Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566915 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1200 on: October 13, 2008, 03:43:57 PM »

I don't get this cautious optimism shit.   Whether on the one hand you're a wet blanket realist or, on the other, have completely shot your load already based on Billboard's announcement, either way, if for some reason it doesn't happen, what was gained by not believing?  Either way, the worst case scenario is you wouldn't have the album.  So, go ahead and ejaculate, it feels great! And then do it again on November 23rd!

Rock n' roll forever.

DemocracyRose
« Reply #1201 on: October 13, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »

I really hope there will be an announcement this week. Each day going by with no annoncenment from GNR, worries me. If we dont get any news from GNR in like 2 weeks, Im losing faith about a release this year...

i think if it was untrue then it would have been shot down by now........in this case i think that no news is good news

The whole ability to "call it off" thing still worries me... If GNR did announce it, they would have no intention to...

Exactly...
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1202 on: October 13, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »

well I dont htink the guy i talked to would make the "calling it off" thing up.

so if GNR made this deal with Best buy with the ability to call it off up to 2 weeks before hand, why would they announce anything before that?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Jada
« Reply #1203 on: October 13, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »

I don't get this cautious optimism shit.   Whether on the one hand you're a wet blanket realist or, on the other, have completely shot your load already based on Billboard's announcement, either way, if for some reason it doesn't happen, what was gained by not believing?  Either way, the worst case scenario is you wouldn't have the album.  So, go ahead and ejaculate, it feels great! And then do it again on November 23rd!

Rock n' roll forever.

That's my kind of life philosophy.  ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1204 on: October 13, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »

Chinese Democracy
De voorbereidingen voor een zesde album van Guns N? Roses beginnen al in 1994, maar het duurt eindelijk tot 23 november 2008 voordat Chinese Democracy, zoals het album heet, het levenslicht ziet.

http://www.universalmusic.nl/artist_detail.php?aid=+Guns+N\%27+Roses

I dont understand a word of this but this is an "official" Universal site that has just confirmed the 11/23 date.  Be excited  Grin  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:52:42 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1205 on: October 13, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »

the only thing that concerns me is just everything that goes into a release.

U got promo tours, The CD has to be manufactured as Jada brought up, presumably a video.........

Just seems things are going to go down to the wire and that makes me a tiny bit nervous.

Id say realistically, they have till November 1st to get things rolling. That would leave plenty of time to do what they need to do.

Still have to wonder where Robin fits into all of this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1206 on: October 13, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »

so if GNR made this deal with Best buy with the ability to call it off up to 2 weeks before hand, why would they announce anything before that?

Why 2 weeks? That leaves no time for promotion, distribution, etc....  
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1207 on: October 13, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »

kk GNR website...Update.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1208 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »

Why 2 weeks? That leaves no time for promotion, distribution, etc....  

not sure.

to be fair he said something like "its up to guns n roses. they have the ability to call it off up to 2 weeks or something before nov 23"

he sounded unsure of the actual call of date but he did make it clear to me that they are allowed to call it off.

he also sounded like he had been asked about CD a lot hihi

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: October 13, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »

I can tell you with an absolute certainty that the guy you called at your local Best Buy has no idea about deal specifics... Other than rumors, nothing about this release has made its way down to the stores yet.
I worked there 10 years ago and most of my managers at the time are still with the company at some capacity (store/district/regional)... Nothing formal has been given to the employees, so the person you spoke to is either making it up or repeating a rumor he heard either on the internet or from someone else at BB who also doesn't know anything.

Short of getting them to read info off of the screen (which he did wrong, it says 11/25 not 11/23) don't trust anything else they tell you. The media people know as much about industry details as their computer sales people know about what they sell (which is next to nothing)... Ask a salesmen in there to tell you where the flux capacitor is on a computer... 70 percent of the time they will do their best to show you (by making it up!)...

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:58:04 PM by C0ma » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1210 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:41 PM »

As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1211 on: October 13, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »

As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can.

Now this I believe more than the kid at Best Buy store # 830
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1212 on: October 13, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »

Nice to know things are still on track.  Thanks Mysteron.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1213 on: October 13, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »

Chinese Democracy
De voorbereidingen voor een zesde album van Guns N? Roses beginnen al in 1994, maar het duurt eindelijk tot 23 november 2008 voordat Chinese Democracy, zoals het album heet, het levenslicht ziet.

I dont understand a word of this but this is an "official" Universal site that has just confirmed the 11/23 date.  Be excited  Grin  Grin Grin

First UNI comfirming it? Very interesting. Wink
overmatik
« Reply #1214 on: October 13, 2008, 04:02:56 PM »

Chinese Democracy

It says this:

Arrangements for Guns N 'Roses 6th album began early in 1994, but it took until 23 Nov. 2008 before Chinese Democracy, as the album is called, to see the light.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1215 on: October 13, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »

he seemed too professional to repeat rumors.

and what do you know, he was right Grin

Jada
« Reply #1216 on: October 13, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »

Thank you Mysteron!  Smiley

So some negotiations must be still going on...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1217 on: October 13, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »

thanks man  ok

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1218 on: October 13, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »

Thank you Mysteron!  Smiley

So some negotiations must be still going on...

Probably thinking of ideas for singles, videos ect.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1219 on: October 13, 2008, 04:08:04 PM »

Chinese Democracy

It says this:

Arrangements for Guns N 'Roses 6th album began early in 1994, but it took until 23 Nov. 2008 before Chinese Democracy, as the album is called, to see the light.

Thanks for the translation...It's nice to see Universal finally confirming it.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: