Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I don't know what excites me more, CD or the first exclusive Axl interview
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I don't know what excites me more, CD or the first exclusive Axl interview  (Read 4902 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »

I'm more excited for CD, but interviews with Axl are always a treat. He's very engaging and intelligent, not at all what the "press" portrays him as.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

What would shock me is if Axl actually admitted some wrongdoing (in the GNR breakup as well as the many CD delays).

Of course it would shock you because it seems to be what you want him to do.  Roll Eyes

It easy to look back on things and say "that was a mistake". Instead of dwelling on it, move forward and learn from those experiences.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 12:14:12 PM »

@Johnnyblood

One of these days, Axl is going to set straight a lot of the misconceptions about himself and the history of Guns N? Roses and people ain?t gonna know what hit ?em.
by Del James for Fatally Yours (c) 2008.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:17:04 PM by velimir » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »

nevertheless a longer statement from axl about the breakup of one of the biggest rock bands ever in the early 90s is for sure interesting for a lot of people and i think for rock history in general for the simple reason that the only founding member still runs the band "GN'R" but choosed not to talk himself about deeply until now (9/2008).
but as we know the fans have been told some promises/plans from the gnr camp over the years which....well, lets say we better dont take del's words as any form of promise in form of any kind of statement anytime soon regarding ths issue.

Re-Union time, baby!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »

does it say a promise anywhere? one day Axl will say what he will want to say and I will be cool with it. I am looking forward to new music, shows, videos etc. past have been left in past for me for long time now and I don't regeret of anything. it was cool than it is even cooler now.

why would Axl have to admit anything. it is pretty obvious who is telling what and who is looking for more fame with lies and false statements because their band is not doing so well   ok
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »

if ^^that promise-thing was was directed at my reply above: no, Del doesnt directly say "promise", neither did i say he did. we just shouldnt "take it as promise" as we got some kinda bad experiences with that stuff.

anyway these words from a very, very close friend (del) from axl "One of these days, Axl is going to set straight...." sound like there "could" be some longer outcome/info at a point, huh?
and again: the rock history world would love to let axl "set the record straight" and hear him tell us HIS version  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »

What would shock me is if Axl actually admitted some wrongdoing (in the GNR breakup as well as the many CD delays).

Of course it would shock you because it seems to be what you want him to do.  Roll Eyes

It easy to look back on things and say "that was a mistake". Instead of dwelling on it, move forward and learn from those experiences.
/jarmo

You can't move forward if you don't confront your weaknesses. This is as true of Axl as it is of me or you. And this whole saga, beginning with the post-UYI years, followed by years of silence, then the breakup, and all the rest, it's not just "Oh, we had some rough spots." It has been selfish, cynical, and disrespectful.

Also, sorry but if I wanted an evenhanded take on what happened, Del James is the last person I'd talk to. I'd talk to my 80 year old neighbor and get more straight talk.

I've seen enough.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »

The 'breakup' is old news, the stories that are out there have been retold 100 times (albeit never through Axl's eyes) - I want to hear the 'chinese democracy' story...a 'making of' walk through, with the mastermind himself.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
ben9785
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »

Just like what IKnowWhereIAM said..
I don't care about breakup stories or personal gossip rubbish like this.
I would love to see an interview, or a documentary of some sort chronicling the journey from 94/95 until now, obviously focusing on the album, how the new band members got together, what happened after the canceled 2002 tour up to the Hammerstein shows etc.
And this time obviously, better if Axl features in it rather than a bunch of bitter former managers, band members etc
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »

Just like what IKnowWhereIAM said..
I don't care about breakup stories or personal gossip rubbish like this.
I would love to see an interview, or a documentary of some sort chronicling the journey from 94/95 until now, obviously focusing on the album, how the new band members got together, what happened after the canceled 2002 tour up to the Hammerstein shows etc.
And this time obviously, better if Axl features in it rather than a bunch of bitter former managers, band members etc

I agree, in my opinion the evolution of GNR, the creation of Chinese Democracy, and the plans for the future are of greater relevance at this time than raking over past relationships.

Later on, if there comes a point where Axl feels he wants to speak about more personal issues, as he did in the Kim Neely RS article in the 90s, then of course I'd be interested in reading about his experiences.  But that's very much down to him and definitely not something that I would expect him to focus on now.

He did do a very long radio interview with Eddie Trunk (when Bas called him in). I listened to that whole thing and don't recall much insight coming from it. When there were tough questions, Axl usually dodged them. What would shock me is if Axl actually admitted some wrongdoing (in the GNR breakup as well as the many CD delays). That'd be a signal he's ready to play ball.

Johnnyblood - You said that you thought Axl avoided answering the tough questions during the Trunk interview.  Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but did you consider why that might be so?  For example, wrong time, place, medium and even interviewer, all spring immediately to mind.  Yet again, I'm afraid to say, I feel that this appears to me to be a case of a fan wanting to dictate Axl's schedule (for want of a better word) for him.

Also, I don't know why you'd be shocked to hear Axl admit his shortcomings; it's not exactly unusual for him to to acknowledge that he's not perfect.  In my opinion, based on interviews and comments he's made on stage, not only does he possess a strong sense of self-awareness, but is also honest enough to concede that he has issues that he still struggles with.  To my mind, it's this candour that contributes to much of the public misconception about him, and if he dealt as glibly with the media as some other artists, he'd probably have a far easier time of it.  Although personally I'm glad that he's got the courage of his convictions not to play the publicity game, because even if this does mean that, as a fan, it hurts to read or listen to all the rubbish that is talked about him, it also allows me far greater access and insight into the motivation that drives him to create the music that is so much a part of my life.

As for your last comment about him being ready to play ball - again I'd say, play ball in what way and on whose terms?  Yours?  Former band members...?  I don't think so!

Anyway, in the case of GNR, I believe you'll find that it's Axl's ball and if he wants to pick it up and take it home with him, then it's game over for everyone else.   Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »

Axl has had thousands of opportunities during the past 8 years to set the record straight. I don't think he is that interested. So I am more excited about the album.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 04:06:18 PM »

i care about what axl has to say about the old line up, just as i am interested on his thoughts on the new line up. Same goes, for slash, izzy, duff, steven, dizzy, tommy, richard, ron, robin, blah blah....

i'm just interested in the opinions on those who have been involved with GnR, the break up, the album, the delays.....everything.

Something i'd really like to hear is the new line up's opinion of the old line up and, how they think the styles compare, and their feeling s on taking over such a illustrious legacy.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: