Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 600868 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2200 on: October 27, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »

$11.99 on sale now?  Good or bad sign?

I don't know but shouldn't my existing pre-order drop to this amount as well?

Also, when I preordered, I had to pay for shipping.

However, I believe that the card isn't charged until it's shipped. SO, that should mean, they will just charge less when it ships Smiley .... right?

At least that's what I'm telling myself.....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2201 on: October 27, 2008, 09:30:04 PM »

Did anyone receive an email from Best Buy asking to take a store survey? I'm looking over my emails now and apparently
Best Buy sent an email to my account asking me to fill out a store survey as a result of picking up Chinese Democracy
at the store. I find it odd since CD hasn't been released yet.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2202 on: October 28, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »

They could of course use the midnight opening as a marketing tool "The fans waited 15 years for this day - we wouldn't make them wait a second longer than they had to......" type thing with rioting and police cars commentry on the promotional material.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2203 on: October 28, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »

$11.99 on sale now?  Good or bad sign?

I don't know but shouldn't my existing pre-order drop to this amount as well?

Also, when I preordered, I had to pay for shipping.

However, I believe that the card isn't charged until it's shipped. SO, that should mean, they will just charge less when it ships Smiley .... right?

At least that's what I'm telling myself.....

I called them and they dropped my shipping charges off my order. I double checked pricing while I was on the phone and they said that you'll be charged the price of the item when it ships. So if the album is priced $9.99 or something like that on the day of release, that's why they'll charge you.

peace

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2204 on: October 28, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but, while I'm sure we'd enjoy a midnight release, what's in it for Best Buy? Isn't the whole point of a midnight release to beat the other stores to the punch? In this case, there are no other stores. So it's kind of pointless, isn't it?

Sometimes.

Sometimes it's about "the hype", and getting yourself some good press.  This would likely accomplish that, and do some album promotion as well.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #2205 on: October 28, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »

Sorry to ask again but got no answer.  Is it just the one version of the cd and vinyl or are there still alternatives.

Thanks in advance

Don't Damn Me!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2206 on: October 28, 2008, 09:16:28 AM »

Sorry to ask again but got no answer.  Is it just the one version of the cd and vinyl or are there still alternatives.

Thanks in advance

Right now, it just looks like one cover for both.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2207 on: October 28, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »

well,best buy thing is cool.

I except more than 600000 in first week

look at this,ac dc sold more then milion copies in first week

this is after 55% count
1 AC/DC COLUMBIA 639,664
BLACK ICE
-- 2 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: SENIOR YEAR WALT DISNEY RECORDS 176,979
SOUNDTRACK
1 3 KENNY CHESNEY BNA/SBMG NASHVILLE 81,780
LUCKY OLD SUN
2 4 T.I. GRAND HUSTLE/ATLANTIC 54,670
PAPER TRAIL
7 5 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 33,287
ROCK N ROLL JESUS
4 6 METALLICA WARNER BROS. 24,165
DEATH MAGNETIC
8 7 NE-YO DEF JAM/IDJMG 20,116
YEAR OF THE GENTLEMAN
6 8 JENNIFER HUDSON ARISTA/RMG 17,886
JENNIFER HUDSON
-- 9 MARY MARY COLUMBIA 17,874
THE SOUND
17 10 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJMG 15,774
GeraldFord
« Reply #2208 on: October 28, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

well,best buy thing is cool.

I except more than 600000 in first week

look at this,ac dc sold more then milion copies in first week

this is after 55% count
1 AC/DC COLUMBIA 639,664
BLACK ICE
-- 2 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: SENIOR YEAR WALT DISNEY RECORDS 176,979
SOUNDTRACK
1 3 KENNY CHESNEY BNA/SBMG NASHVILLE 81,780
LUCKY OLD SUN
2 4 T.I. GRAND HUSTLE/ATLANTIC 54,670
PAPER TRAIL
7 5 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 33,287
ROCK N ROLL JESUS
4 6 METALLICA WARNER BROS. 24,165
DEATH MAGNETIC
8 7 NE-YO DEF JAM/IDJMG 20,116
YEAR OF THE GENTLEMAN
6 8 JENNIFER HUDSON ARISTA/RMG 17,886
JENNIFER HUDSON
-- 9 MARY MARY COLUMBIA 17,874
THE SOUND
17 10 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJMG 15,774

Didn't the Kid Rock CD come out like, 2 years ago...wow. Hope GN'R's album does as well!
GeraldFord
« Reply #2209 on: October 28, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »

Any word on if it's a jewel case or dig pac?
Olorin
« Reply #2210 on: October 28, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »

34 now, but it shows there is a demand in the UK, it'll be top 10 come the week of release.

Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #2211 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »

AC/DC sales are a scam. Most of those sales are guaranteed from Wal Mart, so it's Wal Mart's internals buying a certain % each week until their guarantee is reached.  Look at the Eagles sales, same thing.  If you really think The Eagles sold 8 million on their own,  you need to lay off the Kool Aid kiddo.
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2212 on: October 28, 2008, 07:27:38 PM »

AC/DC sales are a scam. Most of those sales are guaranteed from Wal Mart, so it's Wal Mart's internals buying a certain % each week until their guarantee is reached.  Look at the Eagles sales, same thing.  If you really think The Eagles sold 8 million on their own,  you need to lay off the Kool Aid kiddo.

Black Betty that's not how it works. Walmart had to buy over two millon copies to sell, but those do not count in the total sales. Only albums sold to customers. Yes, the Eagles really did sell 8 million copies on their own.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2213 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »

Black Betty that's not how it works. Walmart had to buy over two millon copies to sell, but those do not count in the total sales. Only albums sold to customers. Yes, the Eagles really did sell 8 million copies on their own.

I think what BB is getting at is that Wal-Mart has people buying the albums off the shelves to falsify the numbers sold to customers.

I couldn't begin to tell you if that's what's happening, I just think that's what she's getting at.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2214 on: October 28, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »

They have sold 4 million actually, but since it's a double disc album, it counts as 8.

But you knew that!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2215 on: October 28, 2008, 11:37:13 PM »

You're talking about status/charting.  I think the way it worked was the total number that ships to the retailer (Best Bury/Wal-Mart) counts toward record statue i.e gold, platinum, etc. whereas the billboard rankings are based on the number actually sold to customers.  I don't know about the Eagles (and maybe I have had the Kool-aid   Lips Sealed), but I don't think Wal-Mart would buy that many copies if they couldn't sell them (they didn't take over the world by being stupid), so how did it do in the charts?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2216 on: October 29, 2008, 02:49:50 AM »

on www.hitsdailydouble.com we have official confirmatiom too
but there we have too,a number of copies which sold gnr last album "greatest hits",and we can find that GH was sold in more than 4m copies.
As we know gnr sold only 169000 copies in a first week,but later album made 4 time platinum.
For example acdc album sold 800000 copies in first week,but i'm sure after 4 years they won't sold more than 3 m copies.

upcoming releases for 11/25/08 

artist/   label        last major release           1st week                           sales U.S. OTC 
 Adkins, Trace
Capitol Nashville         8/15/06                      114,706                               785,788 
 Guns N' Roses (11/23 Release)
           Geffen              3/23/04                     169,000                               4,251,000 
 Killers
Island/IDJ 8/29/06 314,788 1,323,731 
 Ludacris
Def Jam/IDJ 8/22/06 309,284 1,237,470 
 Rudolf, Kevin
Universal Republic Debut N/A N/A 
 Shontelle
Universal Motown Debut N/A N/A 
 West, Kanye
Def Jam/IDJ 9/11/07 956,936 2,163,168 
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #2217 on: October 29, 2008, 05:42:59 AM »

You're talking about status/charting.  I think the way it worked was the total number that ships to the retailer (Best Bury/Wal-Mart) counts toward record statue i.e gold, platinum, etc. whereas the billboard rankings are based on the number actually sold to customers.  I don't know about the Eagles (and maybe I have had the Kool-aid   Lips Sealed), but I don't think Wal-Mart would buy that many copies if they couldn't sell them (they didn't take over the world by being stupid), so how did it do in the charts?

Billboard only reports actuall sales and no those 800.000 are not a scam and the Eagles didnot sell 8 million copies, they are certified 3 times platinum.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2218 on: October 29, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »

Billboard only reports actuall sales and no those 800.000 are not a scam and the Eagles didnot sell 8 million copies, they are certified 3 times platinum.

Dude it was certified triple platinum by the end of last year after 5 weeks:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS209441+12-Dec-2007+BW20071212

The number sold by now is much closer to that 8 million (like 5.9 million to date according to wikipedia).
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #2219 on: October 29, 2008, 11:06:26 AM »

No it ain't:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/google/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003855688

The album has sold 3.1 million, since it's a double album most news outlets report the double amount (which is common).

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: