Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 07:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 600128 times)
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #2340 on: November 06, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »

Just got off the phone with a very nice Best Buy representative. I called her yesterday wondering if I could make a t-shirt with their logo. She said Best Buy was still deciding what to do about midnight releases. She said there were some locations that will most likely do them as ordered by the company. But some that don't get approved can still open at midnight if the manager wants to. Just some info. She said she'd keep me as updated as possible. Very polite.

By the way, I'll post the t-shirt designs if anyone would like to see them. They're pretty cool I think!!!!

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2341 on: November 06, 2008, 07:57:28 PM »

I recently got an e-mail from someone in Best Buys Brand Public Relations and was told "At present there are no midnight openings planned for GNR."

I hope that changes.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2342 on: November 07, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »

I recently got an e-mail from someone in Best Buys Brand Public Relations and was told "At present there are no midnight openings planned for GNR."

I hope that changes.

I was hoping for a midnight sale too, but I can wait til 11 am on Sunday I guess.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2343 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »

I hope that changes.

I was hoping for a midnight sale too, but I can wait til 11 am on Sunday I guess.
Do Best Buys not open till 11am Sunday mornings?  Man I'm gonna be restless sleeping that night, tossing and turning.  It'll be like waiting to wake up for Christmas when you were 6.  I guess I'm gonna have to get really drunk the night before so I will have less trouble sleeping in.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #2344 on: November 07, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »

I hope that changes.

Do Best Buys not open till 11am Sunday mornings?  Man I'm gonna be restless sleeping that night, tossing and turning.  It'll be like waiting to wake up for Christmas when you were 6.  I guess I'm gonna have to get really drunk the night before so I will have less trouble sleeping in.

Holiday hours should be in effect by than, if not already. Which means they should open at 9 or 10 am on sundays (9 am during the week and i think 10 am on sundays), if past years are an indication.  smoking

Edit: you can also go to http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&DCMP=rdr0001153 for store locator and than click on the hours, directions and events link on your store. Mine is now open 10 am to 8 pm on sunday, which i am sure is holiday hours.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:20:52 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2345 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

You're in CT, too, right?

Maybe we could round up a "crew" for a little night before partying somewhere...maybe some nice drinking establishment?  I'm not sure where, exactly, in CT you are, but....there's gotta be something centralized, and we might be able to put together a good number of forum denizens for something impromptu.

Anyone else interested?  Any other CT residents?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2346 on: November 07, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »

Maybe we could round up a "crew" for a little night before partying somewhere...maybe some nice drinking establishment?  I'm not sure where, exactly, in CT you are, but....there's gotta be something centralized, and we might be able to put together a good number of forum denizens for something impromptu.

I'm in nearby RI and very interested in meeting with other GNR fans for a get-together Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #2347 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »

Just a small update, it appears Best Buy now has the album featured on their online front page (www.bestbuy.com).   Smiley
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2348 on: November 07, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »

any word on the free single for those that pre-ordered already???

BB hasn't answered me back.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2349 on: November 07, 2008, 02:23:45 PM »

Talking to Best Buy right now. They are saying you have to cancel and re-preorder to get the single.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2350 on: November 07, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »

Talking to Best Buy right now. They are saying you have to cancel and re-preorder to get the single.

Well, that's messed up......

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2351 on: November 07, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

I'm in nearby RI and very interested in meeting with other GNR fans for a get-together Grin
I'm in northeastern CT, about 10 minutes from Hartford.  I might be down for a get together, if anyone wants to go ahead and try to set something up.  After all, this is a once in a lifetime thing, right?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #2352 on: November 08, 2008, 02:47:10 AM »

I'd be down for a CT party as well.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2353 on: November 08, 2008, 03:32:21 AM »

CT party?

... OH! Cock Taint party? Coke on Titty party?? Big difference here fellas so, which one is it?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #2354 on: November 08, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »

I just want to know if they are going to open at midnight anywhere. Come on one Best Buy in the Boston area can come through for this can't they??
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2355 on: November 08, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »

I hope that changes.

Holiday hours should be in effect by than, if not already. Which means they should open at 9 or 10 am on sundays (9 am during the week and i think 10 am on sundays), if past years are an indication.  smoking

Edit: you can also go to http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&DCMP=rdr0001153 for store locator and than click on the hours, directions and events link on your store. Mine is now open 10 am to 8 pm on sunday, which i am sure is holiday hours.

High Times, double check with your local Best Buy.  I spoke with somebody at my local Best Buy in Dover, DE and they didn't know shit.  I called a week later and found out the store opens at 9am Sunday the 23rd.  (normally they open at 10)
 beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #2356 on: November 08, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »

probably has more to do with the fact that is christmas shopping season then because of the new GNR album.  I really hoped for a midnight release too because I work that saturday night and I could have just went after work to pick it up.  I do not think however that Best buy will stay open at midnight for a $11.99 cd which will most likely be $9.99 because usually new releases are that price their first week.  They only do those midnight deals for video games like guitar hero, rock band, halo, etc...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2357 on: November 09, 2008, 08:24:49 AM »

There is NOT .. I repeat .. NOT any mention at all of Chinese Democracy in this week's Best Buy flyer!!!  rant

WTF??  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2358 on: November 09, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »

There is NOT .. I repeat .. NOT any mention at all of Chinese Democracy in this week's Best Buy flyer!!!  rant

WTF??  rant

It's because your attention span is so short.

No use for advertising it two weeks in advance.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2359 on: November 09, 2008, 12:01:29 PM »

I'm in northeastern CT, about 10 minutes from Hartford.  I might be down for a get together, if anyone wants to go ahead and try to set something up.  After all, this is a once in a lifetime thing, right?

I'm in NW CT, so the Hartford area works for me, too.

Let me see what I can find around that area (Hartford, West Hartford, I-84 corridor-ish).  I'll try to find some places this week....

Me, Henson, Faldor, Little Fly...any others in the area that might be interested?

You can PM me if you don't want to post in the thread.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:03:28 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: