Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 563101 times)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2540 on: November 22, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »

I'm telling you, (and I hate to say this), but I think some of us are going to be in for a verrrry big hassle tomorrow at Best Buy.  I just called them now, and the girl said "um....let me check."  She came back 2 minutes later and said "Yes, we think it should be on the floor tomorrow morning."

We're overestimating how competent these people are at each individual store.

Dude, it's retail and these kids make 8 bucks an hour.

Ya think they really give a fuck?

All I can say is, they'd better have my copies at the "in-store pickup" desk Sunday morning at 9AM.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2541 on: November 22, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »

I'm telling you, (and I hate to say this), but I think some of us are going to be in for a verrrry big hassle tomorrow at Best Buy.  I just called them now, and the girl said "um....let me check."  She came back 2 minutes later and said "Yes, we think it should be on the floor tomorrow morning."

All I can say is, they'd better have my copies at the "in-store pickup" desk Sunday morning at 9AM.

There will be hell to pay if they don't.
King Axl
Rocker

« Reply #2542 on: November 22, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »

If you hear about a riot at the Best Buy in Salem, New Hampshire, it will have been started by me. ok

Hopefully, all will be peaceful, and I will get my copies without any attitude or dumb answers from the employees there.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2543 on: November 22, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »

This board has already gotten pretty busy since Wednesday or so.  I'm kinda afraid of how crazy it's going to be after the actual release date  hihi

Time for me to go back into hiding  rofl

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2544 on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:33 PM »

I've been in the house with the chicken pox for the last week +, and now I'm past contagiousness in the nick of time. Just saying that it's pretty crazy that the first real public place my prescence will be gracing in a long time will be a Best Buy tomorrow morning to buy something I've waited over a decade for. Only thirteen more hours!  drool
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2545 on: November 22, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/34913954.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsA

Among all the rock fans ruminating about the 14-year wait for the new Guns N' Roses album, you won't catch the bosses at Best Buy complaining.

"Right now, in this economy, it's a great time to have music fans so excited about a single album," said Gary Arnold, Best Buy's senior entertainment officer.

It's certainly great for the Richfield-based retail chain: It won the exclusive right to sell "Chinese Democracy," rock's most talked-about record of the past decade, which finally goes on sale Sunday.

For real.

"It'll be there for sure," Arnold promised GNR fans frustrated by the many delays.

With the 2008 holiday shopping season threatening to be as bleak as a Metallica record, Best Buy hopes fans will rush in Sunday morning to buy "Chinese Democracy" and maybe pick up something pricier as well, like a new flat-screen TV or digital camera.

It's a ploy increasingly used by big-box retailers. Minneapolis-based Target is the exclusive seller of Christina Aguilera's first greatest-hits CD, which hit the Top 10 last week. Wal-Mart enjoyed even hotter sales of AC/DC's new "Black Ice" album, which sold 1.5 million copies via its stores and website only.

"It's a brilliant marketing coup on Best Buy's part," said former Rolling Stone music editor Stephen Davis. "But I'm sure it's costing Best Buy, too."

For an exclusive deal with the Eagles last year, Wal-Mart reportedly paid the band $30 million up front -- nonrefundable -- for 3 million copies of its comeback CD "Long Road Out of Eden."

Arnold would not disclose terms of the GNR deal, which does not include digital downloads (available only via iTunes), but said: "It's one of the biggest [ever] -- probably the biggest one we've done."

That's the first page of the article.  Check it out to read the rest.  They quote me on the third page (Joe Osburn).  It's funny, that's not exactly what I told the reporter, but he got the gist of it, so I'm happy!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2546 on: November 22, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »

I checked the Best Buy near me and they have "a lot" in stock.  They are also open an hour early due to holiday hours.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2547 on: November 22, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »

The single for Chinese Democracy showed up right at midnight EST on the day of the release.  I'm hoping the album will be the same.  I did the preorder through itunes so I could get it tonight at midnight.  We shall see... smoking

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2548 on: November 22, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »

The single for Chinese Democracy showed up right at midnight EST on the day of the release.  I'm hoping the album will be the same.  I did the preorder through itunes so I could get it tonight at midnight.  We shall see... smoking

Yeah I  bought it off of I Tunes today, I also gonna buy 2 CD copies tommorow and a vinyl.  I live on the West Coast so I hope it downloads at 9pm.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2549 on: November 22, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »

Just left BestBuy in Albany (NY)...they have pallets full of 'something', wrapped in black plastic, sitting at the front of the store...I wish I had pre-ordered for delivery, but alas, I will have to get up early to be at the door at 9am.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2550 on: November 22, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »

I just recieved my confirmation email.  I take it that guarantees me my copies for tomorrow?

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2551 on: November 22, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »

What's this 9 a.m. talk? My BEst Buy said they won't open until 10. I will still get there early with my new Spiderman game fore the DS but, please explain. I called them tonight and asked and the dude said 10. Is he a dumbfuck?

... how the fuck am I suppose to sleep tonight? Why the fuck couldn't they sell this monster at midnight damnit. I guess its time for more drink and bud.

Chinese Democracy FUCK YEA!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2552 on: November 23, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

What's this 9 a.m. talk? My BEst Buy said they won't open until 10. I will still get there early with my new Spiderman game fore the DS but, please explain. I called them tonight and asked and the dude said 10. Is he a dumbfuck?

... how the fuck am I suppose to sleep tonight? Why the fuck couldn't they sell this monster at midnight damnit. I guess its time for more drink and bud.

Chinese Democracy FUCK YEA!

I hear ya' Budda.  On the Best Buy website, I used the "store locator" feature to see what time my location would be open.  It said 11.  But just for peace of mind, I called to confirm, and they said that they're open at 9.  So I'm glad I called. 

That's what I mean about everyone's store being different.  As someone earlier stated, the people working the floor there make peanuts, so I don't expect them to be all over this.  But on the other hand, I also don't want to read these grandiose press releases from Best Buy if all of their stores aren't going to be on the same page.

My wife was in that store earlier tonight, and she said there was no signage or anything trumpeting the release.  I'm fully expecting to see a bunch of clueless faces working there when I ask for it tomorrow.  I hope I'm wrong.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #2553 on: November 23, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »

Yeah. I've received all the emails that you guys have received too.  I am confident it will be there.  I just can't believe GNR mgmt couldn't have swung it so the stores would be open to midnite.  Oh well.  But I did stop by BestBuy today and can you beliee that there is not one single shred of evidence in the entire store (except for the flyer maybe - didn't check that) that the album is coming out tomorrow???  Not even in the GNR music section.  Oh how I long for the days of Tower Records.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2554 on: November 23, 2008, 12:09:01 AM »

My Best Buy is opening 9am Holiday Hours

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2555 on: November 23, 2008, 12:18:38 AM »

Ya here in Canada I called my bestbuy but they are not doing a midnight sale however an indie store is so I am off to pick up my copy of CD in about 20 min.  drool beer
Bigjoe
Opening Act

GnR 2008

« Reply #2556 on: November 23, 2008, 03:15:50 AM »

New Best Buy ad is up.
Axl is on several pages.

http://www.bestbuy.com/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:26:52 AM by Bigjoe » Logged

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2557 on: November 23, 2008, 03:27:25 AM »

Axl is on several pages.

http://www.bestbuy.com/

Very cool...I didn't see that before.  ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
King Axl
Rocker

« Reply #2558 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:53 AM »

Chinese Democracy AND World Domination start right fucking now!!!!!

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2559 on: November 23, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

Just left BestBuy in Albany (NY)...they have pallets full of 'something', wrapped in black plastic, sitting at the front of the store...I wish I had pre-ordered for delivery, but alas, I will have to get up early to be at the door at 9am.
I feel like a dope.  Rushed there for 9:00 and there were none of the lines I imagined, no mad rush.  The pallets were still there (just overstock I guess - but my 'child' mind was convinced it was all kinds of CD merch), and I actually had to search for Chidem...one free-standing, 4 sided display.  The damned Soprano's display was bigger and placed near the entrance.  2 other people grabbed copies while I was standing there, trying to ask 'salesperson' if the had any shirts/coasters...etc.  Pretty sad (on my part) to assume EVERYONE on the face of the planet was as excited as me.

I could care less about this minor dissapointment however, since I now have CD in my hands, and can listen ALL DAMN DAY!   ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: