Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 600949 times)
NW GNR Fan
Opening Act

« Reply #2160 on: October 25, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

On the 23rd I will be flying on a plane for 5 hours from Vancouver Washington to Boston starting at 6am. So a midnight release would be perfect so that I could listen to CD the entire way uninterupted. However if there is no midnight release, I will rip my hair out the entire flight and choke myself on the single serving pretzles on purpose.
Don't choke yourself to death.  You'll never get to hear CD.  Is there a layover?  Maybe you can sneak out and get to a Best Buy.  I don't know much about iTunes, if it's gonna be sold through them, could you go that route while in the air?

Yes I think I have a 2 hour layover somewhere. I am going to try to get a taxi to take me to BB. I wonder if they will have a digital download at 12am? Shrug.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2161 on: October 26, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

I got this e-mail last night from Best Buy...looks like there are still few glitches to work out.

Subject: How was your pick up experience?

Store pickup is a popular option with BestBuy.com shoppers - and we're continually striving to make this service faster and more convenient. Please click the button below to fill out a brief survey about your recent store pickup experience on 10/21/2008, including Chinese Democracy (Cover A) (Bb)-CD-Guns N' Roses. It should only take a few minutes.

Thanks for helping BestBuy.com serve you better!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2162 on: October 26, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »

i got the same email! i was like WTH?!  Shocked

i'm going to call tomorrow morning, just to make sure my pre-order is still in their system.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2163 on: October 26, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »

If they let me pick it up, I'll fill out the survey.  Grin

CD #1 and Vinyl #3 on the pre-order.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2164 on: October 26, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

so the single is out via i tunes tomorrow then??

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #2165 on: October 26, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »

I hope so, but I also hope it's a worldwide iTunes release......

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2166 on: October 26, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »

I wanna put it on my Ipod asap Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2167 on: October 26, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

Based on?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
cpfc82
Opening Act

« Reply #2168 on: October 26, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »

for the person who was asking about where to buy the Vinyl version in England, i've used this company quite a few times......http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/46637.htm..... and the best thing is i've always had it delivered the friday before the monday release date. hope this is helpfull.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2169 on: October 27, 2008, 05:40:02 AM »

Based on?

i thought the idea was the song was released to radio on the 22nd with it being official on the 27th, so ifigured official itunes release then. I'm positive i read that on this forum

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2170 on: October 27, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »

I got this e-mail last night from Best Buy...looks like there are still few glitches to work out.

Store pickup is a popular option with BestBuy.com shoppers - and we're continually striving to make this service faster and more convenient. Please click the button below to fill out a brief survey about your recent store pickup experience on 10/21/2008, including Chinese Democracy (Cover A) (Bb)-CD-Guns N' Roses. It should only take a few minutes.

Its not a glitch. Don't worry. I have ordered from them a few times on preorder. The accounts are just set up that way. Everyone that orders gets one.
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2171 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:21 AM »

Its not a glitch. Don't worry. I have ordered from them a few times on preorder. The accounts are just set up that way. Everyone that orders gets one.
amyl

Yeah, the order is there.

You'd think if I had picked it up, I would have remembered that.  hihi

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2172 on: October 27, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »

Based on?

i thought the idea was the song was released to radio on the 22nd with it being official on the 27th, so ifigured official itunes release then. I'm positive i read that on this forum

Yeah, I read that too at some point.

I just checked and I didn't see CD in Itunes yet.  On the other hand, I'm a novice at Itunes, so I could have missed it  hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #2173 on: October 27, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

So, is it just the 1 version of each then.  Rather than 3 cd and 3 vinyl versions?

Don't Damn Me!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2174 on: October 27, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »

i don't think there is a midnight thing going on. You'll just have to be there when they open Sad

I've emailed Best Buy Customer relations on this and the response I got was "It's under consideration but no final decisions have been made".  So I wouldn't discount a midnight opening yet.  I wouldn't count on one, though, either.

The thing that REALLY hurts our chances the most, IMHO, is that you have Black Friday on the same pay week, and that really eats up staffing dollars.  To do a midnight opening AND the doorbuster Black Friday sale might be tough to do.  I'm still hopefuly....we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2175 on: October 27, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »

i just got off the phone with BB.com customer service.

i received the same email that FunkyMonkey posted. (follow up on order pickup)

the phone rep said that they are automatically generated and they don't take pre-orders into consideration when the emails are sent out.  the pre-orders are still in the system, and fine. 

just wanted to help out anyone else who might have been paranoid (like me) about the pre-orders!  Grin

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2176 on: October 27, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

Based on?

Yeah, I read that too at some point.

I just checked and I didn't see CD in Itunes yet.  On the other hand, I'm a novice at Itunes, so I could have missed it  hihi

No, someone took a list that said released to radio and assumed that it meant released as single and this is what happens.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2177 on: October 27, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »

I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if this point has previously been posted.  I'd use the search function on the site, but I believe it's been disabled due to the high load caused by all the excitement (hell yeah!)

In any case, a new video game, Fallout 3 comes out Oct. 27th (tomorrow).  In support of it, several Best Buys across the country have midnight openings tonight for the release, including where I live, in Minneapolis.

Now, Fallout 3 is a fairly big deal in the video game world, but I don't see how it could compare in "big deal-ness" to Chinese Democracy.  My point being, if Best Buy is doing midnight openings in major cities for this release, I'd imagine there is a very strongly likelihood that they'd do the same of Chinese Democracy, given that it's an exclusive for them, the demand for the album, and the historical significance of it all.

Again, I apologize if this is old news to everyone here.

Edit: Here is the press release for the Fallout 3 midnight sales: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-102408.php
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:57:48 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2178 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »

I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if this point has previously been posted.  I'd use the search function on the site, but I believe it's been disabled due to the high load caused by all the excitement (hell yeah!)

In any case, a new video game, Fallout 3 comes out Oct. 27th (tomorrow).  In support of it, several Best Buys across the country have midnight openings tonight for the release, including where I live, in Minneapolis.

Now, Fallout 3 is a fairly big deal in the video game world, but I don't see how it could compare in "big deal-ness" to Chinese Democracy.  My point being, if Best Buy is doing midnight openings in major cities for this release, I'd imagine there is a very strongly likelihood that they'd do the same of Chinese Democracy, given that it's an exclusive for them, the demand for the album, and the historical significance of it all.

Again, I apologize if this is old news to everyone here.

Edit: Here is the press release for the Fallout 3 midnight sales: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-102408.php

I actually agree.

But here's the counterpoint:  Games generate a larger amount of revenue $ per unit...simply because they're bigger ticket items.  They also lend themselves to greater "add on" sales, like game accessories, etc.  CD's, because they are already a relatively low cost item, don't generate the revenue $ per unit AND don't lend themselves as well to those add ons/impulse buys, so you have to look at that vs the costs of opening up at non-traditional hours, and whether you can sell enough units to make it worthwhile.  You also have to consider that the Black Friday doorbuster sale, staring EARLY in the AM, and their expanded holiday hours, start that same pay week...you have to wonder what those "midnight opening" labor hours would cost BB.

I've seen BB do games, and occasionally BIG release DVD's.  I can't remember them doing a CD.  I HOPE this is the one they take the chance on.  It's the biggest "exclusive" (and might be their first/only....can't remember) CD release.  I think for the PR alone, it might be worthwhile to do a regional midnight opening at select stores.  I'm just not sure what the bean counters will think.  I hope they agree with you (and me).

Oh..and Fallout 3 looks SICK.  I'll be picking my copy up on the way home from work tomorrow...now I just gotta wedge it in between playing Fable II.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:07:16 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2179 on: October 27, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »

I actually agree.

But here's the counterpoint:  Games generate a larger amount of revenue $ per unit...simply because they're bigger ticket items.  They also lend themselves to greater "add on" sales, like game accessories, etc.  CD's, because they are already a relatively low cost item, don't generate the revenue $ per unit AND don't lend themselves as well to those add ons/impulse buys, so you have to look at that vs the costs of opening up at non-traditional hours, and whether you can sell enough units to make it worthwhile.  You also have to consider that the Black Friday doorbuster sale, staring EARLY in the AM, and their expanded holiday hours, start that same pay week...you have to wonder what those "midnight opening" labor hours would cost BB.

I've seen BB do games, and occasionally BIG release DVD's.  I can't remember them doing a CD.  I HOPE this is the one they take the chance on.  It's the biggest "exclusive" (and might be their first/only....can't remember) CD release.  I think for the PR alone, it might be worthwhile to do a regional midnight opening at select stores.  I'm just not sure what the bean counters will think.  I hope they agree with you (and me).

Oh..and Fallout 3 looks SICK.  I'll be picking my copy up on the way home from work tomorrow...now I just gotta wedge it in between playing Fable II.  Smiley

Those are all very fair points, but I'm still optimistic that they will do a midnight release for this album, primarily because it's an exclusive for them.  While video games bring in a lot more money per copy sold, they also have a smaller potential consumer base.

In any case, the best way to make it happen is to let Best Buy know that we want a midnight release and will be there if it happens!  ok

Fallout 3 does look sick, but after being a huge fan of Morrowind, and being disappointed by Oblivion, I'm gonna wait for the review before I pick it up.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: