Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566513 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2420 on: November 17, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »

black friday is on November 28. But if there is only going to be 30 copies available, then i might as well pre-order the cd just in case.

It says "minimum 30".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2421 on: November 17, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »

That's right, stock that shit!

P.S.  The store managers at Best Buys are cold douchebags!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #2422 on: November 17, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »

There will be plenty of CD's to go around for everyone...

The LP is what I would be most concerned about for those going that route... Well my Best Buy hardly ever has LP's, some might be luckier than I.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2423 on: November 17, 2008, 05:02:37 PM »

That's one of the main reasons I pre-ordered it. If they have the vinyl at the store on release day I'll probably buy another one, but if not, mine will be in the mail.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2424 on: November 17, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »

It says "limit 3 per customer", is that just online?  Because I plan on buying more than 3?

# Chinese Democracy (Cover A) (Bb) has a quantity limit of 3 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2425 on: November 17, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »

It says "limit 3 per customer", is that just online?  Because I plan on buying more than 3?

# Chinese Democracy (Cover A) (Bb) has a quantity limit of 3 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item.

Maybe it has a special price that they have this limit for?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tdurden
Opening Act

Things you own, end up owning you..

« Reply #2426 on: November 17, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »

I just went to my local Best Buy (Calgary,Canada) and I didn't see hide nor hair of anything Chinese Democracy. No posters in the CD section, nothing. I did see it in the current flyer about 20 pages in as being available Nov 23rd. Pretty sad.  Cry  I went in to see if I could scoop some of the promo posters after they were done with them. Is this Best Buy exclusive only in the US?

When I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2427 on: November 17, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »

Is this Best Buy exclusive only in the US?

Yes!

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2428 on: November 17, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

/jarmo

It's for the $11.99 price.  But maybe it has to do with this, it also says "No Dealers".

I hope this doesn't apply at the store or I'll be making multiple trips.  Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2429 on: November 17, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »

/jarmo

It's for the $11.99 price.  But maybe it has to do with this, it also says "No Dealers".

I hope this doesn't apply at the store or I'll be making multiple trips.  Smiley

Haha.  I am in the same boat.  I pre-ordered the maximum of 3 Cds (plus one vinyl).  I was going to get somewhere around a dozen total for xmas, etc.  But hey, coming back the following week to help out second week sales is fine by me.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #2430 on: November 17, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »

The cd is limit 3 per customer in store. This is mainly to stop dealers from getting them, and also so that everyone is able to get it. Stores will be shipped the cd on friday, and it is supposed to be locked up somewhere in the back until sunday. Any pre-orders for in store pickup will be available when the store opens on sunday. If you are planning on getting it on vinyl and you live near a small store, make sure you pre-order it, some stores are getting as few as 10 in stock. Expect to see multiple signs and displays in store within the next week. We got a large posterboard advertising it at the front of the store that we put up yesterday(I got dibs!!)

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2431 on: November 17, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »

The cd is limit 3 per customer in store. This is mainly to stop dealers from getting them, and also so that everyone is able to get it. Stores will be shipped the cd on friday, and it is supposed to be locked up somewhere in the back until sunday. Any pre-orders for in store pickup will be available when the store opens on sunday. If you are planning on getting it on vinyl and you live near a small store, make sure you pre-order it, some stores are getting as few as 10 in stock. Expect to see multiple signs and displays in store within the next week. We got a large posterboard advertising it at the front of the store that we put up yesterday(I got dibs!!)

Good to see there will be some in store promotion there.  That will be important when the masses hit the stores next week to shop.

I'll have to make multiple trips to Best Buy to get more than the three copies on CD I need for gift distribution.

Ali
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2432 on: November 17, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »

I think I saw this mentioned somewhere on the forum, but I can't find it now.

BestBuy.com has AFD, LIES, UYI I, UYI II, & TSI? all listed for $39.99 for release on 12/3/08... anyone know what these are? and why so expensive?

Also have we heard anything else on the limited edition AFD that's being released on Wednesday?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2433 on: November 17, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »

BestBuy.com has AFD, LIES, UYI I, UYI II, & TSI? all listed for $39.99 for release on 12/3/08... anyone know what these are? and why so expensive?

Japanese SHM cds.

/jarmo

Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2434 on: November 17, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

black friday is on November 28.

oops... sorry. well at least you know it's $11.99...heh.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2435 on: November 17, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »

Japanese SHM cds.

/jarmo

Is there a noticeable difference in fidelity? Or do just Dogs notice the difference?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2436 on: November 17, 2008, 06:52:55 PM »

Is that a limit of 3 JUST for CD's, or does that include vinyl.  Like, if I get one vinyl can I only get 2 CD's?  Also, are they still running the deal if you pre-order the vinyl version you get a coupon or whatever for a free download of then entire album?  And if so, is that just for iTunes, or can you use Napster?  Inquiring minds want to know.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2437 on: November 17, 2008, 06:54:01 PM »

That's one of the main reasons I pre-ordered it. If they have the vinyl at the store on release day I'll probably buy another one, but if not, mine will be in the mail.

Just keep your fingers crossed the mailman does not fold your LP in half to fit it inside your mailbox  hihi

I'm gonna get at least 2 in CD ( 1 for me, 1 for a gift). But I may get the Vinyl version as well - I have a lot of classic vinyl ( but my turntable broke years ago).

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2438 on: November 17, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »

Japanese SHM cds.

/jarmo

Is there a noticeable difference in fidelity? Or do just Dogs notice the difference?  hihi

ahh, now I remember... I'm guessing just dogs... I don't see how you can make 1s and 0s sound better... it sounds like a gimmick to me... and at $40 it's an expensive gimmick.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I doubt it.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #2439 on: November 17, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »

FYI, I spoke with the media manager at a Best Buy yesterday and asked him about a "sell limit" per customer. He said that as far as he knew there wasn't any limit on how many could be purchased. I also found out that my Best Buy has over 850 CDs on order, and the other Best Buys in the area have over a 1,000 on order.

Again, unless he was misinformed, there isn't a sell limit on the album at the store. I stressed this with him since I need to buy over 40 copies on Sunday and really don't want to drive to 15 different stores.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: