Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I don't know what excites me more, CD or the first exclusive Axl interview
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I don't know what excites me more, CD or the first exclusive Axl interview  (Read 4927 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: September 26, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

The album of course is what we all want, but I have been waiting over a decade just to really hear Axl speak and as Del James said, "Set a lot of shit straight"

I am thinking of the enormous Rolling Stone issue or whatever magazine he gives the first one to *I wish he'd do an interview DVD and include it with CD" that would be awesome. But anyway, Getting to hear what he's been doing, how he feels about events that have happened. His side of the split, What he thinks of the music industry today.

So many awesome things I can't wait to get Axl's perspective on and to just really find out all the little behind the scenes details etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »

All I can say is when Axl does speak it will be the TRUTH ! no more listening to old band members reliving their past and not being able to put it behind them.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:03:43 PM »

All I can say is when Axl does speak it will be the TRUTH ! no more listening to old band members reliving their past and not being able to put it behind them.

You say that but how do you know it is infact the truth? Some issues will be true & some will possibly be false. An interview is one persons conceptions of events not a solid fact

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:26:42 PM »

You say that but how do you know it is infact the truth? Some issues will be true & some will possibly be false. An interview is one persons conceptions of events not a solid fact

it wont' be the truth, just HIS perspective on things. but it's the one i'm most looking forward to. hope he shares something soon.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Olorin
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »

I remember Roger Waters talking about the fact that  it is only human nature, that over the course of passing years, one's personal recollections are unconsciously skewed by internal emotions and feelings. This is how one persons memories of distant shared experiences are often different to anothers, and each of them will remember their own personal role in it differently to how the other person saw it.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »

Aye... And that's why Gilmour has got such a problem.

Boom boom!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Olorin
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »

Exactly, but Water's has equally got a problem with Gilmour.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »

Oh, no doubt. I was joking. Although...

... Waters was really keen on a reunion, very much so, and it was Gilmour that was the problem. He wasn't interested at all. Sadly now, it doesn't matter.

A tip though. Were Waters truly as keen as he had been saying of late, it probably wasn't best advised to mention in the program for his last tour that he thought that his live band played Dark Side of the Moon better than his fellow Pink Floyd members did !!

... Wait. Hang on. Chinese Democracy is coming out this year !! I'll put the Floyd thoughts on hold.

I forgot that we actually have something relevant and interesting to talk about with regard to the Roses now. My bad!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Olorin
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »

lol, yeah old habits die hard, and hopefully we have heard the last of Axl's bloody shoes till at least the next tour beer
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »

The first Axl interview.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

I have to admit having already heard a lot of the cd. The Axl interview. Bring it on Axl. We all are patiently waiting to hear what you have to say!
This has been such a long time coming. I am so glad that Axl and company will finally get rewarded for all thier hard work!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

I'd rather have CD by a long shot. As much as I would like to hear Axl's perspective on a lot of stuff that went down, overall the music is what matters. Plus you have to factor in whoever the interviewer is and all the stupid questions they'll probably go through before any good ones.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 04:23:40 PM »

I've always been intrigued by the thought of Axl doing a big interview.  Wouldn't be surprised to see it when the album drops.

Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »

I wouldn't do an interview... I would just do a statement or a book if I was Axl.

I know what questions a stupid-ass reporter is going to ask.

1) Why did CD take so long?
2) Why did GN'R split up?
3) Are there chances of a reunion?
4) Do you talk to Slash?
5) So... GN'R are getting back together?
6) What have you been upto the last 15 years?

I wouldn't want to sit there and listen to some ignorant reporter.

The only person I see interviewing Axl is Kurt Loder. Axl apperantly likes him.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »

It'll be interesting to hear (for me that is) why Merck couldn't get it done and Azoff/Gould could possibly get it done this year. They already achieved more than any previous management with Shacklers and If The World.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

it would be an interesting interview really.i think that would be great if it happens. :beer:here's to hopin.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:35:51 AM by horsey » Logged

the one an only horsey !
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »

It'll be interesting to hear (for me that is) why Merck couldn't get it done and Azoff/Gould could possibly get it done this year. They already achieved more than any previous management with Shacklers and If The World.

It's total speculation on my part, but I'm sure timing has quite a bit to do with as well, not diminishing *anything* that Azoff / Gould have accomplished in their time working with the band.  Given the large cast that has contributed to CD in one form or another, the legal logistics in terms of compensation and credit must be staggering, to say the least...
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

It's total speculation on my part, but I'm sure timing has quite a bit to do with as well, not diminishing *anything* that Azoff / Gould have accomplished in their time working with the band.  Given the large cast that has contributed to CD in one form or another, the legal logistics in terms of compensation and credit must be staggering, to say the least...

Agree.
However Azoff is the expert when it comes to the exclusive thing, somehow i cannot see that Merck would come close in such a deal.
Of course we're never gonna know.
Just release the damn thing!  Grin

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »

the first Axl interview might stall for as long as CD stalled (or forever)...who knows.
I'd love to hear it more than anything, but I have absolutely no hopes about this.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »

He did do a very long radio interview with Eddie Trunk (when Bas called him in). I listened to that whole thing and don't recall much insight coming from it. When there were tough questions, Axl usually dodged them. What would shock me is if Axl actually admitted some wrongdoing (in the GNR breakup as well as the many CD delays). That'd be a signal he's ready to play ball.

I've seen enough.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: