Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Upcoming Bumblefoot interview in Rock Brigade magazine (Brazil)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Bumblefoot interview in Rock Brigade magazine (Brazil)  (Read 4427 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »

Thanks jaz! Smiley

That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

Interesting that the track was leaked under the name "Chicken Dinner"...  Is there an explanation that I'm not aware of?  Or is that just a crazy coincedence?

Either Ron knew the leak was named chicken dinner... or they leaked under the title chicken dinner
The interview took place after shacklers was released officially. I don't know how you can assume they leaked the song.

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »

Nice interview,
but I didnt understand this:

What do you think about some online boards? People seem to get mixed reactions about everything the band does, including from your fashion style to your leads.

It's like lobster... I hate lobster - all shellfish. Just the smell of it is like a knife twisting in my stomach. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not for me - it's there for the people that like it. I'd be pretty thoughtless and self-centered if I thought my taste should govern the world - I should respect that other people like lobster, and that everything isn't all about me. If you don't like something, that's fine. It doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not your taste. If you're dicky about it, it's still not bad, you're just a dick that doesn't like lobster. So my outlook on it is simple - nobody should change for the person that doesn't like them - that would be like a restaurant taking lobster off the menu because one customer doesn't like to eat it. It's there for the people that do like it. Be who you are.

In response to being asked what he thinks about seeing people on message boards giving their opinions on aspects of his life from his musical prowess to his fashion sense, what Ron's saying, as I see it, is that people are entitled to their opinions but that he won't be changing just because someone may not agree with or approve of his actions or dress sense etc.  Hence his comment:

"So my outlook on it is simple - nobody should change for the person that doesn't like them.....Be who you are."

And may I add that I think it's excellent advice, no matter what age you are.   Wink

Thanks for posting the interview, Jarmo, and thanks as well to VoodooChild for the great questions.  The more interviews I read from Ron, the more I love his sense of humour; it's as dry as the best martini.

"How is your relationship with the other guys?"

"Nobody's killed each other yet, so I guess all is good."

Classic!   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »

For all the "hey Ron checkie checkie! is this solo you? "mails he got everyday, it must be a coincidence. crazy. hihi

n talkin about coincidence,
Quote from: Ron
Quote from: Voodoochild

Did you read any review of the song yet?

That stuff will warp your brain, haha. Music is personal, different for everyone who hears it. Some will love the song, others won't, some are too biased to be objective. There will be people that feel like the name of a band should have one set definition of what the music should sound like. I don't agree. I'm a Beatles fan. What I love about the Beatles is how much they grew and evolved - if you listen to I Wanna Hold Your Hand, then listen to I Dig A Pony, you'd never know it was the same band. I'm sure some of the fans they had when the band were just kids singin' British doo-wop rock in '62 weren't all up for the ride as the band became loud blues rock guys with their faces buried behind beards. The same with Guns, the band changed over time, and the sound changed, and it will inevitably keep on changin'. 50 years from now, I hope people will look back and appreciate the changes, see it as a life span, and understand more about the events and the statements made in the music. Right now we're all part of the moment. There's no distance from it, to give us perspective. I'd like to read the reviews that will be written in 50 years, those are the ones I want to see.

great minds think alike.  Cool  I like shellfish tho.

True that taste is natural and personal. No one should force theirs on you.
Still It was sorta shocking  to  learn  there are actually some  'real' Beatles  manias that've maintained that the latter Beatles aren't real Beatles.
I also hear Bob Dylan was denounced as a traitor by his diehard fans when he took on rock.

cd/sgtpepper surpasses  AFD /The Beatles I dont care what others say.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Comments On 'Shackler's Revenge' Track - Sep. 28, 2008

The October issue of Brazil's Rock Brigade magazine features an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rock Brigade: How was to record "Shackler's Revenge" [the new GUNS N' ROSES song which is featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack]? You did the solo (with your fretless), some rhythm in the pre-chorus and the last shredding in the ending, right?

Thal: If I remember right (barely remember anything more than five minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos ? the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it ? also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

Rock Brigade: What do you think about the song?

Thal: I like the energy and groove. The vocals really grab ya. I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

According to RollingStone.com, the GUNS N' ROSES "Chinese Democracy" album track "If The World" ? a version of which leaked earlier this year ? will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie "Body of Lies", in theaters October 10. The track features the guitar work of GN'R guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album.

According to Billboard.com, Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for "Chinese Democracy", which is tentatively due on November 25.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »

lobster?

Hear shit like this all too often from the band members as if they are preparing themselves for their music not to be liked.

Look here Ron, I don't know who you are listening to and what you're reading but we're going to the mat on this one.  We've heard all the leaks and we know the words.  Watch us.  Read our lips.    Believe in that.  Believe that we were singing along.  You saw that with your own eyes.  

Whatever you guys are serving up we're hungry and we want seconds, thirds and dessert.  And we want to do it all over again tomorrow.  Now get your ass off that mat and cook us up something.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »

lobster?

Hear shit like this all too often from the band members as if they are preparing themselves for their music not to be liked.
Chillax, cineater, Ron didn't mean anything (bad) by his comments.  He's just playing off of when Axl said that the "sound" of this album is so different from what people think the GNR sound is that some people will love it and some people might not.
I'm positive Ron thinks CD is above and beyond great. headbanger

This was just his attempt at being crypticly funny ... sorta an "inside" joke that's so inside that Ron is the only one who gets the joke.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

lobster?

lobster and shellfish which everyone but him loves  Wink were brought up when he was asked   

"What do you think about some online boards? People seem to get mixed reactions about everything the band does, including from your fashion style to your leads. "

not particularly about their music.

each to their own.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: