and butter for a good stretch, they got me to tune in. I'll be on line for Chinese Democracy, and I just may even get drunk in the parking lot for shits and giggles (if I don't have to work the next day  hihi ).
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

I may or may not have laughed at some parts of that article  Embarrassed whatever! GN'R fans ARE crazy  hihi

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
sandman
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »

this piece was really annoying to read.

but one thing hit me...with the financial crisis going on in the U.S. right now, the environment is similar to that of 1987 when AFD was released. it's kinda ironic.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 01:54:40 PM »

"There is perhaps no rock-and-roll album as starstruck or anticipated in history ? eternally promoted by disastrous world tours"

Obviously this a-hole hasn't been to a show in the past several years, which have been anything but disastrous......They are still the greatest rock band of all time and the shows are mind blowing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »

"There is perhaps no rock-and-roll album as starstruck or anticipated in history ? eternally promoted by disastrous world tours"

Obviously this a-hole hasn't been to a show in the past several years, which have been anything but disastrous......They are still the greatest rock band of all time and the shows are mind blowing.

Do you think it's required to know what you're talking about before writing articles on MTV.com?

hihi

/jarmo

wadey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »

FUCK THE HATERS......

everyones coming out of the woodwork now its close to getting released, all these so called stories hitting the web and stirring shit for the sake of stirring shit....I dont know what bothers me more, the stories or the amount of fans that suck it all in

GET IN THE RING MUTHERFUCKERS

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

Do you think it's required to know what you're talking about before writing articles on MTV.com?

hihi

/jarmo

The only requirement is for you to be a straight-out-of college,Starbucks' drinking, liberal with a bone to pick. Knowledge of music or the music business is not what Music Television (MTV) is about or is known for...

Coming from the same people that gave Flavor Flav and Hulk Hogan TV shows.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

I know for a fact the guy that wrote this article never went and saw the old lineup of GN'R and I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen the new lineup.  I don't think there's any doubt that he has no idea about the live experience of GN'R.  Having said that, he's just trying to provoke a reaction.

Ali
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: